• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gender-switching anime.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
@Sohma_Curse

If you will look at the opening of the first SAC series, that is Motoko as a little girl cyborg. She mentions breaking the doll in a later episode in the first season. She became a full cyborg years before she became an adult.

There is an episode in the first series where Batou tells her she should ditch the "weak" female body. She challenges him spoiler[and while everyone is waiting for the first move, she hacks his arm and he punches himself in the face.] That may be what you are thinking of.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Sohma_Curse

There is an episode in the first series where Batou tells her she should ditch the "weak" female body. She challenges him spoiler[and while everyone is waiting for the first move, she hacks his arm and he punches himself in the face.] That may be what you are thinking of.

Nah, the scene I'm thinking of took place at Motoko's apartment (or maybe Batou's) and it was just between the two of them with nobody else around. It's likely I just misinterpreted the exchange. It's also possible that the dub took some liberties with the script and made the line(s) a little more cryptic than they needed to be. I only watched the series once, so a re-watch to refresh my memory (and perhaps to better understand things that may have flew over my head the first time) before delving into second gig would probably be a good idea!
Morisummer500

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Seno from Kampfer, he is a nice looking blue haired boy who turns into
a gorgeous blue haired babe when he-she was forced to fight in a
war, as a proxy warrior I believe.
Yet the best crossdressing character is Amawa from I My Me, Strawberry Eggs, one of the most enjoyable anime series I watched. In order to secure a job as a kyoshi at a school run by a man hating
principle and vice principle, his landlady helped him dress up as a sexy women! She became one of the most popular kyoshi at the school.
There's a suprise about the landlady at the end of the series too.
Also I've seen Princess Princess, and then there is the pig tailed girl too!
thebeats42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:06 am Reply with quote
One that I can think of is Shugo Chara. A certain character there dresses like a girl to meet the expectations of his family.
1a310(Jason_Tan)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Anime:Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu male lead turns into girl by a bracelet to fight ridiclous monsters (nothing makes real life logic) and as the title indicates when they transform they become girls with twintails hair style
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8