• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network Summer 2005 Kick-Off

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isaaru

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote
[quote="Wyvern"]
Quote:
I don't think Lee was being called a bully. He just happened to be the one onscreen when the narrator said the word. And hey, the first thing Lee does in the series is try to kick Sasuke's butt.

Yeah i know, but the folks on some other forums are makin a huge deal of that. I think its pretty silly to assume that from lookin at this type of preview.

I'm cool with Leaf Village , and your right about the head ninja thing. I hopw they don't go with that
Izlude

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, let's not forget this is Cartoon Network's preview, its got little to if nothing to do with Viz, its all in CN's own words.

They could say Big Daddy Ninja if they wanted (Actually sounds like something Tom would say too Anime hyper)
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Anyone happen to know why they decided to change iGPX from a mech tournament fighting type of show into a racing show? Mad
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Well, let's not forget this is Cartoon Network's preview, its got little to if nothing to do with Viz, its all in CN's own words.

Well, we don't know that for sure. I'm not worried or anything, but the trailer probably came from Viz, and the pitch might have come from them too (or at least the basis for the pitch for CN to rewrite). We really have no way of knowing either way.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I have no real complaints with the preview they showed (the pronunciation of Naruto can be very easily corrected, and even if not, as long as it's not absurdly accented, it still doesn't sound so bad), other than the music they played.

That's really so far my only main concern, is keeping the original music in tact. Steve Blum as Kakashi sounds somewhat miscasted (all his roles usually give off that somewhat cocky tone), but then again, he is a very good VA altogeather, so I'm not too worried yet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

Well, we don't know that for sure. I'm not worried or anything, but the trailer probably came from Viz, and the pitch might have come from them too (or at least the basis for the pitch for CN to rewrite). We really have no way of knowing either way.

I doubt Viz had anything to do with this trailer. I've seen their trailers (because they #@%&*$ing make you sit through them EVERY TIME YOU PUT IN ONE OF THEIR DVDS!) and they're pretty sub-par. They're nowhere near the level of CN's trailers. They may have been working from Viz's dub scripts (or even the manga) but I'm sure the words are from the same guy who writes all the Toonami ads-his style's pretty hard to mistake.
dustopants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:37 am Reply with quote
I still haven't seen this, i'll have to catch the 10am airing tomorrow... or... well... it's 1AM... so, technically, 10am today... w/e... Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3