• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Akame ga Kill! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
There are a fair number of good shows this season, this being one of them. I actually like the (female) characters in this show though I feel it will be quite a while before we find out everyones hidden intentions. The main character is a bit of a drip but 'harsh reality' should beat that out of him over time.

I could do with that visionary imperal arm though for umm, research purposes.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Oh look, a cheerful good natured person who believes in justice. I'm sure she'll have a long and happy life.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Quite liked Sheele's backstory. Also, washing Mine along with the laundry. Very Happy

Looks like we got our first look at what I'm assuming are going to be our main villains. I am almost positive that spoiler[the righteous justice girl is either already crazy in some way or will go mad due to something happening to her over the course of the show.] I just get that feeling.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Remember the last time we had what appeared to be an innocent and nice looking girl who seemed to bond with the protagonist, and was not part of Night Raid? Well I am starting to think spoiler[that we should not get used to her being a true justice person]. Actually the show seems to like and play with turning cute girls around, just look at what the airhead Sheele can be like. I am such a sucker for the sweet types, yet I do find the psycho parts can be pretty interesting.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I am such a sucker for the sweet types, yet I do find the psycho parts can be pretty interesting.

What is interesting about this anime is that some of the obvious bad guys seem to have different aspects to them. The serial decapitator guy was really just a put-upon public servant until his job drove him crazy. The corrupt big ugly man police guy seems to have been a fairly conscientious and indulgent mentor.

You are right -- with this anime you cannot really predict what a character is going to be.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 am Reply with quote
That imperial guard, Seryu's Imperial Arm is probably a "hentai". it probably just killed all the guy and ugly girls that wanted it as a weapon.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

On a positive note I thought that moment between Tatsumi and Sheele was really nice. It's great that they finally let an emotional moment sink rather than inserting an unfunny gag during it. Still they could have built up spoiler[Tatsumi's denial of never seeing his friends a bit better.] They are usually brought up in brief flashbacks that almost always get interrupted so it was hard for me to take him seriously this episode. I couldn't help but think the issue could have been much more powerful.

Sheele might have the most flimsy backstory though. The only skill spoiler[in life she has killing?] Eh.......ok sure, whatever. Moving on.

I think there could be potential with thisspoiler[ new justice girl.] It would be nice to have Tatsumi confront someone who is as spoiler[genuinely gung-ho about justice as he is.] Conflicting ideals, unfortunate circumstances, I really think something good could come of it. But judging from the spoiler[preview her personality] is going to take a 180 flip turning her into another forgetful psychopath.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
...into another forgetful psychopath.

Dontcha just hate those forgetful psychopaths? They never remember where they bury the bodies...
thebeats42

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:
...into another forgetful psychopath.

Dontcha just hate those forgetful psychopaths? They never remember where they bury the bodies...

Ain't that the thrill of it? Finding cadavers xD
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote
So new characters were introduced in ep 5.
General Sexy Sadist and Justice-chan.
I felt bad for Miss Justice since she doesn't seem bad, just a poor judgement of character (aka thinks Orge was a great guy), and the dialogue from the episode mentioned they did something to her to make her compatible with her pet, suggesting something worse.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Tatsumi & Leone make a good team.
Fighting for justice!
I wonder if she really has a thing for Tatsumi or is just messing with him..
Sheele & Mine vs Seryu & Coro!
Who knew that girl & little dog were so dangerous.
They're both monsters!
Our girls got themselves into serious trouble.
The fight was pretty intense.
Damn, I always thought Mine would be the one to die first.
Shame about Sheele. I was just starting to like her.
To top is all off Esdeath is back.
Next episode should be very interesting.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
Oh this is just the beginning. There's an emphasis on spoiler[Akame ga Kill as a reason as the title. Anyways, pretty tragic episode for Sheele and Night Raid.]

spoiler[Justice-chan might of being injured but the damage she did was unrepairable....]

On another note, nice to see spoiler[Esdese] back Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
traveling

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
What a great episode. spoiler[RIP Shelle.]
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't really expecting spoiler[Sheele to die so suddenly. Yea, she had a sappy backstory last episode but Mine did in the episode before that.] I have to say, the way that this episode was executed was just brilliant. Not only did it surprise me spoiler[with Sheele's rather gruesome death], but there was also a fantastic use of justice girl. This show just continues to do crazy things with warping morality. Justice girl seems to somehow be both good and evil at the same time, and spoiler[those weird modifications to her made her seem quite inhuman as well (they even went to the extent to show her with fangs at the end, which I'm sure was just a figurative use of imagery but it really had the right effect in showing how warped and twisted she is.)]

This show continues to be at the very top of my must watch list. I love everything about it, from the very intriguing narrative, the unusually deep social commentary, and the awesome style and action. It's a hell of a ride.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Wow, what an episode!

I'm glad they removed the comedy as I don't think it would have stood well with the emotional aspect they were trying to achieve. The fight scene was really good. I was thinking what an spoiler[evil bastard Seryu] was, but that would be looking at her from Night Raids perspective.

I'd like to thank spoiler[Sheele for saving Mein], but I do wonder if it would have been easier for her just to spoiler[kill Seryu when she had the chance, rather than run the distance to free Mein.] After all, they said the imperial Arms become useless once the owner is defeated.

Not really nitpicking, just bad decision making by her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 35