• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Assassination Classroom Manga Approaches Climax of 'Final Mission'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seska1973

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
DigitalScratch wrote:
I've been following The series since the beginning, so seeing it end so soon is both relieving and sad.

Im excited to see this climax, especially spoiler[how Class E and Koro-Sensei are going to handle the laser. That's really the only "antagonists" left, the laser and the government who made it. The main villains are dead, and the world knows about Koro-Sensei anyway. So at this point the only outcome I can see is either Koro-Sensei dying via the laser, or him suddenly returning to his human form, no tentacles whatsoever. ]

Either way I'm hoping this series gets the ending it deserves.

Wellspoiler[, if he should survive, then he need a Way to bypass the Light that only reacts to his Body cells... But i refuse to use a Girls "Body" idea to escape this Light Cage. *hint* How he fixed the destroyed cells of her Body?*hint*. I admit, it sounds like an Bleach enemy, that used someones Womb to be reborn instantly...or he did not only sucked Blood out to save her, he also injected some of his Cells into their bodies. they noticed it, but did not say anything. See there is many possibles ways]
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda glad they didn't pad it out to 20-30 volumes, 'cus it's already gotten tired for me now. I just hope that it also motivates Viz to consider publishing Neuro next, because if it's anything like the anime, I prefer it more than this series.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
The art could definitely be a little bit better, compared to some of the previous storylines.

That could simply be a function of the scanlations you're reading. Some of them simply destroy details in the cleaning process.
Dextres

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
It's been a wild ride with Assasination Classroom and I have truly enjoy this gem of a great manga series from beginning to climax.

All of the volumes are definitely on my top priority to buy list to own.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Hm... Assassination Classroom is ending, Shokugeki no Soma looks like it's moving towards the end as well, Nisekoi is eliminating girls, which is obviously a sign of ending and I actually wouldn't be surprised if Toriko will end soon.
I wonder, what new series Jump can offer to replace the popular titles?
I guess Black Clover will be a next big thing.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Hm... Assassination Classroom is ending, Shokugeki no Soma looks like it's moving towards the end as well, Nisekoi is eliminating girls, which is obviously a sign of ending and I actually wouldn't be surprised if Toriko will end soon.

How is Food Wars moving towards its end, when they are still in only yr1 of high school?!
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Naah, Boku No Hero Academia.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

How is Food Wars moving towards its end, when they are still in only yr1 of high school?!

Well, Aizen... er... I mean Erina's father really have final boss vibes, so after confrontation with him manga probably will have a few more chapters, where Souma is training and deafeats his father. I doubt that it will show all years of his school life.

Quote:
Naah, Boku No Hero Academia.

I already count it as major player among other SJ mangas, just like World Trigger.

Last edited by KutovoiAnton on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Яeverse wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Well, Aizen... er... I mean Erina's father really have final boss vibes, so after confrontation with him manga probably will have a few more chapters, where Souma is training and deafeats his father. I doubt that it will show all years of his school life.

If Soma cant even challenge the actual (original) elite 10 what makes one think he will be ready any time soon to face Azami? I think it has many many more years before it's "moving towards an end."
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Яeverse wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Food Wars still has plenty left in the tank, all the Elite Ten are standing still, as are Central and whatever will happen there. We still have the issue of Souma's dad, the manga hasn't given me any vibes that it's anywhere close to the end. Just cause Erina's Dad has final Boss vibes doesn't mean he is the final boss, i mean look at Naruto, how many times did we think we were at the "Final Boss" only to get tricked again and again.

I mean it was spoiler[First it was Tobi, then Tobi being Madara, then it was actually Obito the whole time, but then he was working with the real Madara, but wait Obito betrayed him, but Madara planned for that the whole time so he we the final boss only for it to actually be Black Zetsu prepping for the arrival of a dumb character who shows up for the last 20 chapters to be the real final boss.]
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Rhys2753 wrote:
Wait, so the anime will be a complete adaptation too? hot shit.

Not really complete. Some stuff have been left out.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:32 pm Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
That could simply be a function of the scanlations you're reading. Some of them simply destroy details in the cleaning process.

I'm talking more about the ability to convey motion and distance in the action scenes. Maybe everything will be clearer when I have this arc in my hands in print form, but as it currently stands I've been relying on the dialogue rather than the art to figure out what's going in certain fight scenes (issue 174 in particular gave me a lot of trouble).
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:56 pm Reply with quote
It's ending? Wow, Koro-sensei kept his promise. While it's sad to see something go, it's even more satisfying to see something end, and painful for something to be dragged on.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Kidpolly wrote:
well i gotta start this series soon.

Yeah, this is a series I've been meaning to check out and now that it's getting a conclusive ending, it's probably a good time to start.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2