• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myoubi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Hi there I`m new aroun here to and well I`m exploring jajaja

Name: Edin Natalia Andino Moreno

Blood Type: AB+

Sex: Female

Nationality/Ethniticty: Hondureña, raised in San Pedro Sula.
I speak Spanis and English as well, well not so good but I defense yself jajaja

Marital Status: Single, never had a date, nah sooner or later someone will come up jaja not in the hurry

Profession: Doc import / Customer service department, working for a navy company called Mediterranean Shipping Company or MSC Company

Religion: Christian – Catholic

Drink/Smoke: Don`t smoke and rarely drink, but like wines.

Likes: Music like classical and calm but also like metal Anime hyper, not all the metal genre mostly trash, goth, some of black, love metal and a little of alternative but good one.
Love martial arts in general, like bruce le movies jajaja.
I like the technology, pc, cell phone, video games, including the ones applied to medical, construction, space, well I like all the improvements related to technology.
Also love to read science fiction novels and the fantasy ones too.
Ah well maybe I `ll tel more later.

Dislikes: In short words, don’t like work. People only yell at you and for nothing but what can I do that’s work :S

Favorite anime: Saint Seiya, Dragon Ball, Wolf`s Rains, Hellsing, Suzumia Haruhi, Elfen Lied, Mazinger Z, Gatachaman, Gundam Wing, BT`X, Gun Battle Angel Alita, Samurai Shamploo, Ruroini Kenshin, Fate Stay Night, Afro Samurai.
That’s some of the ones I like jajaja

Favorite manga: I rarely read manga, here in Honduras uumm we don’t have a manga store so the few ones that I read, I read them on a manga web page.

Favorite game: Sorry most of the time I’m working and my brother is the only one how has time for play a video game Anime hyper.

Favorite book/authors: Jonathan Stroud and Gabriel Garcia Marquez..
Favorite food: I don´t have a speciall one actually, I simply like food but I like nachos with a lot of chess on it.

Favorite drink: Natural juices, water, ice tea, coca-cola, pepsi, hot tea.

Family: Mother, Father, 1 Brother (male) and my Cousin (female).

Favorite sport: Soccer, I used to play on hi school and martial arts, used to practice a long tome ago.

Favorite Music: Classical, old love music in Spanish.
My other side Sais, metal specially trash, goth, a little of black, alternative but the good one, symphonic.
From Rock, good alternative, rock –pop and goth rock.

Favorite Quote:
This is a quote from Alberto Cortes a Spanish singer:
A partir de mañana empezare a vivir la mitad de mi vida.
A partir de mañana empezare a morir la mitad de mi muerte.
Hasta el día de hoy solo fui lo que soy aprendiz de quijote.
It’s from a song called “A Partir de Mañana”

Fun (and true) facts:
-Went to Israel once.
-Have sun allergy, can’t go to the beach.
-I don’t know what else to put here jajajaja, I’ll think of something later jajaja.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Favorite Quote:

No translation service? My god, that was a rip-off!
I suppose it's something like this:
"Starting tomorrow morning, I begin to live half of my life.
Starting tomorrow morning, I begin to die half of my death.
Up until today, I was only what I learnt from/of quijote."

Is this the "quijote" you're talking about? But thinking twice, that translation might be incorrect as my Spanish sucked!

But don't worry, you're not old. Just look at me, soon 21 and already have a white beard.

Welcome to the forums! As you may have noticed, my previous post, before your intro, was deleted.

jajaja

Last edited by egoist on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hi there I`m new aroun here to and well I`m exploring jajaja

Please stop that Sad I a kitten dies everytime you do and you killed 6 in that post alone. THINK OF THE KITTENS!

Quote:
-I don’t know what else to put here

A picture because that was the original point of the thread.

I go through all that trouble to make the prototype perfect introduction and nobody follows it except egoist (and he made it creepy).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote
As creepy as my introduction may have been, it contained real facts. Oh, I get it, you're calling me a creepy pervert, aren't you? Well that's old news.

Since my phrase-gift was deleted, I'll redirect it to Myoubi; "Last night I dreamt of Vodka. This afternoon I woke up drunk."
There ya go.
Ta-kun The Black Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Quote:
Favorite Quote:

No translation service? My god, that was a rip-off!
I suppose it's something like this:

Allow me to help you.

