• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Asia Premieres English Dub of Dragon Ball Super in Southeast Asia, India on January 21

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nubguy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:54 am Reply with quote
Is this the same dub that Funimation is working on, or is it an entirely different one?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:05 am Reply with quote
Well, this should bring up some... interesting internet conversations.

For the record, I'd like to have both this and the inevitable Funimation English dub on the same Blu-Rays. Pipe dream, I know. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 am Reply with quote
nubguy wrote:
Is this the same dub that Funimation is working on, or is it an entirely different one?

Bang Zoom! Entertainment is producing this dub, which they have already confirmed on their Instagram and Twitter feeds. https://www.instagram.com/p/BNVqwDNDpUi/
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:06 am Reply with quote
nubguy wrote:

it's a completly different dub but it's not that bad actually you can view it on youtube
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:21 am Reply with quote
Oh two concurrent dubs again lol. Brings me back.

But Jamieson Price is Mr. Satan apparently so I can't complain yet.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:35 am Reply with quote
Ugh... I mean I'm certainly curious to see how Bang Zoom handles it but its existence is so utterly pointless considering a Funi dub is coming. I hope Toei realise how much money they've missed out on by screwing them over like this. Though I suppose I shouldn't expect any less from the guys who approved Glitter Force and 4kids One Piece.

While I do like Bang Zoom I don't expect a dub made for Asian Toonami will be this big high budget all hands on deck effort. Jamieson Price is a fine choice for Hercule even if he's not quite as charismatic as Rager in this particular role (He's probably closer to the Japanese voice). Not a big fan of Buu though.

I'll probably find a way to watch at least the first episode since I've always been curious how LA would handle DBZ. If they were permanently replacing Schemmel, Sabat and the gang I'd have reason to be mad but that doesn't seem to be the case. Still, I'd be lying if I said my expectations were high.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:43 am Reply with quote
Welp, I want to know who'll voice Goku and Vegeta btw.

I would like Patrick Seitz as Piccolo tbh.
russ869

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
I watched that preview. As someone who can't stand the Funimation dub, it actually sounds really good. But why the hell did they still change Mr. Satan's name to "Hercule" and give Boo a retarded Mickey Mouse voice (just like the Funimation dub did). Anyway... there's a chance this new dub may actually be tolerable enough for me to watch (slim chance, but a chance nonetheless).
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Jeez, Dragonball's entire franchise now has at least 5 different English Dubs that I know of. Blue Water (garbage), Ocean Group (standard 90's OVA level bad), Big Green (kill me), Funimation (what we're all used to) and now Bang Zoom. Personally, I don't see the point in Bang Zoom doing this. I'd think that for other continents, they'd just get Ocean Group like they always do.
emory

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Jeez, Dragonball's entire franchise now has at least 5 different English Dubs that I know of. Blue Water (garbage), Ocean Group (standard 90's OVA level bad), Big Green (kill me), Funimation (what we're all used to) and now Bang Zoom. Personally, I don't see the point in Bang Zoom doing this. I'd think that for other continents, they'd just get Ocean Group like they always do.

You forgot Speedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlc8Ko38ECA
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:

That was.... fantastic.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
nubguy wrote:

Bang Zoom! Entertainment is producing this dub, which they have already confirmed on their Instagram and Twitter feeds. https://www.instagram.com/p/BNVqwDNDpUi/

Some of the Funi actors live in LA, I wonder if they'll be in this dub too.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
trunkschan90 wrote:
Some of the Funi actors live in LA, I wonder if they'll be in this dub too.

If they are then this will be the most hilarious thing since the Rurouni Kenshin TV dubs Laughing
DarkFusion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

Oh, now I get Dende's DBZ Abridged nickname Smile
D-Rock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting for the English dub to come out on Toonami/Adult Swim to start watching it. The voice actors and the music suit it much better than the original subs. Funimation did a great job with Dragon Ball Z. I'm so excited to start watching it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2