• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
In the pirate episode he had a pretty bashful reaction to her outfit. Not in your usual overblown comedic reaction sort of way either. He gave her a genuine compliment in a shy manner.

Because it was a revealing outfit and her boobs were so noticeable! Wouldn't most men react that way?

Quote:
Also you can't ignore the scene this episode with their awkward farewells.

Yes, Sento shippers have convinced themselves that Seiya was going to confess his undying "love" for her and changed his mind. But I saw it as "well, I was going to thank you and say it was nice working with you" and then changed his mind.

Quote:
Besides, the author didn't let Tessa win in FMP.

Lol Tessa sucked though. Perfect example of a character that male fans love and female fans hate. Sousuke was assigned to be Kaname's protector.....of course THEY would fall for each other; it was a romantic set-up to begin with. Their relationship isn't anything like the professional business one between Seiya and Sento.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
That's why they already kissed and hugged?

Hold up, when did he kiss her? (if it was a forehead or cheek peck, it doesn't count)
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
That's why they already kissed and hugged?

Hold up, when did he kiss her? (if it was a forehead or cheek peck, it doesn't count)

She kissed him to give him that power in episode 01. And yes, it wasn't a romantic kiss......but why did the author choose that specific method for him to get a power if he wasn't at least THINKING about romance between them?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

She kissed him to give him that power in episode 01. And yes, it wasn't a romantic kiss......but why did the author choose that specific method for him to get a power if he wasn't at least THINKING about romance between them?

He knows what sells in the LN market.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Because it was a revealing outfit and her boobs were so noticeable! Wouldn't most men react that way?

Remember how Kanie reacted to seeing all the girls bouncing around in swimsuits a few episodes earlier? That's right: he didn't. But after getting a bit closer to Isuzu that changed.

Chiibi wrote:
Yes, Sento shippers have convinced themselves that Seiya was going to confess his undying "love" for her and changed his mind. But I saw it as "well, I was going to thank you and say it was nice working with you" and then changed his mind.

I don't think they were going to confess, but he had already said his thanks to everyone as a whole. Why would he do it for Isuzu specifically if he saw her as just another co-worker? They've been through a lot of hardships supporting each other side-by-side. Some sort of special bond was inevitable.

Chiibi wrote:
Lol Tessa sucked though. Perfect example of a character that male fans love and female fans hate. Sousuke was assigned to be Kaname's protector.....of course THEY would fall for each other; it was a romantic set-up to begin with.

Tessa was an angel and Chidori was a violent and abusive bitch. It's clear who any self-respecting guy would fall for.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
She kissed him

Yeah, that's not "they kissed." Nice try. Smile
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Tessa was an angel and Chidori was a violent and abusive bitch. It's clear who any self-respecting guy would fall for.

Kaname's "abuse" was comical slapstick. Sousuke would do ridiculous things like fire a REAL gun at a video game screen..........so she hits him for that.
It's been a long time since I watched the show but I remember not liking Tessa. My best friend hates her with the passion of a thousand suns and we don't always agree on ships, but we agreed on that show. Anime hyper

Quote:
Yeah, that's not "they kissed." Nice try

Technically it takes TWO sets of lips to kiss. :p
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
If that's all you think it takes, I'm sorry for you. Smile "They kissed" implies at the least consent, nay, participation of both parties, and Kanie was completely blindsided.

I don't like Tessa either.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Um........wtf don't be "sorry for me". I'm not asking for a feminist lecture. I define "kiss" in THIS case by "lips touching". This wasn't about consent or feeling behind the kiss but that it physically happened and Seiya didn't stop her either.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Stand down. That wasn't a feminist lecture, it was a definition of words. There's a reason English has "he kissed her," "she kissed him," and "they kissed." They describe different situations. And I was teasing about feeling sorry for you, as defining a kiss as merely lips touching sounds like it came from someone who's never been kissed, which I don't seriously think is you.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
There was a kiss, sure, but the context wasn't romantic. She just had to do it to gift him his powers.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
If anything, Kanie not feeling anything about the kiss, or never being reminded of it when being close to Latifa makes it clear he has not the spark of romantic interest or tension towards Latifa, on contrary to his attitude towards Sento.
This is one of the clearest "either the main girl or nobody wins" situation in anime history. They didn't even try to bring in another contender.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
So the park spoiler[got it's visitors, the cast gets to stay where they are, the princess's curse is broken, and Kanie isn't such a bad guy after all. Happy ending]. but who cares about that crap?! lets debate endlessly on what a kiss is and have an extremely ridiculous shipping battle! fun times all around
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
In my opinion both girls have a healthy chance, up till now I think Kanie has had the quota on his mind, he has not quite thought that much about romance. He had to stay professional with Isuzu and Latifa has had poor health, there is some chemistry with both but it is not just waiting on Kanie. Isuzu needs to be able to lighten up, and Latifa needs to continue to move forward.

More importantly I think for Kanie is that they are his friends, Kanie did not have any friends at the beginning of the series. Actually I think the girls may have been a little the same, Isuzu was far too aggressive and Latifa has had her station distancing her a little. I think Kanie may on a level have some romantic interest in both, but it will have to be more than a promise he made when he was a kid or Isuzu's duty.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:57 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
So...spoiler[the princess's curse is broken]

I thought it was just spoiler[beaten back due to genki-ness all around. Should the park falter, the curse will overpower her again.]

stupid unpaired spoiler tags

Last edited by Gina Szanboti on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 14