• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Release Schedule for Spring 2024 Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Most Aniplex dubs start late into a season. Misfit was an outlier.

When they start will also depend on Bang Zoom's schedule. AoA almost exclusively uses them and they are pretty busy right now with other shows. So there's going to be a bit of a backlog with all these sequels in spring
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:37 pm Reply with quote
@getchman,
Thanks again for the info.

It still stinks!!
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
YesNoMaybe wrote:
It's kind of hard to understand how this works when it come to dubbing some of these shows that are not being dubbed in english this time around!

This season its was Mashle: Magic and Muscles that's not being dubbed in english after being dubbed in English previous season.

Now the following shows won't be dub in english this time around:

irregular at magic high school
The Misfit of Demon King Academy II

It's kind of a bummer to invest time watching a series one season then can't watch it in the second season

Yeah, I hope they will be dubbed for a later home video release, but we've had this happen several times now without seeing if they will come back to them later. I get that it's possible to keep watching subbed, but it's kind of difficult to find the motivation to do it when this happens.
Much as I love Dubs (and Subs), I switched to Subs "only" a few years back. The only time (hence the "" in only) I watch Dubs now are either when its for a series I saw dubbed that I know is gonna get a Dub later on (And yes I agree, the wait sucks) or if I'm rewatching the anime and don't mind seeing it dubbed instead of rewatching the sub (Like the Sailor Moon crystal etc. series) Now when a continuation comes up I'm just able to watch the anime as it airs (For newer stuff anyway), no more weeks to months of waiting (to sometimes half a year or a year/+...) except for anime i saw dubbed and will wait for the dub, but as the years have gone by the amount of dubs went from half the anime i consume to currently maybe 10% and I imagine as more years go by that'll eventually change to 1%.

I wouldn't mind switching back to dubs and subs instead of mostly just subs but, thats only going to happen if CR/everyone starts doing simultaneous Dubs to air alongside the sub. We've seen its possible and b4 covid they really were ramping that up. We've also seen a few simultaneous and a bunch of 2 weeks after the sub anime that have aired but sadly it doesn't seem CR (or anyone really) is currently interested in making it a reality again. And for those who're gonna say becus they're still backed up. A fair point, but I'd argue to just skip the backlog and come back to it slowly, 1 anime at a time while u focus on the currently airing anime. It'd suck for sure (And I'd also haveta wait on some dubs) but if it means getting most and eventually hopefully every anime with a dub airing at the same time as the sub then I say it'd be worth it. At this rate I do not ever see them catching up on their back log anyway and lets be honest, some seasons are really dry and bad, with FEW worth while anime that need a dub so a skip during one of those seasons can be done...

Still wondering when Eden Zero S2 will get its Dub and hoping whatever issues thats causing it to have a massive delay in its Dub (Beginning to wonder if it'll ever get dubbed...) don't affect the Fairy Tail: 100 years quest anime's Dub...
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:26 pm Reply with quote
FrodoGate222 wrote:
Wonder if Black Butler and Spice and Wolf will get the original dub cast back?

I hope that the English dub can keep its original voices, here in Latin America I don't think it'll be that difficult since Black Butler and Spice & Wolf were one of the few old (by old, I mean things older than 2016) anime that Funimation dubbed into Spanish and Portuguese when they entered our market a couple of years ago. However, we only got Black Butler's first two seasons and OVAs dubbed, I know that there's a third season and an anime movie and perhaps Funimation had the intention of dubbing them as well, but when they merged with Crunchyroll they stopped the practice of dubbing old anime series into Spanish and Portuguese
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm not too surprised about Black Butler and Spice and Wolf getting dubs (and will presumably bring back their original VA's) but it's nice to see nevertheless!

Good thing they caught up with Laid Back Camp dub-wise in time for season 3.

I wonder how soon they'll be able to get the Konosuba season 3 dub out.

As a romance fan, really happy that A Condition Called Love, An Archdemon's Dilemma, Vampire Dormitory, and Chilling in Another World will be receiving dubs. I just wish other romance shows made the cut.

They dubbed Liar Liar so of course they would dub Gods' Game We Play.

Kaiju No. 8 is a no-brainer.

Considering what I've heard about Re:Monster, them dubbing it should be...interesting.

No surprise about Mushoku Tensei and Duke of Death, but obviously Slime season 3, DAL season 5, and MHA will be following them.
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of surprised that "Train to the End of the World" not getting any dub. I figure with it being about cute girls traveling around on a train would be a sure thing.
Erufailon4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:52 am Reply with quote
Eupho S3 is pretty much a given, the big question is if CR will stream the Ensemble Contest OVA before it since to my understanding it's required viewing for S3. (And while we're at it, why not stream the Our Promise movie in all the countries the TV series streams in, since that one's required viewing too.)
Saeryen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:10 am Reply with quote
Of the titles here, I’ll be watching A Condition Called Love and of course continuing Wonderful Pretty Cure!, which is aptly wonderful so far.

I hope someone picks up Himitsu no AiPri. That is what I’m most excited for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2