Starting tomorrow, I'll live half of my life.
Starting tomorrow, I'll die half of my death.
Up until today I was just what I am, a Quixote's apprentice.

Hope that helped.
VatesLupus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quote
Name: Daniel

Nationality/Ethniticty: Italian, Irish, Prussian

Marital Status: Single, for the moment.

Profession: Student and soon-to-be Gamestop Employee.

Religion: Catholic

Drink/Smoke/Drugs: Never touched the stuff and never will.

-Anime and games.
-Music
-Exercise
-Anyone involved in pretty much anything creative.

Dislikes:
-Stupid people.

Favorite anime: Too many to remember. Spice and Wolf, Rurouni Kenshin, Outlaw Star, Planetes, Last Exile, Bleach, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Wagaya no Oinari-Sama, Wolf’s Rain, Witch Hunter Robin…probably many more, but I’m writing this at 5 AM in the morning

Favorite manga: I’ve only read Bleach, Spice and Wolf, and Vampire Knight. I liked them all, except for when Vampire Knight got all creepy incest on me, so I decided to stop reading it.
Favorite game: I have many favorite games. Topping the list would be: Starcraft, Modern Warfare 2, Jedi Outcast/Academy/Knights of the Old Republic

Favorite book/authors: Terry Pratchett & LE Modesitt, Jr.

Favorite food: Don’t really have one, but if I did, it would have to be clam chowder.

Favorite drink: Water

Family: A mother, a father, two little sisters, and my “companion cat”.

Favorite sport: Shooting guns. I’d love to do Kendo. For some reason or another, sports which revolve around manipulating a ball to get into some sort of hoop/past some line/into someplace bore me.

Favorite Music: Don’t really have any favorites per say. I diversify. Send me a song, and I’ll see if I like it.

Favorite Quote:
“I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people,but some of them are on opposite sides"

-My political rolemodel, Havelock Vetinari

Fun (and true) facts:
-I know Latin.
-I write stories in my spare time(not fanfiction, I mean, original stories). You can read them, if you want, upon request. I’m always looking for feedback.
albert35077

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm relatively new around here myself, but allow me to welcome you anyway. so...uh..... Welcome!
iketheclerk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 am Reply with quote
Name: Ike

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Not married but in a relationship

Religion: Agnostic

Drink/Smoke: I drink all the time, I'm Irish and South African. It comes with the territory. I quit smoking about two years ago, although if I'm at a bar I'll imbibe in a clove on occassion.

Likes: Videogames, hanging out with my mates, I actually like my job and going to it, BBQ's, Manga, Anime, spontaneous adventures of shopping and what not, cooking, and watching UFC fights with my brother.

Dislikes: Flakey people, posers, retro hipsters, white kids from the burb's who think they're gangsters, Politically Correct anything.

Favorite anime: Jin-Roh, GiTS, Appleseed, Tytania, Votoms, Robotech, Macross, Azumanga Daioh, Manabi Straight!, BECK, Freedom, FLAG, Genshiken 1&2

Favorite game: MW 1&2, Borderlands, Dragonage, Nier, Dragon Age, KOTOR 1&2, Dirt 1&2, GRiD, Valkeryia Chronicles, Fallout 1,2 & 3

Favorite Food: Krummel Pap. For those not in the know, it's a bread pudding. Served with a slice of tomato. *drool* Ahem. Also boerewors " pepper spiced sausage ", and " sosaties " skewered meat, usually chicken or pork.

Favorite drink: Vodka Dragon
1 part Stolichnaya® vodka
1 part Dwerok Polish vodka
1 part Finlandia® vodka

The Vodka dragon is a treat for every vodka connoisseur, and can be made with any three kinds of vodka. But only those of decent quality are recommended. The recipie above is a very well balanced mix.

The Vodka Dragon is prepared by adding the three vodkas one after the other into the glass, and drinking the mixture without stirring or shaking.

Each vodka should be cold before pouring, and absolutely no ice should ever be added. Drinkig any vodka on the rocks is abyssmal and ruins the spirit.

The three vodkas used should consist of one with a strong burn to give the dragon its breath, which goes on the bottom (Finlandia). One that is heavy on the flavour and a little on the bitter side for the dragons tough hide, to go in the middle (Dwerok). And one that is sweet and smooth with subtle rich flavours to go on the top, for the dragons magic (Stolichnaya).

