• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Launches Kickstarter Campaign to Dub Emma: A Victorian Romance, Release Blu-ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:15 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
Yes I gave $1, was I suppose to do something after the campaign ended.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-aria-the-animation/posts/2043159
This update gave the details of the slacker backer. It should have been emailed to all backers by kickstarter. You could go to your account and purchase Season 1,2,3 and the book (you can still do 2,3 and the book)

We also emailed everyone from our system informing them of the impending shipment, for address changes, and that the slacker backer was ending for Season 1. Is it possible this all went to spam, from our system and from kickstarter's system? We gave numerous updates and opportunity, so I would like to know if there's something we missed.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:21 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Shar Aznabull wrote:
I passed on the Aria Kickstarter, but I'm definitely considering this. I love the manga but never watched the anime, partly because the lack of a dub for it. (Psst, if you want to launch a Kickstarter for a Dirty Pair TV dub I'd back it without thinking twice)

Every one of these we do that is highly successful helps me to make others happen...

You can check out the episode subtitled on CR. Just to see if you like the styling/story.

Let me ask, what about the people from the european market? This series is set in europe and there is a bit of fanbase from both the uk and other territories ( im in the later) is there any way to get this region b accessible as well?
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:29 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:
Yes I gave $1, was I suppose to do something after the campaign ended.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160939828/lets-dub-aria-the-animation/posts/2043159
This update gave the details of the slacker backer. It should have been emailed to all backers by kickstarter. You could go to your account and purchase Season 1,2,3 and the book (you can still do 2,3 and the book)

We also emailed everyone from our system informing them of the impending shipment, for address changes, and that the slacker backer was ending for Season 1. Is it possible this all went to spam, from our system and from kickstarter's system? We gave numerous updates and opportunity, so I would like to know if there's something we missed.

I get news updates from the Aria Kickstarter but nothing about slacker Backer. I got them when I bought Clannad Visual Novel.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
I get news updates from the Aria Kickstarter but nothing about slacker Backer. I got them when I bought Clannad Visual Novel.

Was in update #47 and update #72. Plus 2 emails we sent to your email address on file. Not sure what you mean that you got updates from us when you bought something else.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Let me ask, what about the people from the european market? This series is set in europe and there is a bit of fanbase from both the uk and other territories ( im in the later) is there any way to get this region b accessible as well?

Licensor was specific that we could only do Region A. I would prefer to add the other region myself. I will ask again, but don't expect a different response. Perhaps you can get access to a region free player?
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:

Was in update #47 and update #72. Plus 2 emails we sent to your email address on file. Not sure what you mean that you got updates from us when you bought something else.[/quote]

I just got update #77 this morning, When I get home I will look if I got those two update email I never empty my email trash. but I never got anything from you. I also can't log into Kickstarter until I get home.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Licensor was specific that we could only do Region A. I would prefer to add the other region myself. I will ask again, but don't expect a different response. Perhaps you can get access to a region free player?

Well primarily i wanted information if an increased in funding might lead to accessibility into other regions but i understand that the licensing agreements are a complicated issues and normally they would involve a different contract for distribution outside of the America's into different regions. However i do want to point out that there is a demand in the European market as well and should be taken under advisement if both parties are still in negotiations, Thank you.
Kicchu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I backed the early riser $95 tier. I haven't watched the anime yet ( I do have all the lovely hardcover manga, though ), but I always thought this was something my mom would enjoy with me since she's a fan of period pieces. I also backed Aria and love how it sounds and looks, so I'm looking forward to finally seeing Emma, too. Though it's probably too much to hope for a Sweet Blue Flowers dub, huh? ^^;
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:
shawnek wrote:
How do you know we won't use UK actors?

If there is one thing I beg of you, it is to disprove our current fears. Existing precedents instil little by the way of hope.

I do not make shitty dubs.

This made my day! I laughed so hard. The Dark Lord has spoken!
wilsonwilson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:51 pm Reply with quote
already backed, glad Emma was next after aria
dragonmastr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Shawne: Do you know if the release will have locked subtitles? Not a dealbreaker for me, but still something I'm very curious about. Also what exactly is "Emma's Journal" going to be?

Did Aria have locked subitltes? (hint)

Just checked my Aria blu-ray. The Setup menu gives you four options: English 2.0, English 5.1, Japanese 2.0 with Yellow Subtiles, and Japanese 2.0 with White Subtiles. You can't explicitly turn subtitles on or off in the setup menu, however you can freely change the audio and subtitle options via the remote while the video is playing.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
I just got update #77 this morning, When I get home I will look if I got those two update email I never empty my email trash. but I never got anything from you. I also can't log into Kickstarter until I get home.

I just read update #47 I remember reading this post at least the first part. I don't remember "So how do I buy this stuf?" being their before. I tried the coupon code in my Rightstuf account and it worked. Its fine about season 1 I wasn't really interested in the Kickstarter version once the campaige ended. Whats the survey a few of the posts are talking about, was I suppose to get an email from Rightstuf?
I get emails from Kickstarter about Aria. but you said Rightstuf sends emails also? Its not in my Spam that I check often. I sent you a PM with my email address.

Last edited by chrisc1978 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:52 am; edited 6 times in total
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Coup d'État wrote:
As an European, I don't really want to do US-based kickstarters. It's never worth it with shipping, I don't own a credit card (not very common here, actually) and I don't really like companies using crowd funding in the first place.

That being said, I'd still buy a set if it comes to rightstuf. The manga is very cute! I'm not thrilled about British people being voiced by Americans, but I don't really need a dub in the first place, I guess. Also: upscale?
I still prefer BD over DVD, if only for longer lasting discs, but still.

*edit* Actually, international shipping isn't so bad! Not bad at all. I'm just used to worse, I guess.

Just be warned that the blu ray is region A and won’t work on a European player.
^Also, can y’all please edit your replies so you don’t keep making endless chains? It’s not that hard...
Bisuketto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I backed Aria when it was available (received the discs a couple weeks back).

I also just backed this one as well--Definitely looking forward to what will be presented.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:

Always here, chiming in if there is something I can contribute. Was one of the very first people on this site when it was started...

Wow! O_O

shawnek wrote:
We do have episodes on Crunchyroll - http://www.crunchyroll.com/emma-a-victorian-romance if you want to give the show a watch. I'd like to say you'd enjoy it if you like similar stuff.

I think I do have an interest in period pieces but I am not entirely sure if I like the Historic genre enough to consider it my favorite so far, but I do like a good romance. With that said thanks for the link. Smile I was aware that the anime is available on crunchyroll, but I was thinking of trying out the manga first when I get around to it. Either way I would be sure to get around to Emma before the dub is release.

shawnek wrote:
Totebag tier is already gone - they are really nice and came from the producers in Japan! But there are plenty of other great options. Hope you'll back our project!

I see! So either if I did have more money to spare I would not have made it in time. I learn of this kickstarter around 2 something in the afternoon when I arrived home from work when I was on twitter about to respond to comments from my online friend. I can imagine they looks really nice. I kind of would like to see what they looked like.

Anyway, I am stick going to back this project of yours regardless. I am thinking about backing the $95 tier but being that it has "early riser" mention I wonder if I am too late for that either. If that is the case there are the other options. My main concern or focus is to at least get a Blue-ray of this show with the English dub (the other stuff being bonuses).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6