The List 8 Demons You Wouldn't Exorcise
by Lynzee Loveridge, Nov 10th 2012
Demons made into popular culture as villains and undesirables thanks to their uncanny tradition of possessing humans. Usually nefarious, powerful, and untrustworthy, there is still the occasional demonic character that proves themselves one better than their brethren. Today's list count downs the demons that prove themselves more useful than diabolical and a littler nicer too.
8. Jama-P (Wedding Peach) Whether you'd kick Jama-P to the curb or not depends entirely on your tolerance for sugary sweet magical sidekicks. While technically healed of his demonic ways for most of Wedding Peach, Jama-P is still a demon but prefers to act as a messenger for the Love Angels, or throw himself at enemies as a last resort.
7. Calcifer (Howl's Moving Castle) The grumpy hearth demon powers Howl's castle, albeit begrudgingly. He can be underhanded at times, especially when trying to vie for his freedom but is mostly harmless. He proves his nature is better than the usual demonic depictions, choosing to stay with his comrades even after his contract with Howl is broken.
6. "Chaser" John Doe (Dream Eater Merry) Initially, John Doe proves pretty fearsome and a force to be reckoned with when he has his mind set on possessing Yumeji. This subsides and he becomes an ally to the group, using his healing abilities and the most adorable weapon at his disposal: an army of cats. John also has his own black cat form that makes feline aficionados like myself melt.
5. Urd (Ah! My Goddess) Technically, Urd is only half-demon, something she shows anxiety about through out the series. Effectively denying her demon heritage, Urd focuses on caring for her siblings, drinking sake, and flirting with Keiichi. Her powers are only matched due to her refusal to accept a 1st Class Goddess license, but her intentions are usually good. Urd isn't above lying though, assuming that she thinks the ends justify the means.
4. Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist) Rin got the awesome revelation that he is literally the spawn of Satan and inheritor of the Lord of Darkness' powers. Renouncing his father, Rin instead enlists as a Paladin at True Cross Academy for the sole purpose of exorcising his own father. His powers are accessed by drawing his sword, Kurikara, but he risks losing control of himself when he does so. Nonetheless, Rin fights on the side of good, hopefully keeping him off Father Merrin's radar, for now.
3. Sebastian Michaelis (Black Butler) Sebastian Michaelis (named after real French inquistor and demon classificationist Sébastien Michaëlis) is Ciel Phantomhive's killer butler. Devoted to his master and highly capable at anything and everything, it seems a fair trade-off that Sebastian is, well, inhuman. He is hardly on good behavior all of the time, in fact the guy is a bit sinister, but something about the coattails and English tea seem to make up for all of it.
2. InuYasha (InuYasha) InuYasha may be a demon, but he's a dog demon and that works well in his favor. Not remotely evil, sometimes adorable, and loyal to a fault, InuYasha is the type of "infernal" being worth having by your side. Initially, InuYasha is more aloof and cold but grows more and more personable as time goes on, routinely fighting beside Kagome and both parties earning each other's trust.
1. Kaiser de Emperana Beelzebub IV (Beelzebub) Baby Beel has a lot of dangerous abilities used for comedic value, like electrocuting people when he throws a tantrum or his holy demon urine that he unleashes once a year. Regardless, Baby Beel is a baby and an adorable one at that. All latent demonic powers aside, a priest would need a heart of solid rock to exorcise the cute tyke. Unless his caretaker royally messes up, Beelzebub will probably grow into an absolutely normal, well-rounded demon teenager. Nothing to worry about there, right?
The new poll: It was traditional in Samurai culture for those in the warrior class to take up a secondary skill, usually an art form of some kind, to balance their energy and lifestyle. Which of these traditional Japanese art forms would you most like to learn?
The old poll: Last week I asked which anime parents you would most like to raise you. Nagisa parents won in the polls for their devotion for their child, loving relationship, and probably because Akio is a badass. Here's the full results:
- Akio and Sanae Furukawa (CLANNAD) 31.4%
- Maes and Gracia Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist) 22.0%
- Lord Death (Soul Eater) 10.8%
- Chiyo-Father (Azumanga Daioh) 9.2%
- Daikichi (Usagi Drop) 7.5%
- Goku and Chichi (Dragon Ball Z) 7.4%
- Ryouji "Ranka" Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club) 5.7%
- Misako Kurata (Kodocha) 3.6%
- Genma Saotome (Ranma 1/2) 2.3%%
Alright everybody, see you all next week! I look forward to your input in the comments and feel free to follow me on Twitter @ANN_Lynzee.
discuss this in the forum (26 posts) |