• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Characters to Appear in Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:17 am Reply with quote
Yu-Gi-Oh continuity has always been connected, but loose without over stepping. There were a lot of references to GX in the final arc of ZEXAL when it came to the Numeron Code, and GX already established various dimensions but we only saw a few of them. It leads to a lot of fan theories trying to connect everything together. People wondered how Academia could invade Heartland when you had tons of strong duelists in Zexal, with Yuma arguably being the strongest duelist in the franchise given his Zexal/Shining Draw powers. But then you remember Zexal ended with all the duelists leaving Earth to head towards the Astral World, so Earth was left pretty defenseless.

MajinAkuma wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the Ritual Dimension (if we ever get that) will be based of Duel Monsters, since it has the highest number of Ritual players (Atem, Kaiba, Jonouchi, Pegasus, Keith, Masks of Light and Darkness, Noah, Big Five, Dartz).

I doubt there's a Ritual dimension. Ritual monsters don't use the Extra deck which seems to be the theme of everything outside of Standardl. I think Rituals are more grouped with things like Reverse and Union monsters. Also there's already 5 types of summoning accounted for already (Standard, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum) so a sixth would be odd given the title of the show.

-Stuart Smith
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:33 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:

MajinAkuma wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the Ritual Dimension (if we ever get that) will be based of Duel Monsters, since it has the highest number of Ritual players (Atem, Kaiba, Jonouchi, Pegasus, Keith, Masks of Light and Darkness, Noah, Big Five, Dartz).

I doubt there's a Ritual dimension. Ritual monsters don't use the Extra deck which seems to be the theme of everything outside of Standardl. I think Rituals are more grouped with things like Reverse and Union monsters. Also there's already 5 types of summoning accounted for already (Standard, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum) so a sixth would be odd given the title of the show.

-Stuart Smith

There is no confirmed Pendulum dimension, since Pendulum Summon was created in Standard. Also, Standard itself is not a summoning type; it's all types combined. Regardless that Ritual Summoning does not require the Extra Deck, it is not an ordinary summoning type. Union or Spirit monsters are just another type of Effect Monsters. A Ritual Dimension is probably never mentioned because it is ignored and looked down, since it is pretty much overshadowed by the other types. Also, it's weird to have only four different dimensions when the main number of the series is 5. Pendulum Summon can not only Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, but also from the hand, too, and Pendulum Monsters are in the Main Deck first (not counting Xyz Pendulums).
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
Looking at their designs I guess that this is Jack and Crow before the 8 year timeskip at the end of the show
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:46 am Reply with quote
I loved 5D's and wish that they would make some more of the anime.
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quote
Man, you decide to skip out on one season of YuGiOh and things suddenly become much more interesting and yet more complicated than simply "teenagers playing card games to save the world."
elior1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Stuart Smith wrote:

MajinAkuma wrote:

-Stuart Smith

There is no confirmed Pendulum dimension, since Pendulum Summon was created in Standard. Also, Standard itself is not a summoning type; it's all types combined. Regardless that Ritual Summoning does not require the Extra Deck, it is not an ordinary summoning type. Union or Spirit monsters are just another type of Effect Monsters. A Ritual Dimension is probably never mentioned because it is ignored and looked down, since it is pretty much overshadowed by the other types. Also, it's weird to have only four different dimensions when the main number of the series is 5. Pendulum Summon can not only Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, but also from the hand, too, and Pendulum Monsters are in the Main Deck first (not counting Xyz Pendulums).
but even if she not part of the plot meiru is from standart and she used ritual summon
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
well... shit
time to go watch yugioh again. i dumped it after they went back to using loud obnoxious kids to play their .... childrens ...cards games...
as i was saying i left after 5ds ended so seeing 5ds cameos is definitely exciting
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
I haven't watched Yu-Gi-Oh in years but this is cool. 5ds was the last season I watched (and even then I didn't finish the Dark Signer arc). Didn't know these two series took place in the same universe.

The movie Bond Beyond Time confirmed that Duel Monsters, GX and 5D's take place in the same timeline.

