Live-Action Bleach Film's New Video Narrated by Anime's Lead Voice Actor Masakazu Morita
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Warner Bros. began streaming a special video for the live-action film of Tite Kubo's Bleach manga on Wednesday. Voice actor Masakazu Morita, the voice actor for protagonist Ichigo Kurosaki in the Bleach anime, narrates the video.
The cast includes:
- Sōta Fukushi (live-action Strobe Edge's Ren Ichinose, live-action Kami-sama no Iu Toori's Shun Takahata) as protagonist Ichigo Kurosaki
- Hana Sugisaki (live-action Blade of the Immortal's Rin, Mary and The Witch's Flower's Mary, When Marnie Was There's Sayaka) as Rukia Kuchiki
- Ryō Yoshizawa (live-action Gintama's Sōgo Okita) as Uryū Ishida
- Taichi Saotome (Crows Explode's Ryōhei Kagami) as Renji Abarai
- MIYAVI (live-action Blade of the Immortal theme song performer) as Byakuya Kuchiki
- Erina Mano as Orihime Inoue, Ichigo's classmate
- Yu Koyanagi as Yasutora "Chad" Sado, Ichigo's classmate
- Masami Nagasawa as Masaki Kurosaki, Ichigo's mother
- Yosuke Eguchi as Isshin Kurosaki, Ichigo's father
- Seiichi Tanabe as Kisuke Urahara, a strangely-dressed man who helps support the Shinigami against the Hollows
Shinsuke Sato (live-action Gantz, Gantz II: Perfect Answer films, Oblivion Island anime film) is directing the film. [ALEXANDROS] is performing the film's theme song "Mosquito Bite," as well as the featured song "MILK."
The story will center on the "Substitute Shinigami Arc," the manga's first arc that ran from its first to eighth volume.
Kubo launched Bleach in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2001, and ended it in August 2016. Viz Media published the manga in North America digitally in English as Shueisha published new chapters in Japan. Viz Media is also publishing the manga in print.