• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiss Him, Not Me (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:32 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I did go through a brief BL phase in my college days but I'm not so into it now. lol

So what they say about college girls experimenting is true? Anime catgrin

Fujoshi tend to be looked down as pretty lowly by the rest of the otakudom, but I have mostly come to the feeling that as long as no one is being hurt, it is fine. We maybe show our love of ships in different ways, but we are all otaku, which makes me think of the very funny but where one of the boys made the foolish decision of saying the princess was the OTP with the master.

Going off on the topic, I think that I can appreciate fujoshi stuff, although I don't really tend to get behind the ships myself. Although I do weirdly often support "girly boy" characters (there is a more common name, but it is a little offensive), it has made me really question myself at times.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:21 am Reply with quote
As long as everybody understands that it's Blood- x DuskyPredator and NOT DuskyPredator x Blood-, it's all good. Wink
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
So what they say about college girls experimenting is true?

Lol some of them I guess. Anime hyper I made three fujoshi friends when I entered college. Now, I already was aware of yaoi thanks to Gundam Wing and the internet. But I never really went looking for it because I was worried my parents would freak out and yell at me. So my friends were like "HERE TRY THIS!! AND THIS! AND THIS!" and I sampled some their collection. The first title I watched and read was Yami No Matsuei and....I loved it. And to this day, I still love it. TsuzukixHisoka is my BL OTP. Unlike a LOT of older titles, their relationship is so healthy and they are good for each other, plus VERY cute (talk about the Odd Couple). I will always ship them.

However when I look back on Gravitation (which is most fujoshis' gateway BL) I've realized how terrible it is as a romance title. The music is still good as well as the comedy and I like some of the side characters but the two leads are awful. Shuuichi is needy and whiny and Yuki treats him like total crap outside of the bedroom and the relationship between the two is rushed and poorly written. But when you're a teenager, you don't think about these things at all. You go "OOH LOOK. PRETTY GUYS ARE KISSING. HAWT!" lol

Quote:
but we are all otaku, which makes me think of the very funny but where one of the boys made the foolish decision of saying the princess was the OTP with the master.

xD That's why he's my fave!! So innocent ♥

Quote:
As long as everybody understands that it's Blood- x DuskyPredator and NOT DuskyPredator x Blood-, it's all good.

I loled Anime hyper
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Senpai is still best boy. Kae should date him.

Or I'll date him and she can watch.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I thought that it was funny. My favourite bit was Kae channelling otaku knowledge and using a "academic prowess" charm instead of a protection against evil charm that was also being used. Also the girls get bothered hearing the boys in the bath, I really like when those things are reversed. Which kind of reminds me of, I guess another series where the girl is an otaku.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, the infamous poison mushroom gambit. Another fun episode. I liked the reaction the guys had when they saw the historically accurate picture of the Lord and mentally compared it to the anime version.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Omg....the shoujo cliches....so many of them....but all the good ones.

THAT CPR KISS WAS SO HOT. Can't deny it. Anime hyper It was drawn SO beautifully. But it does bother me a little than Nishina still has that attitude when someone's life could be on the line. That's kind of messed up. : /

Speaking of which, she and Nana do make a really great team (not as a a ship) against Igarashi. And I loved the pillow fight. Anime hyper
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Another funny episode. Nanashima with his imouto was very cute. Nana's fever-induced incident with Kae felt a little more rapey than seemed necessary, but, sigh, anime. And sad to say I bet there really are weirdos who act like that creepy trio at the live show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote
What is cooler than a guy who will go in a dress and dance a magical girl dance? Well Nanashma does not seem to see it that way, but luckily Kae sure does.

I think it was to the credit that he tried doing the same grabbing a guy who walked in, he was really out of it, too bad Kae did not get to see that. I actually thought it a bit funny that his fantasies were not too far off from being a bit otaku like. He is watches kid anime, and I think he was fighting with Kae in an earlier episode over a sports anime, so maybe he is not as mismatch as he thinks.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
BEST EPISODE YET. ♥

Nana is amazing. His little sis was so cute. Him dancing with his little sis was so cute. I loved that he seems to actually REALLY love Puri Moon himself and wasn't dancing with her just to be nice to her. Anime hyper It just melted my heart.

Shino's getting the spotlight next! Yae :3

Quote:
Nana's fever-induced incident with Kae felt a little more rapey than seemed necessary, but, sigh, anime.

They had to make it look scary from Kae's point of view so we would understand her trauma from it.

There are shoujo manga where the guy acts like that on purpose because he's filled with lust and ugh....compared to that kind of crap, Nana's delirious case was refreshing, to say the least. Also that he did it to Igarashi was very LOL and softened the situation.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 11:

LOL, this sibling rivalry is getting amusing. The funniest part I found was that card battle they had (with Yugioh references like trap cards). I think the finale will continue this sort of love triangle between those two brothers as Kazuma makes his confession.

I just find it also kinda amusing that Kae is in the middle of all this.

Kazuma is still such a womanizer though, literally almost all the girls in his class is fangirling over him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
KAZUMA PISSED ME OFF. Twisted Evil

It's good they were able to reconcile with me but taking advantage of your little brother's trauma IS LOW. It was downright cruel. And a STUDENT TEACHER should be more mature than that!! And acting like he can do whatever he wants with girls....sexually harrassing my poor Shino....embarrassing the crap out of Nishina by using her fanfic against her....man he just struck ALL the wrong chords with me. I was getting really angry. Screw off, Kazuma. He IS a demon!

Nana is the only nii-san in this show who doesn't act like an asshat to his siblings.

Congrats to Mutsumi-senpai....now what is gonna happen with the harem.... Shocked
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:21 am Reply with quote
Yeah, gotta agree that Kazuma is a massive turd. However, at least his presence has forced Mutsumi to acknowledge that he wants to give Serinuma a big, slurpy tongue bath.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
BLOOD!!

Why you gotta make nice things so vulgar and crude? Confused

Speaking of which....it's utterly hilarious how they make Mutsumi look like a perv in the ED theme when he is the least perverted guy on the show. Anime hyper

Kae's got the measuring tape all wrapped around her and he's right over her shoulder like "OOH BOOBIES!!"

WTF, show. Anime hyper (it makes me laugh though)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:00 am Reply with quote
I think that the show was having him just want to make his brother say what he wants, while he had been annoyed at feeling guilty by his younger brother just wanting others to be happy. But it was a crappy way to act. I do tease my younger siblings. I am sure with a holiday I just came back from I even annoyed my sister by continuously correcting things, essentially a practically a lot "I told you so" that she hated hearing, although I was making sure she realised that I warned it. But nothing so much as locking a sibling in a closet, that is cruel. And he hit the weak spots on the other characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4