• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucky Star Underpants for Sale in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valetina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Eeeeewwww! The underwear is very creepy looking. Why would a guy have underpants that have teenage girls on them?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
What I'm wondering with the Konata face one is whether they have a "gate", letting you poke "it" through to give Kona-chan a "funny nose".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
If I'm to judge Japanese culture through anime, these things are going to sell like hotcakes, given white is just too common.
:P

One of these days, I'll actually read up on this series. I see it everywhere.

Can't argue there, but they'll probably sell well.

If you do end up watching this series, in my opinion, the only way to watch this series is in English. The Japanese audio sounds too much like chimpmunks on helium.

Valetina: Actually they turn 18 partway through the series, so this is a few times I only find it creepy that the image is on underware, and not the image itself. They turn 18, so really there is nothing wrong with this image, this time.
sunflowerseed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I am not sure if a man wearing these would get proper fast medical attention if they were rushed to the hospital here wearing these, rather they were clean or not. Laughing I actually feel like trying to order these, I have an impulse to buy for some reason I know not why. Always wear jeans or blue jeans cutoffs so it wouldn't encourage me to walk around showing them at home but it could be something funny to have on the shelf with the anime dvds and collectibles.

I would totally have to disagree with the above poster about how to watch the series, Aya Hirano is Konata as are the other original voice actors from Japan are their characters as well. They not only breathed life into the series but made it possible for it to become famous and liked enough to be brought here to be dubbed in English. None the less, do watch it with the English subs on for sure. Don't forget the songs that were sung were also by Aya Hirano and the rest of the cast which ever ones they were for the character songs as well. Very Happy
Liclac Atra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
PetrifiedJello wrote:
If I'm to judge Japanese culture through anime, these things are going to sell like hotcakes, given white is just too common.
Razz

One of these days, I'll actually read up on this series. I see it everywhere.

Can't argue there, but they'll probably sell well.

If you do end up watching this series, in my opinion, the only way to watch this series is in English. The Japanese audio sounds too much like chimpmunks on helium.

Valetina: Actually they turn 18 partway through the series, so this is a few times I only find it creepy that the image is on underware, and not the image itself. They turn 18, so really there is nothing wrong with this image, this time.

Doesn't make it any less creepy when they look like 10 year olds, except poor Miyuki :shudder:. Also some of us like things just for the over the top creepy factor that they have. I personal would buy the pair with Konata on the front (not wear them mind you, I like creepy things, I just don't like wearing creepy things); I would also buy the pair with everyones favorite jaded former child star: Akira Kogami (less creepy but still not going to wear it). Not exactly sure what I would do with them but I would keep them.

I don't went to get into the DUB's vs. SUB's debate but I USUALLY prefer the Subbed versions.

I would love for more things like this to come out from all different kinds of anime (the creepy part, not necessarily the underwear part; although it would be rather neat to have large amounts of random anime based underwear for a unique "WTF?!?!?!?" kind of collection.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote
This is when anime/manga fandom and merchandise has really gone too far in Japan.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote
These would have an effective use in a drinking game Anime smile
ChancellorOfTheExchequer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quote
What is this new devilry?
rizuchan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
What, no panties for girls? Sad

I might have to get these as sleep pants, anyway. My parents already know I'm crazy from watching me parade around in the T-shirts from the LE boxsets. Laughing Ooh! I could wear them together! It'd be the perfect set of pajamas!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fake Alias

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote
OMFG, I can't stop imaging whether or not those boxers have a crotch slit... That's so disturbing... It would be somewhere around the nose of Konata..

... I just checked the website, luckily the face is on the back.. So only your skid-marks will go on Konata's face.. Not your ... Parts.

Im relieved... Somewhat.
KasumiTen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Fake Alias wrote:
face is on the back

So now you can have Konata burping games...
Tsukae

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Must buy Konata boxers!
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote
KasumiTen wrote:
Fake Alias wrote:
face is on the back

So now you can have Konata burping games...

In all honesty, I'd be lying if I said this post didn't wring out a chuckle or two.

Fake Alias wrote:
OMFG, I can't stop imaging whether or not those boxers have a crotch slit... That's so disturbing... It would be somewhere around the nose of Konata..

This as well. Shin Chan comes to mind somehow...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
INTERWEBZ FAILED ME Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Takes out evoker.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Fake Alias wrote:

... I just checked the website, luckily the face is on the back.. So only your skid-marks will go on Konata's face.. Not your ... Parts.

Im relieved... Somewhat.

It prob won't sell as well now. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4