• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Maken-ki! Dub Cast, Streams Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
correct me if i'm wrong here, but you no longer watch anime in English because of He Who Must Not Be Named, right?

Yeah....I'm not opening that box, so you can just stop right there. In any event, the only reason I looked at the trailer at all was to see how bad the voices were (and of course, they did not disappoint).
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
getchman wrote:
correct me if i'm wrong here, but you no longer watch anime in English because of He Who Must Not Be Named, right?

Yeah....I'm not opening that box, so you can just stop right there. In any event, the only reason I looked at the trailer at all was to see how bad it is (and of course, it did not disappoint).

hey oh come give this dub a chance give Funi history pick-up anime with F-service oh come worth a watch.

especially saw Freezing dub like 13 times in one year span yea still wait for s2 (so guessing Funi might pick-up female wrestling anime).

besides watch the dub then unleash you're saying on it.

& yet this "he who must not be named" i wonder are you talking about certain dub watcher who happen still a Lacus fan?
My Name's Not Rick!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
but what was so terrible about the principle info dumping and Takeru being giddy about his situation?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:42 pm Reply with quote
No KLAC, I'm not talking about you
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
hey oh come give this dub a chance......

Nope. I will be watching the other half of this release when I get my hands on it.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:17 am Reply with quote
I didn't enjoy this series that much
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Same mediocre voice actors that have been used a 1,000,001 times.....

If you're a fan of subtitles, modern anime and Japanese VAs, how are you one to talk? Not defending or bashing this dub or anything, but that's the pot calling the kettle black. Don't be hypocrite. Thanks.
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:02 am Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Quote:

If you're a fan of subtitles, modern anime and Japanese VAs, how are you one to talk? Not defending or bashing this dub or anything, but that's the pot calling the kettle black. Don't be hypocrite. Thanks.

Yeah, its pretty apparent that you don't know what your talking about regarding this subject, so I am not even going to waste the time and energy to formulate a significant response to your wonderful post (you are just not worth my time). Thanks for playing anyway. Rolling Eyes
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote
Shiratori1 wrote:
YamadaKun wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, its pretty apparent that you don't know what your talking about regarding this subject, so I am not even going to waste the time and energy to formulate a significant response to your wonderful post (you are just not worth my time). Thanks for playing anyway. Rolling Eyes

I thought you people from LA where bad before, but this. Wow. You Los Angeles folk are funny!
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote
my word this feel some of you still hmm give Funi history of anime with f-service on it has always been something mix to see.

besides give saw recent f-service Funi's dub aka DxD yet too good to watch on it really to see.

yet really you should give a chance besides focus on watching the series & not be distract by big MILKS.

besides i'm always focus when watching those anime with f-service give saw queen's blade series, sekirei, Freezing, DxD, & of course manyuu hikenchou!!!

yet with female wrestling anime this fall (certain pick-up will happen) really just watch this dub version of maken-ki.

before you make a mistake for overlooking it.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
Watching Maken-ki in the original Japanese makes as much sense as watching it with the sound turned off - hopefully the dub will add - something, anything.

I enjoyed it, maybe, I didn't hate it and I watched all of it, I think, maybe, I'm pretty sure. I will wait and judge it when I watch a complete dubbed episode because frankly I forgot who the hell everyone is. Was? Was.

Well, actually, this is my same reaction I had with the manga when I tried reading it several years ago. Even if it's right up my genre, this show is just so average.

I think? Maybe I mean forgettable?
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Watching Maken-ki in the original Japanese makes as much sense as watching it with the sound turned off - hopefully the dub will add - something, anything.

Rolling Eyes I detect some trolling here
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

Rolling Eyes I detect some trolling here

well with the sound turned off or a pair of headphones plugged in for those late night ***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote
The YouTube comments section for the video is delicious...

Nothing new to say, not interested in this.

The trailer was "meh" but that comments section...mmm...I could read it all day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3