• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Videos Preview Animation, Theme Songs

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
Yep, which means a high chance of them doing Crystal Super S, which I look forward to.
lonelyboy901

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Yep, which means a high chance of them doing Crystal Super S, which I look forward to.

I seriously think that's a given, a complete manga adaptation. The first two seasons, despite being dissapointing, sold well by TOEI standarts, and the amount o merch coming with them is tremendous. It is still quite profitable. I think the third season will be a success with this more trendy look and all, so they will continue, as long as Naoko is happy.
TheDopeOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
I actually Liked the first 2 seasons. Though maybe that's because it was such a long time since I had seen Sailor Moon.

I Will agree with them being rushed a bit though. Hopefully this 3rd season will be great, the art style change seems to be in everyone's favor (Though personally I liked the Regular style >.>).

PS. Anyone who says the new Opening is better than Moon Pride is flat out Lying. lol.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:40 pm Reply with quote
@ TheDopeOtaku

I also have been enjoying watching Crystal thus far. I see it as a more fast pace, no filler, movie OVA type and its wonderful for me. Also appreciate being more faithful to the manga, as that give me more new material to watch.

For the new season, I wish the ending the OP. The current is more for an ending theme to me. Moon Pride and the new ED theme has that upbeat vibe I dig in an OP. Besides some stuff here and there for the new style, I dig both styles. But the cats took the hit most for me. Even the old anime had them more round and cute than the supposedly cute new style.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:
Also, how was ANN able to get a way to talk with Toei?

You're joking right? We know over a dozen people at Toei in PR/marketing, production, licensing and executive management.

Just yesterday I had drinks with the precure producer. It was the first time I met this particular producer, but far from the first time I've hung out socially with people at Toei.

Anyways, as Crystal pointed out, any professional press doing their job properly could have gotten the information. No special contacts needed.

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tempest on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
jr240483 wrote:
though the bigger surprise is that they haven't given any of the chapters from the short stories manga their own OVA at least. especially one involving luna which was my favorite.

They may not bother re-adapting the Luna story since it was already done by the 90s anime in movie form.

true. but like with the original series it wasnt completely faithful towards the manga version. also its the same for the other short stories too. they too should also get OVA versions as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
laceblade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
So many great visuals, and I really loved the ending's exclusive focus on Uranus/Neptune.
I stopped watching in s1 because the poor animation quality got to be too much for me, but based on these videos & my love for the Infinity arc, I think I'll be trying again!
SolarDor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Amara Tenoh wrote:
Also, how was ANN able to get a way to talk with Toei?

You're joking right? We know over a dozen people at Toei in PR/marketing, production, licensing and executive management.

Just yesterday I had drinks with the precure producer. It was the first time I met this particular producer, but far from the first time I've hung out socially with people at Toei.

Anyways, as Crystal pointed out, any professional press doing their job properly could have gotten the information. No special contacts needed.

Rolling Eyes

Thank you! Seriously, what is with these young Millennials who think they have to credentials to both call BS on the ingenuity of published statements and also to opine in a fashion that contains poor evidential support? It's ludicrous and entitled.

Anyways, thank you for being present at this event, and thank you for reporting.

It seems as if this season has a viable budget. The footage I've seen tells me somebody that deeply cares about the classic anime series and also the manga has a hand in the creation of this Arc, and I dearly hope this proves consistent for all thirteen episodes. The opening, the trailer, and the ending just completely blow my mind, due both to the extreme increase in quality and the heightened sense of sentimentality.

I must say, though I trudged through the inconsistent first two seasons with equally inconsistent enjoyment, I find this season might be downright memorable. Will it top the original S series? In a lot of ways, I think yes! And, this is why a series should be remade, in the first place. A series should not be remade unless it can clearly top the precedent, am I right? Think Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Ok, we might learn that is not quite a perfect analogy in terms of quality increase, but you understand my sentiment.

May Uranus and Neptune truly obliterate my gay A$$!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3