Kenja no Mago Anime's Promo Video Previews Both Opening, Ending Themes
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Kadokawa began streaming a promotional video on Saturday for the television anime of Tsuyoshi Yoshioka's Kenja no Mago (The Wise Grandson or lit. The Sage's Grandson) novels. The video previews i☆Ris' opening theme song "Ultimate☆Magic" and virtual singer Nanami Yoshi's ending theme song "Attōteki Vivid Days."
The series will premiere on April 10 at 11:30 p.m. on the AT-X channel. The anime stars:
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Shin Wolford
- Shohei Komatsu as August von Earlshide
- Rina Hon'izumi as Sicily von Claude
- Yūki Wakai as Maria von Messina
- Yūsaku Yara as Merlin Walford
- Gara Takashima as Melinda Bowen
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Oliver Schtrom
- Miyu Kubota as Alice Corner
- Arisa Shida as Toll von Flegel
- Megumi Yamaguchi as Lynn Hughes
- Juri Nagatsuma as Yuri Carlton
- Chiaki Kobayashi as Tony Freyd
- Keisuke Koumoto as Julius von Littenheim
- Shōta Hayama as Mark Bean
- Saya Satō as Olivia Stone
Masafumi Tamura (Two Car, Ange Vierge) is directing the anime at SILVER LINK, and Tatsuya Takahashi (The [email protected] Cinderella Girls, Beatless, Eromanga Sensei) is overseeing the series scripts. Yuki Sawairi (Masamune-kun's Revenge, Two Car) is designing the characters.
The original story begins when a powerful wizard and sage, who has saved his world from calamity many times, comes upon a baby whom he adopts and names Shin. The baby is actually a man from our world reincarnated into the sage's world. The sage raises Shin, separated from the rest of society, and teaches him in the ways of magic. It is only when Shin turns 15 years old and sets out on his own journey that the sage remembers that he forgot to teach Shin the common sense and ways of this particular world. And so, Shin goes the capital of the Alsheid Kingdom to enroll in the capital's magic academy.