• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japan Adds to 'Marshmallow Idols' Scene with Pottya

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Receipt at Japanese clothing store:

They don't mince words! Laughing

Hoppy800 wrote:
Fedora-san wrote:

The Chubbiness girls aren't chubby at all, at least by American standards. I'm not sure what the BMI standard is like in Japan, though.

However, they are by idol standards. Most idol Otaku want rail thin idols although you have some who want healthy idols like most of the ones in Chubbiness.

Man’s image of the ideal female body is shockingly skinny even by Japanese standards

lanierd2 wrote:

I registered with the site to simply say that i love me some thick women! Nice to see a group like this in Japan. Would never happen in America. They would get ridiculed till they quit.

There are no more girl-groups in America, but that hasn't stopped women like Adele and Meghan Trainor ("All 'bout the bass, no treble").

partially wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

The other group was the 'little bit of meat on the bones' sort of chubbiness. This is more along the lines of the 'dangerous and possibly life shortening' group.

I wouldn't really call this life threatening. They are overweight, but not hugely so. I have seen far 'weightier' people life long and happy lives.

Washington University School of Medicine study: Not All Obese People Prone to Poor Health
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:21 pm Reply with quote
That's nearly unrealistically thin for that height, if they want thin but realistic, they should aim for lady with a height under 150 cm (4'9") and they'll be more adorable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2