• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Conquest Zvezda Plot (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Blood- wrote:
I want one of those thingies that Bespectacled Bikini girl had: a bed with hands.

Goddammit, Blood.

I've always wanted a bed that could be programmed to move around at certain times. I could set it to run me to the next city so I could wake up in time for breakfast at a great breakfast restaurant they have there. I hate having to get up 2 hours earlier just to go.

Truly, Lazy Natasha is a lazy genius.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
yeah that is what it sounded like at first, until The King of Harts quoted that bit in that way, and knowing some of Blood-'s other posts puts things differently.
TehDarkPrince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
tyler.j.kirk.1 wrote:
In my experience fan service is usually heaviest in the earlier episodes to attract viewers, if its going to be there at all, as a series goes on it'll either stay consistent or taper off abit like it kind of did in Vividred. I don't think I've ever seen fan service get worse as a series goes on.

The fact that were two episodes in now with essentially no pure fanservice shots (such as close ups on erogenous zones) leads to me believe that even if it might happen at some point, it'll never be a major part of the shows viewing experience.

I agree-- fan service shows with no other agenda beyond pandering to those who pursue such prurient flights of fancy, go out of their way to express what the show is about. 2 episodes in, and the only (arguable) fan service shots are the intro scenes of the two female leaders in the opening, and maybe Roboko waving her dual-stinger roborump, if we're being technical.

It's always fun to see how people dismiss shows like Zvezda almost automatically despite it's absence of fan service, yet praise shows like Kill La Kill or Wake Up Girls! while ignoring the fan service or lauding the shows fan service notwithstanding.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
This anime is crazy. I found it ironic that an anti-smoking campaign was done by the villains in the show. Kate is basically a loli version of Hitler, especially with how she convinced normal people to do bad stuff just with words.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Lol damn! I didn'texpect Zvezda to touch a subject like smoking at all, much less in the,manner that it did this episode Anime hyper Such a great series. Smokers...CONQUERED! Trouble is brewing though...
tyler.j.kirk.1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
You do NOT Smoke in the presence of the Lady Venera apparently. I loved how easily she managed to get an angry mob going lol. Hail the Over Lady!!!
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
If only every smoker could have a bucket of water dumped on them, followed by the bucket being dropped on their head!
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
In Darker Than Black, November 11 makes the exact same speech about 2nd hand smoke that Yasu gave during the episode preview at the end. It's either a funny nod to DtB, or Tensai Okamura is just strongly anti-smoking.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
That was the most over the top anti-smoking episode evar.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Laughing I loved that! Lady Venera's position on smoking matches mine to a tee. Most vile habit ever.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Laughing I loved that! Lady Venera's position on smoking matches mine to a tee. Most vile habit ever.

I totally agree! Lady Plamya's handling of the driver flicking his cigarette out his car window is exactly what I've always wanted to do! Well, minus the sword and the cigarette exploding.

If I was going to join a group hell bent on taking over the world, Zvezda would definitely be it!
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
ep.3

spoiler[yasu give complain why stuck with potato with jimon give go take a smoke got them both blasting off & oh kate do NOT like smokers so give yasu run away so rest of zvezda take dinner meal area.

til kate a smoker person so rid them so next to conquest rid of all the smokers yet there doing make people start rally against the smokers yet yasu why all this give get water bucket by general give their past they had before.

yet told yasu just run of kate will get ya so give on run til found smoking paradise til zvezda & anti-smokers arrive give smoking strong-up manage stop giant hand of kate & roboto.

give yasu yes for smoking til general coming in give recall memory of them til kate save them so jump back to zvezda side & oh white squad try bomb drop til general toss yasu to stop the bomb.

well everything back to normal give someone get report on zvezda & smoking not yet conquered. ]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Funny seeing this come from an anime, where more than likely everyone is smoking in the office. Once Japan curtails their smoking habit, they'll all live to 130.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
That was the most over the top anti-smoking episode evar.

My school campus recently because smoke free as well. That was quite an intense episode though. I must say, I was quite entertained.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I loved this episode, and after 3 episodes I am now quite confident with this series. As someone who has had annoyance as I have had to hold my breath while passing someone smoking, or even worse when going in the same direction, I can kind of sympathise with the over the top rant. I pretty much feel compelled to be less sympathetic of smokers now. The comedy is great, the repeated joke of a spoiler[bucket dumping water over the head followed by bucket] worked well, at first funny just from the look that the room spoiler[was ejected for probably fire prevention only for the bucket to come out]. Oh, and Kate's transformation spoiler[actually having the girls put the clothes on].

Kate is a great character, I think that I want to get some cool moments with Itsuka also.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11