• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Teases Gosick Anime Announcement

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:45 am Reply with quote
I already own the Australian release of Gosick and I don't care about a dub, so this announcement doesn't really impact me. However, I am happy for other Gosick fans who were hoping for a domestic release and a dub. Good news!
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
(Removed troll post about dub and another user's response to said troll post) --willag

Especially when you have a series that is set in the west and it would be far more obvious that every person would either speak in French or at least basic English than having everyone aside the MC speaking Japanese.

Ah man for years i was hoping for this, i got the Australian release but to have a dub release finally would be awesome and i really hope it is in blu ray too Very Happy
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:22 am Reply with quote
I have deleted the troll post and edited/deleted any responses to said troll post. It appears that the user is a 2nd account created by someone who was put on moderation for these types of posts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
After I bought the Japanese BluRays. lol

I've owned the Japanese BluRays for a few years now though. And they also come with stuff that it's guaranteed that the Funimation release won't come with. I might still buy the Funimation set though.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:02 am Reply with quote
Yes! First the Seven Deadly sins home video announcement, Free S1 bluray w/ dub announcement and now Gosick teased! This is an anime I've wanted to see for quite a while and even though I don't personally use streaming I don't believe it is even available to legally stream either and I'd rather die then ever watch anime illegally. I'm a very happy girl especially as it seems that a dub has been hinted too! Anime smile
redcar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
Yesss finally! Get in my collection Very Happy
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
I had no real interest in Gosick, but I know this was something a lot of people were angry about being cancelled when Bandai went under. I'm glad Funi is giving people a second chance to get it, and maybe with a dub as well!
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Go Very Sick.

The show wasn't... bad in any way or shape. But it left me with a feeling that it could have been much better than it ended up being. I rate it at 3.5 out of five, where 3 is the average grey goo mass of unremarkable shows that neither rise to noteworthiness nor sink to awfulness. Gosick rises above the mass, but falls short of being notable. The art and animation quality, I recall, remained pretty consistent throughout its run. The best bit is the ending theme.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Make it so and make it dub it would be a shame for a sub only release but it would still be worth getting
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
It has been A LONG six years since I've last watched this series, & I really hope that this true. I honestly don't care if gosick get's a sub only release with shoddy disc art, I just want to legally own/watch the series again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MangaNeko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
OMG!! Finally, please make it so. I loved this series when it was available on CR. This dreary rainy day has turned bright!!
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Ooh hey I've been interested in this one glad I'll be able to see it. Even if Nichijou and Dantalian didn't get a dub I hope this one will at least.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Credit to WTK on thefandompost for posting the link but if this link is to be believed it's being released in May and getting a bluray release with both dubbed/subbed options. I couldn't be more excited and can't wait to finally own this series and watch listen to the dub! Anime smile

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/the-complete-series-part-one-bld-00377/
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I have been waiting for this for SO LONG! Can't wait!
B-K201

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh my God I've been waiting for this forever, I hope that there is a dub either way I am happy that they are finally doing something with this project more people need to see the show still to this day currently in my top 15
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3