Anisong World Matsuri Announces Lineup for Anime Expo
posted on by Karen Ressler
Anisong World Matsuri and Anime Expo announced the lineup of performers on Wednesday for this year's event. The festival will begin on Wednesday, July 4 at 6:00 p.m. with a concert from Love Live! Sunshine!!'s Aqours. The event will mark the group's first full-length solo concert in the United States.
On Friday, July 6 at 7:00 p.m., the festival will host "Japan Super Live" with the following performers:
- Aimer (Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, After the Rain)
- Yuki Kajiura (Fate/Zero, Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
- May'n (Restaurant to Another World, Izetta: The Last Witch)
- Sanketsu-girl Sayuri (ERASED, Scum's Wish)
On Saturday, July 7 at 5:30 p.m., the festival will host "Japan Kawaii Live" with the following performers:
- AKB48 Team 8
- The [email protected] Cinderella Girls
- i☆Ris (Twin Star Exorcists, PriPara)
- Shoko Nakagawa (Gurren Lagann, Punch Line)
Tickets will cost US$60 for loge, US$85 for orchestra, and US$150 for VIP. The VIP tickets will include priority entrance, VIP seating, and "special goodbye" with the artists after the concert.
This year's Anime Expo will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from July 5 to July 8, with a pre-show event on July 4.
Disclosure: Bandai Namco Rights Marketing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Bandai Namco Holdings Inc., is a non-controlling, minority shareholder in Anime News Network Inc.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history