• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Pokémon Horizons: The Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
We're getting a bit off-topic here.

I fully agreed with this statement, & I will apologize if I slightly go off-topic. Anyway, I believe Pokemon should be given both a simulcast and subtitled release in the US given that other children anime having seen release in the US have been since given Japanese audio option, and the benefit of English subtitles/closed captioning that's been proven to help young kids with their reading skills/abilities. Simulcast has already worked with a lot of anime in the US, so I'm not sure why Pokemon International USA and Nintendo aren't cashing on the simulcast and subtitled game like the rest of the anime industry has done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nipasu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:10 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Errinundra wrote:
We're getting a bit off-topic here.

I fully agreed with this statement, & I will apologize if I slightly go off-topic. Anyway, I believe Pokemon should be given both a simulcast and subtitled release in the US given that other children anime having seen release in the US have been since given Japanese audio option, and the benefit of English subtitles/closed captioning that's been proven to help young kids with their reading skills/abilities.

How many of the subbed kids' content is being dubbed? I think Chibi Maruko Chan is slated for a dub, but I don't know any other shows that got English releases.

As for Pokémon Horizons, is it only on Netflix in the USA? Is Pokémon still on Disney Anime hyper?
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 am Reply with quote
Nipasu wrote:

How many of the subbed kids' content is being dubbed? I think Chibi Maruko Chan is slated for a dub, but I don't know any other shows that got English releases.

As for Pokémon Horizons, is it only on Netflix in the USA? Is Pokémon still on Disney Anime hyper?

Pokemon Horizons is being streamed only on Netflix in the USA, no other streaming sites has it, I take it that you missed this report.

And I'm not going to go further off-topic, but check your Private message Nipasu, I answered and add details to whatever you said on your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3