• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Damn, this show is amazing with a good mixture balance of drama, action, and comedy. There were more spoiler[flashbacks so it was nice to know even more about our main characters.]

Action was great as usual.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Favaro is gonna have problems getting to Helheim..
We got some flashbacks from his life.
Looks like the events from the past have something to do with present situation.
The attack of the giant crab was interesting.
Friends are so not what they used to be.
The truth came out with a surprise.
Things went sideways fast!
Great episode.]
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[So Kaiser and Favaro were childhood friends, Favaro was the son of the leader of the bandits who ambushed Kaiser's father, and so Kaiser believes Favaro betrayed him.] After last week's episode, I did expect that spoiler[Favaro must have been related to those bandits in some way], but I wouldn't have thought that spoiler[he and Kaiser had been friends beforehand.] That makes the whole thing rather more sad than I was expecting it to be.

As per usual with this show, the action was good. I do really like that Favaro can actually fight competently despite how silly he behaves most of the time. And spoiler[Rita turning the tables by zombifying the ship's crew] was pretty cool, and I don't even really like spoiler[zombies.]

spoiler[Amira and Kaiser are in trouble, and Favaro and Rita were left behind...how are they possibly going to be able to rescue them?]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Another really awesome episode. The reason being that we have spoiler[a pirate fight] that will make you think of Pirates of the Caribbean, a spoiler[pirate crew turned into zombies], and then spoiler[undead pirates fight fish people]. All of these aspects are just cool.

Add in the parts where we found out about how Favaro and Kaiser are connected, being spoiler[childhood friends where Kaiser thinks Favaro betrayed his father]. Really the characters have grown onto me, I was not too fond of Favaro before, but I like him now. Amira has also been very fun, I like how she is kind of off base, she was spoiler[thinking about her stomach all episode for good food, and thought the man might be Favaro's mother].

With spoiler[partners swapped], I am interested how things will go. Also Favaro was spoiler[not at fault as Kaiser thought, so they might make up].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Another great episode. That was pretty tough to get back spoiler[Amira though with the recuse operation. I also give a lot of credit for Favaro for taking risks. OST and action was solid as usual and action was great.]

Ah, the waiting game begins for next week's episode...I can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Favaro went from a ship to a row boat ^^"
It's time to rescue his frenemy & the demon chick.
Bacchus]
sure is a pushover..
spoiler[Favaro made it in just to be confronted by resentful Lidford.
Didn't take much to push him over the edge.
The Orlean knights decided to join in and attack the demons.
Amira sure is a popular demon/girl lately..
Rita came in handy this time a lot!]

Good episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Favaro has definitely earned his spot as a good hero. Seeing Rita's spoiler[hand's bloodied from trying to untie the rope] was cringe worthy, even if she is a zombie. We also saw her spoiler[throw her own arm], so maybe it kind of loses its impact.

Also some epic battle scenes. I hope we will have a bigger part of what Jeanne brings. Still a spoiler[zombie dragon] is another thing that gets extra points. How did Rita recognise spoiler[the demon]?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 4

Another really awesome episode. The reason being that we have spoiler[a pirate fight] that will make you think of Pirates of the Caribbean, a spoiler[pirate crew turned into zombies], and then spoiler[undead pirates fight fish people]. All of these aspects are just cool.

No, the cool part was Ebirah the Sea Monster {they turned it into a crab but kept the boiled red color, makes sense since it was giant... I want to say Shrimp. Crayfish? Lobster? Guy in a suit?} being turned in to a giant crab zombie. Giant zombie crab. Zombie giant crab? That was just so stupid it was brilliant.

Oh Rita, she can turn the world with a smile and a mouth full of teeth.

Sure, it may be based on a card game but somebody at some point who's obviously a movie lover got involved. The Creature from the Black Lagoon's extended family versus a Romero Zombie Pirate The Movie. Wow.

I'd watch it.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
And another exciting episode. Rita was great again, both for entertainment (her scenes with Hamsa) and for being awesome (spoiler[zombie rocket punch, zombie dragon]).

