• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, June 6-12

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Mitrospeed wrote:

Actually it is at ~13k at the moment.

Kabaneri and JoJo are almost at 10k and maybe break it until release

Re:Zero is around 8k and with the explosion in sales ( highest increase rate of all the shows this season ) it might break 10k if we consider the usual underestimation that stalker has.

Ah okay. Where are these figures from? Delta has over a month until the first BD comes out too, so I imagine that will rise quite a bit.

I was also wondering about Kabaneri, as it did seem like it was doing very well. Question answered.
Mitrospeed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:33 pm Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:

Ah okay. Where are these figures from? Delta has over a month until the first BD comes out too, so I imagine that will rise quite a bit.

I was also wondering about Kabaneri, as it did seem like it was doing very well. Question answered.

There is a system to estimate the week 1 sales when the BD/DVD release. They're pretty accurate so you can already see how a show is going to do. They can also decrease, Delta is stagnating atm as far as I know.

Kabaneri is fine at the moment. The one getting an explosions of sales is Re0 atm.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Mitrospeed wrote:
kazenoyume wrote:

There is a system to estimate the week 1 sales when the BD/DVD release. They're pretty accurate so you can already see how a show is going to do. They can also decrease, Delta is stagnating atm as far as I know.

Kabaneri is fine at the moment. The one getting an explosions of sales is Re0 atm.

Not surprising about Re:Zero, after episode 11 it pretty much exploded on twitter and other sites. What is the numbers looking like right now for Re:Zero?

Also, seeing as the LN got a healthy boost in sales and as it seems that the anime sales are projected to do well. I hope that there is talk about a Sequel soon, as from what I understand, they will only cover about 25% of the current story and that just seem like way too little.
Mitrospeed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

Not surprising about Re:Zero, after episode 11 it pretty much exploded on twitter and other sites. What is the numbers looking like right now for Re:Zero?

Also, seeing as the LN got a healthy boost in sales and as it seems that the anime sales are projected to do well. I hope that there is talk about a Sequel soon, as from what I understand, they will only cover about 25% of the current story and that just seem like way too little.

At the end of April it had 2.7k

At the end of May it had 3,8k

At the start of June it had 5,4k

Now it has close to 8k and it shows no sign of slowing down with the decrease. The pre-screening even this week will most likely give it another boost before it releases on the 24th.

If it keeps that up and if the usual 30% of underestimation that amazon stalker has, applies then it has chances to break the 10k which would be huge if you look from where it started.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Mitrospeed wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:

At the end of April it had 2.7k

At the end of May it had 3,8k

At the start of June it had 5,4k

Now it has close to 8k and it shows no sign of slowing down with the decrease. The pre-screening even this week will most likely give it another boost before it releases on the 24th.

If it keeps that up and if the usual 30% of underestimation that amazon stalker has, applies then it has chances to break the 10k which would be huge if you look from where it started.

Nice, but I hear that the show is going to get really dark/disturbing in the next few episodes. So, maybe those numbers might drop some later on. Good to hear that it's doing well for itself. Also, thanks for the numbers.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Even if all series are great, about half of 'em would still fail since there's not enough money from a limited set of people (maybe that's what it really means in Japan when they say "limited" edition) to go around to support all those productions. The numbers just ain't there to match up.
Mitrospeed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

Nice, but I hear that the show is going to get really dark/disturbing in the next few episodes. So, maybe those numbers might drop some later on. Good to hear that it's doing well for itself. Also, thanks for the numbers.

One of the major "+" is exactly that so the story basically builds up on what draws the reader/viewer in at the start. So if anything they'll probably get a post release boost Smile
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Girls gUNDam Panzer domination!

Megiddo wrote:
Glad to see the panzers continue to dominate the chart for yet another week.

But, But..how is that domination? Wink
Moroboshi-san

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Mitrospeed wrote:
There is a system to estimate the week 1 sales when the BD/DVD release.

Quite true. But note that if your first disc sales hit 10k your series average will certainly not.

Last year we had 9 series break 10k average first half of the year. This year it will be 1-3. There will be blood on streets.
Mitrospeed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Moroboshi-san wrote:

Quite true. But note that if your first disc sales hit 10k your series average will certainly not.

Last year we had 9 series break 10k average first half of the year. This year it will be 1-3. There will be blood on streets.

I'm well aware of that, that's quite I only referred to the first week sales of the first volume Smile.

That's quite sad yes. I guess series which have another income sources that sell well besides BD/DVD like merchandize, source material, music etc ( As far as I know this is only really the case with Re0, BNHA ) have an actual "+". I mean we see what happens to an original show without any "backup".

That said Re0 might have the most secure position this season besides Macross and JoJo.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure why people are expecting it to sell more.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:53 am Reply with quote
Bummer about Kiznaiver. I feel like it probably hurt it even more having the release for volume 1 before the conclusion actually aired. I wouldn't have bought it a month ago, but as of the last few episodes, I am a huge fan.
Hopefully international numbers will soften the blow a little bit. I know it's ranking really highly on Crunchyroll. I can only hope China likes it too.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Moroboshi-san wrote:
Mitrospeed wrote:
There is a system to estimate the week 1 sales when the BD/DVD release.

Waay to early to say that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2