• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
hunter x hunter

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I meant to say Hunter X hunter is superior to Naruto. Also if you didn't know both Gon Freaks and Naruto Uzumaki have the same voice actor. I think she does a better job as Gon though. To rate my shounen animes to give you an idea on how it fares:
1. Hunter X Hunter, then Bleach, then Gilgamesh, then Naruto, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Dranxis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to agree with darkhunter in that Hunter x Hunter has a very cliched premise, with the whole "shonen protagonist searches for lost father" thing. When I first started watching it I wasn't too impressed. But the story that unravels is fairly complex, and I really loved the way each arc is completely different from the last. The Ryodan arc in particular was flat out amazing, one of my favorite anime arcs ever. Come to think of it, I felt the same way about Bleach: the premise was cliched, but the execution and story were very original.

And though I've been a fan of Naruto for much longer, having seen both I can safely say that the Hunter x Hunter anime at least is far superior. There are some story similarities between them, such as the whole Exam thing and the fact that both involved an arc dedicated to spoiler[the search for a close friend who had gone to the antagonists: Sasuke and Killua, respectively]. But as was said, both of them develop quite differently.
Maikel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am Reply with quote
is there anyone that knows anything about a Continuance on the series like an new OAV?
Bleach12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:22 pm Reply with quote
[Oh come on, surely you can do your own research. We've got the Encyclopedia less than three inches to the left of the forum, and I know you've at least heard of Google. -Nagi]
13angels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen the first few episodes of this, but the live action musical looks pretty funny, has anyone seen it all?
kha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
lol i like bisuke but i think when gon and killua are bathing together is kinga weird....
element72

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quote
kha wrote:
lol i like bisuke but i think when gon and killua are bathing together is kinga weird....

LOL I just accepted that because in Japan its normal for people to bathe together..

Anyways I just logged on here to see if I could find why such a great anime got discontinued. After watching naruto and then watching hunter x hunter I knew right away Gon had Naruto's voice Very Happy . I tried looking for more information on the anime on other forums like this, but only rumors and speculators. One I read a long time ago was that, after Hunter x Hunter made it to Germany, the results for its hits wasn't what they had expected so it ended there. I also found out that the wife of the author of Hunter x Hunter was the author of Sailor moon lol..... runs in the family eh? So sailor moon actually did really good in the US. I wonder how Hunter x Hunter would've done... who knows. I really wished the anime continued, and I'm even making my first amv on this anime now and hoping that it turns out really good for the memory of this masterpiece.. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2