• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood+ (TV) (Dub, adult swim).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I have to say, this is probably the most violent anime series that adult swim has shown yet. It's really good , and that kiss Saya and that guy had was sort of hot. [But is there some romance developing between her and Kai? [They're not blood related after all]. I’m probably just imagining things. All in all, the animation has that smooth look to it. I really like the character designs. And as for the story, I'm looking forward on seeing how it develops. I loved it, makes me kind of glad that Trinity Blood is off air. [really glad actually]

[This is a bit OT , but about the violence, obviously [ I could be wrong though], Adult Swim [Bleach, Blood+] and IFC [Basilisk/Gunslinger girls] are competing against each other.

You guys know the black and white messages that Adult Swim had[s]. Where they would say stuff as if they were talking to you [or for comical purposes] . Recently, I saw a copycat in IFC saying "Yeah, we have anime too." "only it's uncut" something like that. Then, adult swim changed their disclaimer from fourteen to seventeen [Bleach and Eureka] .
Bloody Marie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quote
I want to know waht hapened before Saya gets to Rusia. I understand that something hapened in Vietman, and that she is a quiropter, right? How did that happend? Who is Diva? And what is Hadji?
Moobkrad

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm not going anywhere near the English for this one. After viewing it all in Japanese. I don't think I'll handle the English dubs.

Although, I know Freeman is always cool with his voice roles. But the others? .... ... ... No comment.
samven582

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:36 am Reply with quote
spoiler[I just notice something in the new op. Thats there is arabic surround the Shif Does it have any siginificant meaning to the story?]
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
Bloody Marie wrote:
I want to know waht hapened before Saya gets to Rusia. I understand that something hapened in Vietman, and that she is a quiropter, right? How did that happend? Who is Diva? And what is Hadji?

Either go buy the DVDs or catch some re-runs.

Moobkrad wrote:
Although, I know Freeman is always cool with his voice roles.

Crispin Freeman, FTW! It took my a while to get used to Saya's voice, but other than that, I see no problems with the dub.

Anyway, I agree with KAtchan15, Blood+ is probably Adult Swim's most violent series to date. Almost every episode has an extra "extreme graphic violence" warning. So far, the Russia arc is my favorite, but I don't think I'll be able to get past that point since I don't have a TV anymore. (College bites.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness this series moved into the weekday line-up.
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote
How many episodes have been aired in the US? I think it premiered far later in Latin America and we've already seen the full 50 episodes (the spanish dub is near excellent, my only gripe was the gay name they gave to the Shields -> Gentuza.. Ugh).

I thought the series was going to be a generic horror but after the Vietnam arc it turns completly around and becomes a drama (much to my pleasure). The animation is great for a series that has so many episodes and the ending was pretty good. Leaves things open for a sequel. spoiler[I'm only sad that Kai didn't choose to drink Diva's blood when she offered it to him and become a Chevelier for the sheer coolness of being one.]

Oh, and the 4th OP song sucks.
freezespell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote
I just saw the new episode tonight and it appears spoiler[the episode 23 curse strikes yet again with the death of Riku(if he's really dead and I'm guessing he is). Originally, I thought it was going to be Haji but he made it to the end alive. Oh, well, nice knowing you. *lays a Dr. Pepper near his dead body*]

On a side note, near the end of the episode, I saw a butterfly trapped in a spider's web with the spider ready to eat it. Could that be a possible Trigun reference or is it just coincidence?
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
freezespell wrote:
I just saw the new episode tonight and it appears spoiler[the episode 23 curse strikes yet again with the death of Riku(if he's really dead and I'm guessing he is). Originally, I thought it was going to be Haji but he made it to the end alive. Oh, well, nice knowing you. *lays a Dr. Pepper near his dead body*]

On a side note, near the end of the episode, I saw a butterfly trapped in a spider's web with the spider ready to eat it. Could that be a possible Trigun reference or is it just coincidence?

Ouch, CN has only shown episode 23?

spoiler[Riku doesn't die in that episode. Kai encourages Saya to give Riku her blood and he becomes Saya's Chevelier.]
pinoyfreestyler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
Wahoo, it looks like Blood+ will finish by this Thursday (Animax-Asia Philippines).

So yeah, for those in the Philippines, don't forget to tune in to Animax for Episodes 49 and 50 of Blood+ (Official English dub by Bang Zoom for Sony Pictures Television International).

All times are Philippine timezone (GMT+8)
Final two episodes
September 27, 7 pm-8pm

Replays:
September 27, 11pm-12am
September 28, 1pm-2pm
September 30, 12nn-1pm
September 30, 11:30pm-12:30am

So for Filipino fans of Blood+, don't miss the airing of the final two episodes on these dates. Smile
emory

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Bang Zoom didn't do the dub.
squarepusher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Bloody Marie wrote:

Chiroptera, I guess that because i am watching the subbed i have to read it all the time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
cutiepie123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote
blood+ is my fav show on adult swim if it is yours post what you like about if you don't post what you don't like about it who is your fav charcter who's your least you don't have to do all these things if you don't want to i dont really mind
abominaSion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Bood+ one my favorite anime ruined by spoilers, But here's a question someone might have the knowledge to answer.
Where does Saya get her last name from, I'm guessing that, that does not reveal itself in later episodes.
also who played Saya in the ova(dub and sub), I lnow it wasn't Kari Wahlgren.
cutiepie123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
wow good point
Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7