• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiss Him, Not Me (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

A person who is gentlemanly, hansom, shares her interest in series, popular, rich, has many cool models, makes models herself, is a smooth talker, has an amazing library, is a favourite doujinshi artist, is also a fellow fujoshi, and "likes" her. Pretty much too perfect, except that it is a she, and Kae has no idea how to react when she makes a move. Although Kae kind of made the first move.

No real surprises on my side, although I was impressed by a few some of what she had, which was probably echoed by the boys thinking that it was a little ridiculous that she was like a 2D character with being too perfect. But it only goes into what I said about how regular harems have the yaoi option that is like the perfect 'girl'.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
Kiss Him, Not Me - not just for fujoshi, any more. Damn, that was a pretty hot kiss. I would have no problem if the other four guys disappeared and the show simply became about Kae and Shima making out all the time. I really identify with how exhausting an event like Comiket can be - not that I've ever been to an event of that size, of course. I remember last May after only about an hour at Anime North's Nominoichi event (basically a flea market) I was absolutely wrung out. The room was crowded and hot. Can't imagine what something like Comiket must feel like.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Kiss Him, Not Me - not just for fujoshi, any more. Damn, that was a pretty hot kiss. I would have no problem if the other four guys disappeared and the show simply became about Kae and Shima making out all the time. I really identify with how exhausting an event like Comiket can be - not that I've ever been to an event of that size, of course. I remember last May after only about an hour at Anime North's Nominoichi event (basically a flea market) I was absolutely wrung out. The room was crowded and hot. Can't imagine what something like Comiket must feel like.

The closest thing to Comiket that I experienced was last year's Tokyo Game Show, which was quite crowded! With so many people, it was hard to actually see most of the displays without having to wade through a sea of fellow gamers. Funny thing is, I was actually in Tokyo when this summer's Comiket was happening, but since it took place during the last weekend of my trip I decided to forgo attending since it would have been a day-long thing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, you missed out on the ultimate otaku experience! To tell you the truth, I've never really understood the appeal of Comiket. I mean, even assuming the quality of the doujinshi is good, it's still basically just a huge gathering of amateurs selling their stuff, right? Is there something about this that I'm missing?
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
One day I'll try out Comiket, but it probably won't be for a few more years, though.

I have, however, attended two of the Tokyo International Anime Fairs. They actually weren't too overcrowded and it was quite interesting to see all the exhibits from the various anime companies.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I would find that more interesting than Comiket. Mind you, I'm not huge into manga, so that probably explains it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Lol OMG

I spent this entire episode being REALLY JEALOUS.

I want to go to Comiket!!!

I want to do perfect cosplay!!

I want to have my own doujinshi circle!

I want to have separate rooms for all my figures, costumes, and manga!!!

Now I see......you need to be rich to do all these things.....lol NOT FAIR.

Oh yeah.....this is the second shoujo series I've seen where the heroine's spoiler[first kiss was with another girl.]. Lol, do you guys remember the first show that did this? Anime hyper hint: super popular, after the 90s.

Last edited by Chiibi on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh god, I was totally drooling at Shima's set-up. I can only dream of the luxury of being able to properly house figures, anime and manga... I don't need a man cave, I need an otaku cavern!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Another hilarious eppie. I love how honest Nana and Shin were about the importance of Serinuma being thin again. "I'd rather a beauty with a good personality than a beast with a good personality!" Ha ha, truer words never spoken.

And Iga actually showed some character growth by realizing he still liked Serinuma even as a blob.

Next week looks like Serinuma and Nishina are at loggerheads and if the episode title is any guide, it is over the Very, Very Important issue of shipping characters. Should be a good one.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Lol that dumb "fat" voice again.....wryyyyy >_>

(it's also weird how her nose and eyes basically disappear)

SHIPPING WARS NEXT WEEK!? YES, OH YES ♥ this will be amazing~can't wait!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:11 am Reply with quote
Episodes 5 and 6

Shipping is serious business.

I do think that I can call Nishina my favourite character in the series, which I think has come from her character being rounded out with examples of her feeding her from finding it charming, that she could have a fight with her. And that she has her own past from feeling alone and underappreciated, where she has an explanation now for her focus due to a boost in confidence.

I think that I am in general happy that we have had this heroine who can be so flawed, yet I would not actually call helpless. She is genuinely interesting when she is fangirling over things that she likes, and doubly so when it shown in a way that could be unappealing, more than anything it feels like a confidence in a character.
dash56

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:57 am Reply with quote
In a season with a pretty big selection of comedy, this one is probably my favorite. I'm absolutely in love with this show and all it's characters.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Shino is my favorite; the show keeps making him into this poor little helpless victim and he's so cute. Anime hyper I want to protect this child.

(It's not cause it's Kirito's VA or anything. REALLY!!)

I was a little disappoint with this episode because I was hoping it would be a war over ships, not 'who's the uke/ who's the seme'?

I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT. lol Maybe yaoi fujoshi do....but....I just don't. The couple pairings I like....I wouldn't care who was making the moves; I'd just be happy with anything involving the two. Anime hyper Unless it was OOC. That always bothers me a lot.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Damn woman, speak English. What the hell does OOC mean? And isn't the phrase "yaoi fujoshi" redundant? Aren't fujoshi by definition into yaoi/BL? You're not fujoshi, you're a fangirl and a demented love-weasel. Wink

Anyway, funny episode. Ya never like to see two pals at loggerheads - especially two cute girls - but they made up so it's all good.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:25 pm Reply with quote
OOC?

Out
Of
Character

Basically a character not acting AT ALL like themselves, normally for the sake of making ships work in fanfics. Fanfics written by younger fans tend to do this, even Japanese doujinshi do it. It drives me nuts. Well, it drives everyone who values believable writing nuts. People mainly don't like characters being changed like that.

When you're reading a fic/doujin and a character says something that makes you go "WHAT, NEVER EVER EVER WOULD YOU UTTER SUCH WORDS", you know you've run into the OOC problem.

Lol well....I'm not actually sure. By definition, fujoshi means "rotten girl" but I've seen many other translations for it. Whether it's limited to boys love ONLY is the part I'm not so sure about....though it does seem that way when I encounter the term.

Would probably have to Japanese-wiki it to confirm.

[edit]

Yes, you're right. Fujoshi applies to BL fans only. lol So as for me, I'm just a straight-up otaku. When I saw Nishina's collection, it was kind of like walking into my own...if it was actually organized neatly. lol Except I don't have that much BL. (Just a little). I did go through a brief BL phase in my college days but I'm not so into it now. lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4