Now that spoiler[all four of them are together], I really hope that Favaro spoiler[keeps the promise he made this episode and doesn't run and that he and Kaisar are able to settle things between them.] Though I also hope that spoiler["settling things" actually consists of them talking to one another at some point, and not just swordfighting.]

Since the next episode is called "Legendary Saint", maybe we'll be getting more info on Jeanne. And also on that guy in her army (his name is Lavalley, right?) who spoiler[seems to have the same pendant as Amira.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Jeanne is quite an interesting character huh? Well if spoiler[she's confident that she can stop the Bahamut...] I don't doubt that it could be an instrument for the destruction of the world.

It was interesting to see the spoiler[Angels again this episode too. In fact, with all this buildup, I just know something big will happen soon with every character involved. Great episode again.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Everyone spoiler[got caught.
Amira sure has interesting powers.
Favaro showed off his tail ROFL]

He's not gonna get out of that deal so easily.
Helheim is the place where he's gonna end up eventually.
Info about spoiler[Bahamut] was interesting.
The spoiler[mystery man remains an enigma until next time *sigh*]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Right when Favaro and Kaisar are lettspoiler[ing some of their tension go with a playful fork vs knife battle, they have to be slapped by Rita throwing her arm]. Honestly they were seriously lucky that they spoiler[were spared, and as far as being a prisoner is concerned it was not bad].

Jeanne even seems like an interesting character, she even spoiler[sees that there might be more to Favaro's existence than one would think, which of course he will be the true knight to stop Bahamut]. I was afraid that she might be more stick in the mud, but with how she relates to faith, what she has and what others have in her, I think she might work out. Note to self, in the story doesn't the spoiler[king sell Jeanne out]?

With how this presented it in this episode, I think there was a good point of something has kept my attention without noticing, trying to understand Favaro. Sometimes he acts incredibly typical that you could see him as just a selfish person, but spontaneously he will do something different. As he shrugs off that the Bahamut thing had nothing to do with him, I wonder actually how much he does thing. It could be seen as a little spoiler[cruel that he went on about the curse and would not help Amira], but it was probably the safest decision right there for her too.

Also, we have confirmation Amira spoiler[is half-angel and half-demon, and if the mysterious person is her father, and he is the man we have often seen next to Jeanne, he could be an angel watching their vessel].
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I really like Jeanne. She's the good kind of pious person, the one that lets their faith motivate and strength themselves, without using it to bludgeon or diminish others.

Quote:
With how this presented it in this episode, I think there was a good point of something has kept my attention without noticing, trying to understand Favaro. Sometimes he acts incredibly typical that you could see him as just a selfish person, but spontaneously he will do something different.

My impression of him is that he is a good person, but also a selfish and pragmatic person, so he doesn't tend to want to go out of his way for others unless it's really important, but if it really is important then you can count on him to do the right thing. He's the sort that might never turn up to help you move, but would help you bury a body.

Quote:
Also, we have confirmation Amira. . .

An interesting theory there. The other shoe that has yet to drop here is, if both the king of heaven and the king of hell sacrificed themselves to seal Bahamut and protect the world, then there seem to be both factions of heaven and hell that want to reverse this and free him. What is their practical goal in this, what would they stand to gain?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
An interesting theory there. The other shoe that has yet to drop here is, if both the king of heaven and the king of hell sacrificed themselves to seal Bahamut and protect the world, then there seem to be both factions of heaven and hell that want to reverse this and free him. What is their practical goal in this, what would they stand to gain?

So her true spoiler[destiny could be to help return the two leaders back, and she happened to discover the hero. An could gave something to do with her origin.]
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Geeez why not just drop a big sign with stroboscope on screen saying "FAVARO IS THE HOLY KNIGHT", at least it'd be a bit faster.

spoiler[So the king is going to sell out Jeanne cause he's jealous of her support, which absolutely makes no sense whatsoever considering she's the only things stopping giant monster from overrunning his city, but you know king = evil.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7