Ore wo Suki na no wa Omae Dake ka yo Anime's 2nd Promo Video Previews Theme Songs
posted on by Egan Loo
The official website and Twitter account for the television anime of Rakuda and Buriki's Ore wo Suki na no wa Omae Dake ka yo (Are You Really the Only One Who Likes Me) light novel series began streaming the anime's second promotional video on Tuesday. The video previews the opening and ending theme songs, and introduces the main character Amatsuyu Kirasagi's convoluted relationships in this romanic comedy.
Shuka Saitō is performing the opening theme song "Papapa." Haruka Tomatsu (voice of Pansy), Haruka Shiraishi (voice of Himawari), and Sachika Misawa (voice of Cosmos) are performing the ending theme song "Hanakotoba."
In the romantic comedy series, Amatsuyu Kirasagi is invited out alone by the cool beauty upperclassman Cosmos and his childhood friend Himawari. Expecting to hear their confessions, he triumphantly goes to meet each of them in turn. But Cosmos and Himawari both instead confess to Amatsuyu that they like his friend. Amatsuyu fights this lonely battle, but there is another girl who is looking at him. She is a gloomy girl with glasses and braids. Amatsuyu finds that he hates her, because she's always turning her sharp tongue only on him and finding enjoyment in his troubles. But it turns out that she's the only one who actually does like him.
The cast includes:
- Daiki Yamashita as Amatsuyu Kisaragi (or Jōro), the self-proclaimed dense protagonist
- Haruka Tomatsu as Sumireko Sanshokuin (or Pansy), a girl with glasses, braids, and a sharp tongue
- Haruka Shiraishi as Aoi Hinata (or Himawari), the childhood friend
- Sachika Misawa as Sakura Akino (or Cosmos), the multi-talented student council president
- Yūma Uchida as Taiyō Ōga (or Sun-chan)
- Shiori Mikami as Hina Hanetachi (or Asunaro)
- Nao Tōyama as Chiharu Yōki (or Tsubaki)
- Shuka Saitō as Charisma Group Child A
Noriaki Akitaya (Bakuman. all three seasons, Active Raid both seasons, BONJOUR Sweet Love Patisserie) is directing the anime at CONNECT, and Shoko Takimoto (Armed Girl's Machiavellism, Death March to The Parallel World Rhapsody, BONJOUR Sweet Love Patisserie) is designing the characters. Rakuda is writing and supervising all the episode scripts.
The other staff members include:
- Assistant Director: Geisei Morita
- Art Director: Michiko Morokuma
- Background Studio: Studio TENJIN
- Color Key Artist: Ryoko Oka
- Compositing Director of Photography: Takeshi Hirooka
- Photography Studio: Nexus
- 3D Director: Takeshi Saito
- 3D CG Studio: Wired
- Editor: Kentarou Tsubone
- Editing Studio: REAL-T
- Sound Director: Fumiyuki Go
- Sound Effects: Katsuhiro Nakano
- Recording Adjustment: Daiki Hachimaki
- Music: Yoshiaki Fujisawa
- Music Production: Aniplex
- Animation Produce: Barnum Studio
The anime will premiere in Japan on October 2 on Tokyo MX, Tochigi TV, Gunma TV, and BS11 at 24:30 (effectively October 3 at 12:30 a.m.). The series will debut later that night on TV Aichi, and it will premiere on Yomiuri TV on October 7.
Kadokawa began publishing the light novel series in February 2016, and released the 11th novel on May 10. Yū Ijima launched a manga adaptation on Shueisha's Shonen Jump+ website and app in February 2017. Shueisha published the third volume on January 4, and the fourth will ship on October 4.