• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Knight Guilty.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcwave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:38 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to say, really... The situation that Yuuki is in is probably a very frustrating position. She obviously has feelings for Zero since she basically took care of him the last 5 years, yet also harbors a deep emotional attachment and debt to Kaname as a child.

The end of Guilty was a mixed bag. For one, I knew it wasn't going to end happily- therefore I wasn't as surprised about Yuuki departing with Kaname. But on the other hand, it leaves the series open to a possible third season or theatrical film. Perhaps then our questions will be answered.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
Well I liked the "ending" if it's indeed the ending and not just a season finale. spoiler[The current plotline was resolved and Yuki made her choice.] That's enough for me. More from the universe would be quite welcome though.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quote
I thought the ending was kinda crappy.

What happened to badass Yuuki kicking Rido's ass?
They just had to make her a dansel in distress and stand there being all emotional. That's the main thing that bugged me but everything else was alright.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
^ Kinda crappy? Kinda betraying people's characters? Out of our core three, only Zero's actions made any sense when compared with his previous actions and his true character. The other two, especially Kaname, had radical turnarounds in their normal behavior just to give the anime creators the ending they wanted. Evil or Very Mad

And surprise, surprise, I found out after watching that episode that those two's actions and development here were changed from the manga, but Zero's were not. Clearly the mangaka knows what she's doing with the story, but the anime creators, clamoring for another season or just throwing in the towel, clearly have no clue. Yuuki's questions about her identity and spirited nature? Shelved. Kaname's overprotective possessiveness of Yuuki and complete superiority complex/self-absorption? COMPLETELY changed for inexplicable reasons to make him more sympathetic here. The only slight rationale for it can be seen in how he treats Hanabusa and the others who were faithful to him and why that might have changed his character. But not that much, that fast.

That ending blows. I'm still making an AMV for the show for a con this year, though. -.-' I'll just ignore the last few episodes of the second season. They sucked. And blew. They are their own vaccuum. Razz
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Yay! another post from JesuOtaku! I've missed discussing VK with you. If you ever start reading the manga, let me know, so maybe we can discuss. Feel free to send me a private message.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote
^ Cool. My computer crashed a while back, and I still haven't gotten it back from the shop. When I do, I'll check out VK or something and IF it's not as womany and hard to get through as I remember, I'll probably buy it. I really enjoyed the anime, but the art style for the manga just...bothered...me. -.-'
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Well the art style is ok, not the greatest but far from the worst. Anyway, the story more than compensates for it. I'll admit it takes a little while to get going (about the time Maria/Shizuka shows up) but once it does, you'll find it's well worth it. When I first saw it in Shojo Beat, I almost passed over it. A story about vampires attending school? That seemed silly. But then Zero's secret was uncovered and I was hooked. Okay, so it wasn't that much of a secret but his character is what drew me in. And yeah, the manga is better overall especially in terms of characterization, but it was nice to see it in animation. Some of the anime scenes were better than the manga though, I just wish they hadn't blown the ending.

You say you're doing an amv for a con? What song are you using? Will you post it on youtube afterwards? Details. Very Happy

I like making amvs too but my mini mac keeps running out of disc space and buying an external drive doesn't seem to help. I think I'm going to have buy a standard size one, at least. But it'll be awhile before I can afford to buy one.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
^ Yeah, I'm doing a couple videos for MTAC this year. (Middle Tennessee Anime Con). I got Sony Vegas Pro 8 for Christmas, so I've been wanting to put it to good use.

My song choice is not at ALL original, though. Rihanna's Disturbia to Vampire Knight and Guilty, gee, never seen that one before...more than 20-billion times.

The difference is that the only AMVs I've seen with that combo are really bad, subtitled Movie Maker things with bad grammar in the unnecessary credits. I prefer to work hard on mine and I'm having a lot of fun using the color red to punctuate parts of the vid, along with some washout effects and good old black and white for more effect. It'll be a good video, promise. (I hope.) I'll be done with it as early as this weekend or as late as January 22nd-ish. Yay. Anime smile
rinmackie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Cool, can't wait to see it! Yeah, Disturbia's been done a zillion times but it's not always done well. I love the song myself. I hate those amvs with the subs left in and look like they've been thrown together.
There doesn't seem to be that many good VK amvs, especially ones with VKG included. As soon as I'm able, I plan to make a whole lot of VK amvs. Problem is I currently have only one copy of season one. Imports are so expensive; I hope Viz licenses the series soon so I can get a decent legal copy.
nhoc_sophia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote
i will copy and paste what i thought about the char in the other forum...here .. SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ..DO NOT READDDDD IFFFFFF U DONT LIKE SPOILEr

