• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Witch Craft Works (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Episode 9

THANK YOU
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
You're welcome!

Now gimme money.
Bango

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:01 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
You're welcome!

Now gimme money.

Ummm... with the... ummm... exchange rate difference between our countries (yeah yeah he'll believe that) ummmm... due to exchange rates any money I give you will be worthless. Shocked

Finally saw the mysterious Episode 9. Wow, stuff really got bad quick.

spoiler[Giant nurse Kagari] just shows your lack of imagination, Takamiya. Not only did you miss the chance for spoiler[giant swimsuit Kagari] (fresher in your memory) but you also missed the chance to have the series staple of... spoiler[Giant robe-and-hat-and-nothing-else Kagari]! I'm so very disappointed in him. For shame. ..... Wow. according to my browser's spell check "shame" isn't a word. What's it trying to say about me!?

That spoiler[holding chamber] freakin sucked but I gather it was just a normal room. spoiler[Easy access, think (brick) walls]... But I am glad to see the witches employing spoiler[technology as well as magic. I was always a fan of an old gif that showed a wizard casting some intense looking spell and then a dude just shoots him with a gun.]

I don't have a good enough feel for the new villainess yet but she seems ok. I think I'll like her more than Medusa.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Oh, so finding out Honoka had a spoiler[vast amount of magic when he summoned the familiar] was foreshadowing that spoiler[Kagari would have him make a contract]. And Kagari can spoiler[fight without magic], her mother is really something.

Honoka's cool moments was spoiler[caring about protecting others so much he nearly put his life in danger], and Kagari gets to spoiler[flying knee a golem]. Of course Kagari is going to look cooler, but is it a little unfair that next to her Honoka is going to look like the weaker of the two? It is not like he is some scaredy cat, and failure of using what he has got.

Great that even spoiler[bombs] can look cute, unless they are spoiler[grenades], then they look a bit scary with the aftermath. I never really thought that much about the idea of the ED being the Tower Witches doing karaoke after some failure, but the thought now gave me a laugh, they were spoiler[useful in this ep though].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I probably shouldn't laugh but those spoiler[bombs] looked almost cute in a way. I sure hope Takamura is going to put his training to good use because they'll need it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
If this had more than 12 episodes I would have totally dropped it.
It's a shame this anime didn't use its full potential.
Could've been so much more interesting.
Takamiya was being a crybaby again ^^"
I just don't get that guy at all.
Lots of talking, but not much action.
These last few episodes should pack more punch.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Wait, did spoiler[Medusa] just save those witches? I guess she did in her own badass way. The fight between Kagari and that witch was better than I had thought with the OST. Oh and seems like she also has spoiler[powerful regenerative abilities].

I can't help but chuckle a little with the fact that spoiler[Kagari did "bring" Takamiya with her. I mean, they are as one Laughing]

Anyways, looks like a cliffhanger. One more week of waiting~
Wait, next episode is the finale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Seeing spoiler[Takamiya's mom & Kazane way-back-when] was fun.
Now I get why she likes spoiler[Kazane] so much ^^
The whole spoiler[hanging out with Mikage] was weird.
Didn't quite get the point of it.
Guess it was a part of the healing process.
spoiler[Ayaka] was pretty busy with her own problems.
Things are quite chaotic at this point.
Wonder what they'll do in the final episode?
Should be good.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

The memory bit at the beginning felt a little jumbled up, but it seemed to fill a little holes in, but also ask more questions. Actually the whole episode felt a little jumbled like we were seeing so many things.

I don't think that puppet is a spoiler[certified doctor], "its" plan was to spoiler[strip Honoka and shove a leek up his rear end]. I did like that the amazing shock was just spoiler[that she thought he had a nice body] and that they apparently spoiler[swapped shirts so she could borrow some of] his power.

spoiler[Princess] Kagari is awesome. And the battle looked cool with some surprisingly nice CG scenery.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Honoka acts like a girl, freaking out like that at being seen naked.
Flare Trias

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Will there be a second season?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Flare Trias wrote:
Will there be a second season?

No announcement at the end of the finale so no. I don't think there's enough material for now anyways.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

spoiler[A life to offer huh? That's quite a compensation if I say so myself. Some bits of the finale felt odd but the way the magical atmosphere was conveyed was consistent on most parts imo.]

We didn't get to see aspoiler[ kiss on the lips from Takamiya this series]. Why am I not surprised? Oh well, maybe some other day. That fight near the end was way too fast though. Anyways, rating this as decent. Nothing special though.
Flare Trias

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
The Anime was a good one , mostly the start , i liked it the way it is.
And the Novel is more than this too and even the Manga continues if any of you is interested in the Manga ,give it a try.
So im not quite sure but i guess there will be certainly a second season just a guess though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I liked this episode quite a bit for a finale. I was kind of fine with Honoka with all this, he is not a total wuss as he was willing to spoiler[save everyone's life by giving up his own, even though he knew this too meant going with Kagari]. He did get the right amount of flak for spoiler[not kissing her on the lips], but I did think the way that was done was amusing. And so what, he is girly, does every male main character have to have some level of manliness to be a good male lead? His dreams spoiler[are filled with cute penguins] that when the spoiler[powers were used it filled] the city with them. What about him saying that it is spoiler[wrong for unmarried people to kiss], that innocence is cute (no homo). And it looks like Kagari is only spoiler[alive because a contract with him/princess].

And the llama, everything is better with llamas, the way they defend their mascot was a nice running gag. Plenty of other funny parts like the friendship spoiler[between the rabbit and bear]. The fact we knew Kazane was spoiler[going to pop up to get her revenge], but apparently she spoiler[recovered in 20 hours and was just waiting around because she lost], so Kagari was right about that trait. And Kagari also spoiler[beating up Medusa's girls without magic], they obviously did not hear about the golem and traits shared between mother and daughter.

Full series time. More than any of the shows so far this the one I did not want to end at this point. My favourite ED of the season, a very fun atmosphere that played on expectations with the good and bad guys, and colourful characters. I was probably giving up on hope something like this could get me so happy, but for me this was one of the best shows of the season, there were a number of reasons behind this. Even small bits like say Rie's part as a somewhat villain, the scene where she went scary was nice. Also have to mention art, there were a couple pieces here and their where the staff seemed to put a lot of work, like really good CG parts which might have made it feel a little uneven, but I just really enjoyed them. For another example of really nice art, I really liked the part in the last episode where spoiler[the city is fixed], it was so pretty.

I rate it Excellent, because I can't say it was a masterpiece, but I really enjoyed it. Dusky seal of shows he likes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9