A Silent Voice English Dub Clip Features Lexi Cowden as Shoko
posted on by Karen Ressler
The rest of the cast is as follows:
- Ryan Shanahan as Shoya Ishida (sixth grade)
- Kira Buckland as Naoka Ueno
- Gia Grace as Naoka Ueno (sixth grade)
- Annabelle Corigliano as Miki Kawai (sixth grade)
- Catie Harvey as Mikoko Sahara (sixth grade)
- Brian Bekerle as Hirose (sixth grade)
- Michael Sinterniklaas as Kazuki Shimada
- Spencer Rosen as Kazuki Shimada (sixth grade)
- Kristen Sullivan as Yuzuru Nishimiya
- Lipica Shah as Yaeko Nishimiya
- Janis Carol as Ito Nishimiya
- Sara Cravens as Miyoko Ishida
- Max Mittelman as Satoshi Mashiba
- AnnaBelle Deaner as Maria
Stephanie Sheh is the director and casting director on the dub. Amanda Winn Lee and Michael Sinterniklaas are providing additional directing and Clark Cheng is spotting. Lee and Cheng are also providing additional writing, and Lee is serving as consultant. Anime Limited will release the film on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on October 30.
Naoko Yamada and Kyoto Animation's anime film is based on Yoshitoki Ōima's manga of the same name. Anime Limited screened the film with English subtitles in the United Kingdom and Ireland in March. Viz Media Europe acquired the rights to distribute the film in the European Union, Russia, Turkey, and French-speaking African countries. Eleven Arts Anime Studio will screen the film in the United States in Japanese with English subtitles beginning on October 20.
Crunchyroll describes the original manga's story:
I wish we had never met. I wish we could meet once again.
A boy who can hear, Shoya Ishida, and a transfer student who can't, Shoko Nishimiya. One fateful day, the two meet, and Shoya leads the class in bullying Shoko. But before long, the class shifts its target from Shoko to Shoya. Years later, Shoya feels strongly that he must see Shoko once again.
The film earned 2.3 billion yen in Japan, and was the 19th highest-grossing film released in Japan in 2016.
Update: Amber Lee Connors name spelling fixed. Thanks, Marissa.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history