Fun facts about Ike:
You know, I'm a geek. Not a smart one really persay, but I've got a boisterous laugh, snaggletooth syndrome on the teeth, and I'm packing a keg instead of a six pack. I'm also fond of furthering my love-hate relationship with the Doug Fir when seeing shows, and making run on sentences like this.

Pictures of the man:

Camera phone fun!

After a long day, I really dont wanna read email...

Me and some of the mates playing the horrible Battle Fantasia game.
VatesLupus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:53 am Reply with quote
albert35077 wrote:
I'm relatively new around here myself, but allow me to welcome you anyway. so...uh..... Welcome!

Thanks!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Well as we have some more new members a nice big ANN welcome to iketheclerk, Myoubi, and VatesLupus. And I see we have yet another new Irish member heh. I told ya we're taking over this place slowly but surely. As a vodka fan myself thanks for the recipe iketheclerk. As a fellow vodka fan I would recommend if you ever have some extra spending cash to try out (if you have not already) Russian Standard. It is expensive but man is it smooth like liquid ice. You won't even want to muddy this with anything of a lesser value. Kudos also on the Jin-Roh love. Nice having another older fan here. For joining up and posting here you guys are the lucky winners of your own mystery grab bag of goodies. *hands them each a brown paper bag* In your economic friendly bags you will find such luxurious items as a handful of used tape from a hockey stick, 5 pieces of uncooked elbow macaroni, an empty bottle of Elmer's glue, and one stake from a pop up tent. Enjoy your fine gifts my friend and remember; Borrow money from pessimists, they don't expect it back.
iketheclerk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:42 am Reply with quote
sweet a goodie bag! woohoo!

Quote:
As a fellow vodka fan I would recommend if you ever have some extra spending cash to try out (if you have not already) Russian Standard.

Oh man I've had that stuff to, its' great but your right it is expensive, but totally worth it. Have you tried Blavod at all? Purple vodka is always interesting.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quote
iketheclerk wrote:
sweet a goodie bag! woohoo!

Quote:
As a fellow vodka fan I would recommend if you ever have some extra spending cash to try out (if you have not already) Russian Standard.

Oh man I've had that stuff to, its' great but your right it is expensive, but totally worth it. Have you tried Blavod at all? Purple vodka is always interesting.

Purple vodka...can't say that I have but now I want to. I mean that's an immediate attention getter there. Go to a party and your mates ask what did you bring? You say vodka and they kinda shrug. Then you say it's purple vodka and that guy who brought the Heineken won't get any attention then heh.
iketheclerk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's pretty much epic. Comes in it's own bottle sleeve for the cooler and all. Doesnt taste to heavy either.
Kevin R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Name: Kevin

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Red

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity:Mexican American

Religion: None

Drink/Smoke: Don't drink much but Budweiser when I do, and I smoke menthol

Dislikes: You

Favorite anime: Samurai Champloo, K-on, Basquash, random assortment of other anime

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Naruto, Bleach, Soul Eater

Favorite Books: Legend of Drizzt, Epic, Saga, Bartimaeus trilogy, Inheritance cycle,

Favorite game: Street Fighter 2, Grand Theft auto Vice City, Diddy Kong Racing

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Archer, The inbetweeners, caprica, chuck, king of the hill, the simpsons, futurama

Favorite Drink: Coke and jagermeister

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coke Cola

Favorite Foods: Menudo

Favorite Sites: animeseason, onemanga, bored friends

Favorite Sport (to watch):Football, basketball, soccer, baseball

Favorite Sport (to play):football, basketball, soccer

Favorite Music: Classic rock

Job: Service clerk

Hobbies: Reading, DnD

Fun facts:
Am a level 9 Barbarian

Favorite Quotes: "Noet z'hin lil'avinsin" Drow for "Boldly stride the doomed" from The Pirate King

Pictures:Playing DnD
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Kevin R wrote:
Blood Type: Red
My god! You're a tomato.
Quote:
Dislikes: You
Well, we agree on something.
Quote:
Fun facts: Am a level 9 Barbarian
I doubt you can beat my level 65 Conqueror with that.

I'm quite new here myself, too, but I kindly welcome you with open chicken wings arms.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 100 of 233