• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death Note Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote
i'll try to find it but it was posted in the forum along time ago there would be american screenings and possibly an american remake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vikio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Yes please, I want an American screening! At times like this it's SO good to live near Manhattan, cause that's where all the limited-release movies always show.
In this trailer I love Light screaming "I'm not Kira you have to believe me!!!" (translation probably not exact since I don't actually *know* Japanese, just watch waay too much of it) I liked that arc, it was so twisted and perfectly planned...And Misa being tortured was very therapuetic for me cause she is kinda annoying. Well, in the manga she was, maybe they made her character less ditzy in the movie but I doubt it.

Oh yeah, and I'm guessing they called this movie "The Last Name" because it will be all about Light trying to find out L's last name.
cerulean88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:12 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
This looks like this is the real deal, althoughspoiler[if L gets killed off who will face Light?]

if you've read the manga,spoiler[there's a 2nd generation of L's, Near and Mello, they both competed with each other, like who will get to catch Kira first. But then i don't think think they're going to put those 2 characters into the 2nd movie, besides that, i think they're gonna have L and Light dead almost at the same time, in the 2nd movie when it wasn't like that in the manga.]

I didn't hear/read anything about them planning to make a 3rd or 4th movie btw. I think they're going to finish everything off with the 2nd movie.

ugggh, no offence but i have no idea why they would want to put that song by Red Hot Chilli Peppers despite there being ties with Warner Bros. But i think that song so does not fit the movie. I was kinda disappointed that they used Suga Shikao's song "manatsu no yoru no yume" only for like 15 seconds in the movie as an insert song.
cerulean88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:50 am Reply with quote
Vikio wrote:
In this trailer I love Light screaming "I'm not Kira you have to believe me!!!" (translation probably not exact since I don't actually *know* Japanese, just watch waay too much of it) I liked that arc, it was so twisted and perfectly planned...And Misa being tortured was very therapuetic for me cause she is kinda annoying. Well, in the manga she was, maybe they made her character less ditzy in the movie but I doubt it.

Oh yeah, and I'm guessing they called this movie "The Last Name" because it will be all about Light trying to find out L's last name.

in the trailer, Light did say "i'm not Kira, please believe me" so yeah, it's basically the equivalent to what you said. Yeah i agree, Misa was annoying =p

i think they called the movie "The Last Name" cause spoiler[ i think its like cause Light will be writing L's name and then Light in turn will die himself from Ryuku writing his name on the death note, so its like as both of these 2 really smart, prodigy guys dead from their names getting written in the death note, it kind of symbolises that these 2 names will be the last names (i know that it's the Last Name and not the Last Names) and so i think that Ryuku will most probably not "accidentally drop" his death note again as he's got enough fun as it is and he was in the end disappointed at how pathetic Light's become so thus the title The Last Name]

i really hope what i'm trying to say and explain makes sense =/
SnowStar_7*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Vikio wrote:

Yet, isn't it werid that it is called Last Name since what's mentioned was their first names? It says that's their last names in the trailer yet it's really their first names. I mean if they are going to put it in English should they not put it in that order as well?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2