• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kure-nai

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:29 am Reply with quote
Of the first episodes I've watched so far this season, this one's is the best - even over Macross Frontier. I think it has the potential to be one of the year's best series, and I found it refreshingly different in every sense. I normally only watch out a couple of series per season, and this one is almost certain to be one of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Of the first episodes I've watched so far this season, this one's is the best - even over Macross Frontier. I think it has the potential to be one of the year's best series, and I found it refreshingly different in every sense. I normally only watch out a couple of series per season, and this one is almost certain to be one of them.

While I cannot agree that Kure-nai has the best first episode (so far, Itazura na Kiss would be my pick), I can certainly agree in regards to the potential of this series. I did say in my opening post that this series may surprise me, and upon watching the episode again I now feel much more strongly that I could be right. Especially if things remain consistent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Key I enjoyed this episode the most of any first episode this season. Shinkurou was perfect in almost every action he took regarding his new charge, especially that spoiler[hug at the end. kawai!!] I think this will be my most anticipated show of the season. Can't wait for more.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I've been following the website for a while.I liked the first episode and can't wait for more.I like to indulge in a drama now and then and Kure-nai has a lot going for it.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Well I've decided this is going to be one where I check the first episode out while I wait for all these other series I want to see to get subbed. Only problem is I can't seem to find an avi version of it! Mad Guess I should just keep looking......
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Well I've decided this is going to be one where I check the first episode out while I wait for all these other series I want to see to get subbed. Only problem is I can't seem to find an avi version of it! Mad Guess I should just keep looking......

you don't like watching online?
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:

Other than YouTube I don't know anywhere I could watch it. And even then, I don't like the poor quality of streaming videos.

EDIT: Just remembered to say, I actually did find an avi version earlier today, so we'll see how that goes. Probably tomorrow sometime.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I am planning on watching this. I've seen the opening and I must say I'm in love with it. Artwork is a bit different but I really like it. And Minami Kuribayashi is always equal to win. Heard a lot of good things about this, and the anime has Ryoko Shintani and Miyuki Sawashiro in it (they seem to be together in everything), so where can I go wrong?
Ultenth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
rainbowcourage wrote:

Watching streaming subs seems like an insult to both the original creator as well as the sub group. Most fansub groups HATE having their stuff up on streaming sites because the quality is so crappy. I can kind of understand if you have like download caps or something, otherwise it really isn't all that hard to just get the full high quality versions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:29 pm Reply with quote
The first episode was pretty good... The story wasn't anything that new, but the execution and characters are what really stood out. I'm going to stick with this one and see how it goes...

Westlo wrote:
It's my favorite ed this season in terms of the actual song Sad op is just something else lol

If you like the song, I would recommend checking out some more of Ryoko Shintani's music. R.O.N. (one of her composers) has a pretty distinctive style to his music... Uh, I'm a huge fan of Ryoko Shintani...
Alestal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
Its so cute how you guys talk about the "anime season" like its the "fashion season" or something. Laughing

This show definatly looks interesting.
Ultenth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote
Alestal wrote:
Its so cute how you guys talk about the "anime season" like its the "fashion season" or something. Laughing

No, more like the way that the live action TV industry, movie industry, and many other industries refer to seasons, because that is how business is done in those industries. Which is why almost all TV shows (including anime) is in multiples of 13, (26, 52, etc.) because they run in 3 months cycles, IE seasons....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Ultenth wrote:
Watching streaming subs seems like an insult to both the original creator as well as the sub group. Most fansub groups HATE having their stuff up on streaming sites because the quality is so crappy. I can kind of understand if you have like download caps or something, otherwise it really isn't all that hard to just get the full high quality versions.

Actually, that was another point as was going to get around to. Anime smile + sweatdrop Even still though, despite that fact, I think I've decided that considering how long it's been seeming to take for subbers to get all these series out (especially the avi version), streaming might actually be the way to go this time around.

Should be watching the episode latter today, btw.
fuwa_fuwa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote
it appears to be really good
the characters remind me of the anime Hayate no Gotoku, like howspoiler[ Shintaro has some sort of special body similiar to Hayate] and the anime Tsukuyomi where the main heroine, like Murasaki, has that catchphrase, "you're only a servant"
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Well the animation is good (let's hope it stays that way) and the growing relationship between the little girl and the main character is touching. I'll continue this to see if my interest grows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 13