News Yamada-kun & the Seven Witches TV Anime Casts Tomokazu Sugita, Yuuki Ono
posted on 2015-01-21 02:20 EST
The official website for the Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo) television anime confirmed on Tuesday that Tomokazu Sugita (Gintama, Macross Frontier) and Yuuki Ono (Kuroko's Basketball, Durarara!!×2) will also star in the series. Sugita will play second-year student Hideaki Tsurukawa, and Ono will play second-year student Mitsuru Kameda. They also play the same roles in the two original anime DVDs.
The cast already includes:
- Ryota Ohsaka (Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara, Knights of Sidonia) as Ryū Yamada
- Saori Hayami (Is the order a rabbit?, Bakuman) as Urara Shiraishi
- Toshiki Masuda (Kimi no Iru Machi, Samurai Flamenco) as Toranosuke Miyamura
- Maaya Uchida (Date A Live II, Noragami) as Miyabi Itō
- Toshiharu Sasaki as Kentarō Tsubaki
- Eri Kitamura (Magic Kaito 1412, Knights of Sidonia) as Nene Odagiri
- Daisuke Ono (Terra Formars, Magi - The Kingdom of Magic) as Ushio Igarashi
- Jun Fukuyama (Blue Exorcist, Spice and Wolf) as Haruma Yamazaki
- Kana Hanazawa (Psycho-Pass, Steins;Gate) as Mikoto Asuka
- Yui Makino (Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Angel Beats!) as Meiko Ōtsuka
- Yuki Takao (Kimi no Iru Machi, Blade & Soul) as Maria Sarashima
- Aoi Yuki (The Seven Deadly Sins, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) as Noa Takigawa
- Masumi Tazawa (Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?) as Rika Saionji
- Shinnosuke Tachibana (Kamisama Kiss, Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes) as Shinichi Tamaki
The original anime DVDs also star Mai Nakahara as the second-year student and archery team head Karen Kimishima. However, the television anime has yet to confirm that she will reprise the role on television.
Tomoki Takuno ([email protected]: XENOGLOSSIA, Love Live! School idol project episode director) is directing anime at Liden Films with assistant director Fumiaki Usui. Michiko Yokote is writing and supervising the series scripts. Eriko Iida (Love Live! School idol project episode animation director) is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director. Yota Tsuruoka (Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) is the sound director, and Masaru Yokoyama is composing the music.
The manga's 15th compiled volume bundled the first anime DVD on December 17. The manga's 17th volume will bundle the second OVA and ship on May 15, 2015. (These anime will feature an original story and include hot spring scenes.) The television anime will also premiere this spring.
Miki Yoshikawa launched the manga in 2012, and the series is currently running in Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine. Crunchyroll is releasing manga chapters online overseas as they are published in Japan. The manga already inspired two promotional videos, including one that announced the original anime DVD project.
The manga features cameos by characters from Yoshikawa's earlier Yankee-kun to Megane-chan manga, which inspired a live-action television series. Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo already inspired a live-action television adaptation that premiered in 2013.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history