• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Licenses Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Very psyched and happy to see Fuse finally get licensed. It's a great, underrated film (likely because not many anime fans know about it). I like that they put an accent mark on Fuse to distinguish its pronunciation, but am not too wild about the rewording of its already-given English title. It sounds a little more bada$$ and maybe a little more marketable (the key, sure…), but I wouldn't necessarily categorize her in that fashion and "Memoirs of the Hunter Girl" sounded perfectly fine as is. That aside, I was waiting for this to get picked up and will certainly be looking to snatch this up ASAP (and it should look even more gorgeous on BD, too). I especially like that NISA is releasing it, too, as their releases tend to be top-notch and I am always down for some deluxe program booklets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gwdone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
dtm42 wrote:
HD televisions are pretty cheap now, not that you need one. If all you want to do is watch BRs then a CRT TV is fine. You won't get the HD visuals but you said you don't care about them anyway. If the only way to watch a title is on BR then a CRT or non-HD flatscreen will do fine.

Actually, this guy reminds me of why it might not be possible to watch a film played on a bluray player to a standard def TV:

ThisJustThis wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when it comes to subtitles (NISA hasn't done dubs), DVD subtitles are those huge low-res yellow ones. While the quality of the actual video might not be a big enough difference to justify upgrading from DVD to BD for some people, the subtitles alone are enough of a reason for me. The DVD ones just cover up too much of the image.

My friend and I used to play Halo on his 360 on an old TV, but things on the HUD were illegible. I've got Katanagatari on Bluray, and the type on those subtitles is pretty small. I kind of doubt I would be able to read them on a CRT.

Oh I loved Katanagatari!! The artwork was great and I really liked Togame and her "stratagems". Wonderful packaging in my opinion. I just had to chime in and comment on that title from NIS.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3