• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Madoka Designer Draws Artwork Inspired by Yuna Kim

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
oatari777 wrote:
To mdo7

Sorry I know little about talents of S.K.There might be more foreign talents in S.K than in Japan, but it is also true that we've heard many cases about foreigners in S.K who received discriminatory treatment. especially against black people and Asians. Besides the Little PSY case, not a few Vietnamese wives suffer violence from their Korean husbands. Some of them were killed by their partners as a result, or committed suicide because of abuse at home. At least in Japan things like this has never happened.
While, Japanese three politicians, members of LDP ,who only intend to observe Takeshima(Docto), were refused entry to S.K without valid reasons in 2011. Ozonfa(呉善花), who is a critical writer and a professor at Takushoku University, naturalized in Japan from S.Korea, was refused entry to S.Korea for no reason in 2013. She was just trying to attend her relative’s wedding ceremony there. Yet, S.Korean theft ring stole a Buddha statue from a Japanese temple in Nagasaki in 2013, and Seoul court convicted them of a crime, but issued an injunction to return the statue to the Japanese owner by an unreasonable reason, that is, the statue was stolen from Korean temple 600years ago, so need not to restore it, though no evidence. All of them above are infringement of Japanese sovereignty, violation of international rules and some kind of discrimination against Japan and the Japanese. Few Japanese people support Zaitokukai in Japan because of their way of roughness. However, the fact remains that the people angry at S.Koreans and their government over such a rude manner in the bilateral relationship.

As for economic issues, in Japan many analysts say "Don't make the same mistake S.K did "
In the most of the countries who promote economic globalization rapidly, income gap between rich and poor is wider enormously. Also in your country while Samson reaps huge profits, the people get more and more poor in large debts. Whether a country is prosperous or not depends on how large share the comparatively wealthy people of middle class account for in a comparison of population. A county with large economic gap is considered to reduce gradually its GDP.
Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel laureate in economics, a professor at the University of Columbia, criticized strictly the ways of global companies which cause deep income gap, at Davos Forum in 2014.
Emmanuel.Todd, a famous French anthropologist, gives warning that the globalization will destroy the foundations of sound democracy. Pope Francis also criticized global capitalism and called for the world community to move into action to fight against it in his Mission Mnifesto. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303281504579221933931268354
I think the tide of globalization now reach a turning point.

What about the comfort women? What about Japan doing historical revision on their textbook? Did you know that the current administration is looking into the legitimacy of the Kono Statement and consider revising it.

May I ask have you been to South Korea? Have you been to other part of the world? If you have not, then you're just ignorant. Actually Japan is the one making the mistake, globalization can benefit Japan as in their GDP will go up if they globalize, if you look at my post, the chart show it all, Japan's GDP hasn't went up while other Asian countries like Korea, Taiwan, and other has done it.

Also Japan has problem with income gap too, I believe Japanese women suffer the most when it comes to income gap. Korea doesn't have a lot of xenophobia, racism problem unlike Japan, I mean I know in South Korea I won't see something like this:

I never heard of a "Koreans only" sign or "Koreans only, no foreigners allowed" signs recently.

As a matter of fact, I recall South Korea formed a special police to help tourist and foreigner. I'm not sure if Japan has something like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Sooo many reports about off-topic Korea-talk for a thread that was just so supposed to about drawing -_-...

There's no way I can clean/edit all that up.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2