• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Reveals More English Dub Cast for Sailor Moon R Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:05 am Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
though Cannon as Rubeus? he's even more miscasted that having Todd as Jadeite.

Now this makes me fear what they will do with Sailor Moon S. Its arguably the best season bar none. Watch. We will end up with Laura Bailey as Kaorinite or Sailor Neptune or something. *shudder*

Jennifer Seman would be good as Kaorinite now that I think about it.

Highly unlikely they would have bailey as neptune (michiru). that would be an even bigger miscast than having toshiro's voice as rubeus. uranus (haruka) or in the future seina from the stars series,yes.but not neptune.

it's more of the possibility it will be haruka. though considering i was completely wrong about the casting for season 1,its a very mood point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:56 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
FireChick wrote:
Wait a minute! Wasn't someone named Christopher Smith supposed to play Demande? Or was that Mercer? I saw Smith's Twitter post about it.

He deleted it a day later so he likely broke an NDA & got replaced as a result.
Yeah, that sounds plausible. Same thing happened with Durarara x2. Blake Lewis announced he was reprising his role but Vic Mignogna was in the cast list which led to a little bit of confusion. I watched a clip on Youtube and it was definitely Mignogna.

I'm amazed that they can replace VAs on the fly like that.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I think Sandy Fox sounds a bit like Tracey Hoyt.

This pleases me.
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I've yet to see any actual proof that this man was fired for violating a non-disclosure agreement. A deleted tweet isn't much to go on. So until more details come to light, it's best to drop the subject. Rumors can ruin a person's reputation and in this case, could have a negative impact on him getting future voice acting jobs. Look at Daniel Pesina. Even after 20+ years, he's still known as the guy who got fired from the Mortal Kombat games because he worked for a rival company, which is completely false. And to this day, I still check fanboys whenever they continue to spread this lie.

tygerchickchibi wrote:
I think Sandy Fox sounds a bit like Tracey Hoyt.

This pleases me.

I said the same thing on YouTube. I loved Tracey Hoyt in the original dub and I am happy with what little we heard from Sandy Fox. It's a shame Tracey gets a bad rep from fans who think "she sounds too old." But how is a 900 year-old female trapped in a little girl's body supposed to sound?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/Sailor_Moon_NA/status/584120242676314114

Blu-ray masters confirmed for Crystal.

Thank GOD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2