• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fate/stay night Anime is 'Unlimited Bladeworks,'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levonr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
ta-da so go give unlimited bladeworks a tv series version for fate series?

well then give there was movie version now tv version just to ask IF dub any guess saber will get 5th different dub voice?

give nearly all fate series (expect magical illya got texas dub) always keep re-cast saber's english a lot.

yet since focus on bladeworks route anyone going be back for same roles?

I'm sure it would get the same cast as Fate/Zero so Kari Wahlgren as Saber again. But a dub is so long away that its really not worth thinking about right now.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
The movie wasn't fine if you weren't already familiar with the actual order of scenes and their meaning. Otherwise it's a jumbled mess of disconnected happenings, a compilation movie for a TV series that didn't exist.

Have to disagree here. I never played the game and still found the movie perfectly fine to follow and understand; heck, I didn't think one even needed to have seen the TV series in order to be able to follow it.

Anyway, would would have preferred to see HF be the TV series, as I have heard people talk about that so much over the last few years, but I'm still up for anything. The TV series will definitely be one of my top-priority titles for the fall season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wrathful

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
Really there is no studio deserving more than Ufotable to work on Fate series. They might have some little mistakes along the way but I feel this is my favourite anime production overall with the consistent quality. I'm also mostly clueless when it comes to Fate Franchise as I only watched Fate/Zero and played very little of the game but even I'm impressed at the preview.

P.S. And I wouldn't probably want Aniplex to touch this with the grubby hands, it's inevitable perhaps, they would be the most likely candidate that license this.

Ah, never you mind, Aniplex already got hold of this. Dammit.
Saeglopur25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
Why does the article keep using "Unlimited Bladeworks"? The title is "Unlimited Blade Works", three English words. It's everywhere on the official site and at the end of the PV in huge letters.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Seconding Saeglopur's comment (although at least it's better than CR's "Unlimited Blade")

Also, I can't even get the vk.com trailer to load. Crunchyroll posted the Youtube link.
terminus24

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Glad Unlimited Blade Works is getting a proper adaptation, the movie tried too hard to fit everything into just over an hour and a half and suffered from it, IMO. Really excited to see how this turns out.
Aleister22

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Yes! More Rin and Saber is always welcome!
ss4chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
The UBW movie was fine.. The Fate anime was not.. according to others. >.<and>.<
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
This is the TV version I was hoping for. As someone who's never played the games I was okay with the original TV run but after seeing Zero I knew it could've been so much more.

If there's indeed a movie also in the works for Heaven's Feel I will definitely check that out too.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I liked the original TV series, but mostly because it was just so much better than Tsukihime.

But I'm mostly upset that it won't be an original route. Was really looking forward to something in the same style as Zero and not just another rehash of the game. Maybe even include all the aspects of each route, but still hold an original ending.

But I guess I'll stay optimistic. Still, spoiler[poor Ilya].
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that they're not adapting the Fate route at all. I guess they thought the original adaptation was good enough? Still, it seems strange that Ufotable's adaptation is going to be omitting Saber's route considering how integral it is to Fate/stay night as a whole. I mean, all the routes are important, and it's not really Fate/stay night with a route missing (or experienced in the wrong order). I guess we're never going to see the epilogue to Saber's route animated now, huh?

By the way, how is the watch order going to work now?
Fate/Zero --> Fate/stay night (2006) --> Ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works --> Heaven's Feel ...?

I don't know, but hopefully Ufotable knows something I don't.
ss4chris

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
I liked the original TV series, but mostly because it was just so much better than Tsukihime.

But I'm mostly upset that it won't be an original route. Was really looking forward to something in the same style as Zero and not just another rehash of the game. Maybe even include all the aspects of each route, but still hold an original ending.

But I guess I'll stay optimistic. Still, spoiler[poor Ilya].

Just watch Fate Prisma everytime you feel bad forspoiler[ Illya][/spoiler]
Beized

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Uh, 2 cours? That seems like more time they they should spend on Unlimited Blade Works. Color me a little worried, because I'm not sure how their going to fill that much time without getting more wordy than animation should. I feel like it would work better if they spent one cour on Unlimited Blade Works and one on Heaven's Feel. Still, I can't wait to see how this turns out, and I especially want that movie.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Thank God. The last thing I wanted was some new storyline that was meant to directly follow the F/Z anime. Cry more, F/Z only fanbase. This will be beautiful.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
YumeHunter wrote:
As a person who hasn't watched the first Fate/Stay Night anime nor the Unlimited Bladeworks movie(basically the only Fate I've seen is Fate/Zero), should I watch the Deens Fate/Stay Night before this?

God no. Don't ever watch DEEN's version. You should be fine to go in cold but if you really want background knowledge just play the VN.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6