Not saying that BBT didn't confirm anything, but from the start it was confirmed from the summary of 5D's when it was coming out to the first 3 minutes of the 1st episode all the way to the Dark Signers arc that 5D's was in the same timeline as DM and GX, which is known as the Domino City timeline.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:07 pm Reply with quote
elior1 wrote:
MajinAkuma wrote:
Stuart Smith wrote:

MajinAkuma wrote:

-Stuart Smith

but even if she not part of the plot meiru is from standart and she used ritual summon

It's Mieru, not Meiru. The reason why Mieru can use Ritual Summoning is because Standard has all of them. LDS is the perfect example of it which teaches four Special Summoning courses in four courses, Xyz Course, Synchro Course, Fusion Course, and... Composite Course.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Time to watch 5D's.

P.S. Anyone know if there are any filler-ey episodes or mini-arcs that have no plot relevance? I'd like to skip those kinds of things if possible.

5D's has three arcs. The first two arcs have no filler whatsoever.

The third arc (by far the longest) does have filler. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact episodes, but you'd probably know by the summary for each episode.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
The dimensions of Arc-V(Arc-5) as we currently know are Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Standard.
There is no Pendulum dimension, or rather... the Pendulum dimension is Standard. Pendulum can be used to facilitate all sorts of Summons.
A Ritual dimension is highly plausible.

"Oh but, Reiji hasn't used a Ritual DDD, and LDS has no Ritual course.." It's quite possible that Reiji just doesn't know the Ritual dimension exists (provided it exists in the first place).
Reiji's current Different Dimension Demon Overlords are a FIRE Fusion, WIND Synchro, and WATER Xyz. His Pendulums (Standard) are DARK.
I find it highly assumable that Reiji will eventually have an EARTH Ritual DDD and a Covenant Continuous Spell Card that allows for Ritual Summoning, probably after/if the Ritual dimension is revealed.
malvarez1 wrote:
flackenstien wrote:
Time to watch 5D's.

P.S. Anyone know if there are any filler-ey episodes or mini-arcs that have no plot relevance? I'd like to skip those kinds of things if possible.

5D's has three arcs. The first two arcs have no filler whatsoever.

The third arc (by far the longest) does have filler. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact episodes, but you'd probably know by the summary for each episode.

Thanks!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice to Red Dragon Archfiend again.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
It would be nice to Red Dragon Archfiend again.

It would be nice hear "ABUSORYUTO PAWAA FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSU!!!" again.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
The dimensions of Arc-V(Arc-5) as we currently know are Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Standard.
There is no Pendulum dimension, or rather... the Pendulum dimension is Standard. Pendulum can be used to facilitate all sorts of Summons.

"Oh but, Reiji hasn't used a Ritual DDD, and LDS has no Ritual course.." It's quite possible that Reiji just doesn't know the Ritual dimension exists (provided it exists in the first place).
Reiji's current Different Dimension Demon Overlords are a FIRE Fusion, WIND Synchro, and WATER Xyz. His Pendulums (Standard) are DARK.
I find it highly assumable that Reiji will eventually have an EARTH Ritual DDD and a Covenant Continuous Spell Card that allows for Ritual Summoning, probably after/if the Ritual dimension is revealed.

Well, Ritual Summoning is taught in the composite course. Yeah, it has not its own course like the others.

I know what you mean, but not all of Reiji's non-Pendulum-DDDs are non-DARK monsters. DDD Tell (Xyz) and DDD D'harc (Fusion) are also DARK monsters. But if he introduces a Ritual Monster, it might be an EARTH monster like you said. Hopefully in episode 50.
elior1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:34 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
flackenstien wrote:

Well, Ritual Summoning is taught in the composite course. Yeah, it has not its own course like the others.

I know what you mean, but not all of Reiji's non-Pendulum-DDDs are non-DARK monsters. DDD Tell (Xyz) and DDD D'harc (Fusion) are also DARK monsters. But if he introduces a Ritual Monster, it might be an EARTH monster like you said. Hopefully in episode 50.
in episode 50 reiji and yuya should go all out so maybe he will show a ritual monster
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3