spoiler[sorry i dont mean to flame anyone but I dont think Kaname is mellow . He just doesn't allow himself to display affections for Yuuki..It's not that he doesn't want to..He can't allow himself to risk her present happiness... He choose her over himself...In the whole manga, the person who suffers the most is Kaname...He's always suffering and endure everything alone. He doesn't have anyone or anything to support him emotionally...Yuuki is rightly belong to him ..yet all he could do was to protect her and give her the happiness that she needs...even if it's mean to hand her over to Zero...Zero is selfish person lolz..He always feeling sorry for himself...It's always him ..always about him and his vampire-disease...Well i dont say he deserve to be a vampire against his will but what goes around comes around...The vampire hunter family ( his) killed off a pure blood's husband...even though he doesn't fit into the catagory of being a dangerous being. Losing the only one that she loves, she went to seek revenge..It's only fair...
Kaname ... hmph... i can't say that he's using all people... He's more of the type that doesn't show his affections..I come to hate Yuuki at some points in the story because she's so oblivious to Kaname's sadness but then and again...Kaname doesn't cry to Yuuki when he's sad...He keeps Zero alive because, " i know you wont betray her.." lolz ..coulda kill the guy to get rid of the opponent again...he choose Yuuki over anything else...including his existance in her heart lolz

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

Angel I agree on the part that when expose to a new enviroment, spend time with another guy and you grow toward that person. However, i dont know why but i get the feelings that what Yuuki has for Zero almost like a sister to a brother. She protects him with all she has because she found out that his family was murdered. She grows up with the thought that she is all he has left. So somewhat along those lines, is it really love or pity? There is only a thin line between the 2 boundaries. It's really complicated. And Yuuki loves and adore Kaname til the point that she sees him drink blood from one of his friends. From that point on, she distances herself from him and stop calling him Kaname-sama and call him senpai instead. Well, there is no forcing love on anyone... I can't say tell which one Yuuki loves the most since she's so indecisive...But I know Kaname loves Yuuki more than Zero ever does...
About why they only target Yuuki was because...Yuuki's real brother's soul has been taken by Rido...Kaname is not Yuuki's real brother but was raised like that. Kaname is Kuran ancestor and was awaken by Rido, thus he can't kill Rido by himself. That's why Yuuki was the only left for Rido to kill because technically Kaname has die once. Anyways, in the anime, Kaname set Yuuki free. He lets her choose Zero and was prepared to leave when she came back to him. So it was my favorite ending lolz >:3 theheheheh~~~~....He loves her so much that it's frightenning lolz... And after all the things that he did, he did it for Yuuki...The reason why Kaname drank blood from one of his subordinate was because his thirst for Yuuki and her sense drives him to the edge. That was the one and only time he ever drank blood from the girl. After that he kept himself in check so that he wont hurt her. Lolz then Zero went a drank blood from her anyways...So it kinda defeated the purpose..If Kaname just press it like Zero does..I think Yuuki would of fall for him long time ago. I mean if he would just advance himself and stop thinking about the consequense that Yuuki has to face afterward..then he definitly has her in his palm. Instead, he lets her do whatever she wants to do. He's doing all the backstage works to ensure the play goes on smoothly. When the curtain falls, big applause for the actors and actress..and nothing for the sweating backstage helper lolz >:3
It's the exact reason why people like Zero a little better..because they think Kaname is full of himself and using others for his purpose.. Actually..no one understands..no one is able to look pass the surface of things... He doesn't show any emotions because he doesn't allow himself to do so. He knows why he exists and what he must accomplish in order to protect the one he loves...I think ever since witnessing his father die, he waits for the day when Rido can be killed and free Yuuki from her from Rido...Just then that she will have true freedom...He had not live for himself even for 1 second... He devotes his entirely existance to give Yuuki freedom..yet so many people keeps on telling me he's too mellow...Without him...>:3 there is nothing in Vampire Knight...Dont forget when you give an applause for your favorite actors and actress, give some thoughts to the backstage helpers..-_-'']

Last edited by nhoc_sophia on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote
Use the spoiler tags that what they're there for. It's the button that says "spoiler" above the reply box.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9