• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inside the English Dub Premiere of Digimon Adventure Tri

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rokk3000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:22 am Reply with quote
I enjoy both subbed and English dubbed anime, and liked the first season of Digimon when it came out. I enjoyed the first eight episodes (movies 1-2) of tri subbed, so I showed my support by attending the showing in Regina. The theatre was about 2/3 full, not bad considering the premium price charged for the tickets. It seems like most of those attending were fans but had not seen tri subbed. I thought the script and voicing were well done. The dub clarified a couple of things that didn't make much sense in the sub translation I had seen. A lot of people left at the start of the credits but I stayed for the extra scene, as did a dozen or so others. We didn't get a trailer for the third movie though.

I do wish the writers hadn't seen it necessary to reprise the Matt/Tai arguments from the first season or to make Tai so indecisive, but the overall story was good. And I certainly have no complaints about the dubbing - not even the replacement VA's. I'm hoping for a quality bluray dual audio release of Digimon season 1 as well as the tri movies, and would buy both. I hope the second movie will also get an English dub release in the theatres.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Great news about hearing the fans enjoying themselves with the premiere of the English dub and now we wait to hear for the official release date for the Blu-ray/DVD and then wait for Determination and Confession to come get the release dates to theaters in the west as well.
C-MC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
Wingbeats wrote:
For me, the only two distractingly different VAs was Joe and Gabumon - Gabumon especially. Gabumon's voice is hard to mimic, for sure, but it sounded so different compared to the other digimon that it threw me off. I liked everyone else a lot, and hearing Tai, Izzy, the other Digimon, and "Prodigious!" just gave me all sorts of sappy wonderful feelings. I'm so glad they came back, it really made it special.

In Boise, the theater was about half full.
Gabmon/Gaurumon/WereGarurumon/MetalGarurumon's VA is the same one as the original (Kirk Thornton)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3