• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - August 25 - 31

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
hey are the new funimation dub episodes of one piece airing on cartoon network yet or is it still the 4kids dub

Writing and recording a dub takes a while, it doesn't happen overnight. When their dub is set to air on Toonami, I'm pretty sure ANN will have it as news, not just left to a blurb in The Click.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Well Funimation did say it was to be released in August. And it's almost September, so ya, it should be a few weeks, as 4Kids dub ended at 103 or 104, and that's where Funimation started from.
jel123

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
It goes back to when they aired Japanese episodes of DragonBall Z & GT some years back.
Yeah, discovered DBZ in Japanese (no subtitles!) about two weeks before they cut that channel from the lineup in the last town I lived in. Crying or Very sad
NGE1113 wrote:
...the competing Verizon FiOS provider airs that channel...
You're right, just checked the FiOS web site and they do list AZN! Maybe I'll look into switching.
Comcast is forcing me to go to the trouble of installing digital anyway (if I want to watch AZN after the end of this month). Mad
emory

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Canuckian wrote:
Well Funimation did say it was to be released in August. And it's almost September, so ya, it should be a few weeks, as 4Kids dub ended at 103 or 104, and that's where Funimation started from.

It'll begin on September 29th at 10 PM.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quote
No episode titles for Moon Phase? Tch.

Since I don't have AZN I won't be able to watch it on TV. Unless I put my DVDs in the DVD player. Except they might not work, because it's not a very good DVD player.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quote
*GASP* and hoorays ... turns out they slipped AZN into one tracks I don't normally check and must have missed the change announcement (unless it's on the next statement, which tends to happen a lot.)

What did Last Exile and Ayakashi do to you that they deserved the lack of boldy-goodness?

LordByronius wrote:
Also, why on earth is this airing at ten in the morning? A somber, dark, violent story is not exactly the sort of thing I want to see while rubbing my eyes awake from a vicious hangover.

It must be nice to have a job where you can roll out of bed at 10 in the morning on a Monday. Where can we sign-up?
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quote
zetsuie wrote:
hey are the new funimation dub episodes of one piece airing on cartoon network yet or is it still the 4kids dub

It's still the 4Kids dub. We have three more episodes of that before the FUNi dub starts.
Invader_Spooch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see someone else showing some love for Lain's opening ("Duvet" by Boa).

They're a great band (one of my favorites), and totally underrated (sad that their albums are impossible to find in the states, and importing is the only option).
LunarBluestone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quote
jel123 wrote:
AZN owned by Comcast so it is probably only available on their cable.

Actually, AZN is being shown on Time Warner's basic digital cable service here in Hawaii. We also have AmaginAsian TV here, too. Guess we got lucky, since Comcast is not available here.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Actually, about Ayakashi, Tenshu Monogatari just ended. The next one is I think Bakaneko(?). It's the one Mononoke is spun off from.

Wait, it was Tenshu Monogatari that has been airing for the past four weeks, and NOT Yotsuya Kaiden?? Shocked Do you happen to have iaTV? I know Geneon ended up releasing it before Yotsuya, even though Yotsuya aired first in Japan.

Or, can anybody who does confirm this?
eyesopen0791

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I set my DVR to record Tenjho Tenge every week. The episodes to air Saturday are #2 and #3. Why?!!!!? I have no idea, since the last one just aired was episode #12.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:32 am Reply with quote
Wow, I found what you wrote about Ergo Proxy (G4TechTV Canada) so funny I almost had coffee come up my nose Confused
"I... made myself excited to watch this episode based upon what I just wrote. I'm not sure how I should feel about that."
Thanks.
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Not that anyone probably cares, but AZN is not airing Ayane's High Kick, at least at the times listed. I thought it would be weird if they did considering there's only two episodes, so they'd be airing the same thing over and over for the past two weeks. I looked at their site, and it lists they are airing "High Kick" for some reason. I've accidentally caught a little of the show when they did air it, but they aren't right now from what I can tell. What they are actually airing in that time slot is a Japanese sit com from what I can tell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2