• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Netflix to Produce 30 'New' Anime Series for 2018 Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:59 pm Reply with quote
It's good news for me, I can only afford to pay for one streaming service and I pay for Netflix because it has some of every type of thing I want to watch (movies, original TV shows, past seasons of broadcast/premium cable TV shows, and anime).

Crave TV in Canada seems to be snatching up more of the broadcast/premium cable TV shows I'd otherwise want to watch but can't since I can't afford two streaming services, so I'm glad Netflix is getting more anime to balance out the TV shows they're losing to Crave.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
c933103

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
Since anime is getting more and more global then the amount of money flowing in will be increasing. It means that over the next several years the volume of late night cours produced will increase as well as the quality of the animation. Well, that is indeed already happening and Netflix is just helping to put more fuel in the fire.
That is a very wishful way of thinking, especially after you see what happened when Chinese money enter Japanese anime industry.

Quote:
Also, I should add that Netflix is in fact making the world much more aware of late night anime. Before Netflix even if you had cable it was very hard to get a channel that showed anime but now hundreds of millions of westerners have access to about 40 late night anime shows on Netflix. Netflix has noticed that there shows get substantial viewership so they are investing in them. Hence, expect anime to be getting more and more "mainstream" over the next years (although probably it is never going to be like live action TV it will be much more popular than it is now, specially among younger people).
Are you for real?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8