• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viewtiful Joe TV Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to agree with you there. I'd much rather see an anime series based on the Biohazard/R.E games. I believe that series has more of a deeper storyline to it, that is ripe to be exploited. I'd like to see the T-Virus outbreak through different eyes, and learn more about Umbrella. Devil May Cry is even more, if not just as worthy to have the same treatment.

VJ series should be action comedy and with todays use of CG and anime, this will most likely do the same and give it that 2D-3D edge the game has. I'll be keeping an eye on this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:25 pm Reply with quote
It looks like they'll be using the same crappy cell shading technique that they used in SD Gundam...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
anime_kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:32 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
It looks like they'll be using the same crappy cell shading technique that they used in SD Gundam...
all man. cant they just use cell shading backgrounds.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Onizuka666 wrote:
I'd have to agree with you there. I'd much rather see an anime series based on the Biohazard/R.E games. I believe that series has more of a deeper storyline to it, that is ripe to be exploited. I'd like to see the T-Virus outbreak through different eyes, and learn more about Umbrella. Devil May Cry is even more, if not just as worthy to have the same treatment.

VJ series should be action comedy and with todays use of CG and anime, this will most likely do the same and give it that 2D-3D edge the game has. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Arn't you satisfied with the RE movie"s". What more do you want. What more.

the_soultaker wrote:
lyricaldanichan wrote:
That would be funny if they got Limp Bizkit to do the OP! Even better if they could get Fred Durst to play Joe.

If there is a god,Durst wouldn't get to sing/rap again, ever! Twisted Evil

What's wrong with fred durst? Why do you hate everything that was once popular.
MugenKeiji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:16 am Reply with quote
No...no and no. Dee Bradley Baker IS Joe, hands down. Fred Durst may look the part but he shouldn't do Joe's voice (should Tokyopop pick this up, we just might see it happen. These people got Reel Big Fish to do songs for RAVE for chrissakes) in the voiceover industry looking the part doesn't count as part of suiting a character. I mean I'd rather have Joe sounding like his old playful manchild self living a fantasy than just sounding like a man strictly playing hero (similarly people said this of the Dragon Ball dub).

That's just me though.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:29 am Reply with quote
darkhunter: The RE movies may unintentionally come off as cartoons, but that doesn't make them anime.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:38 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
Onizuka666 wrote:

Arn't you satisfied with the RE movie"s". What more do you want. What more.

the_soultaker wrote:
lyricaldanichan wrote:
That would be funny if they got Limp Bizkit to do the OP! Even better if they could get Fred Durst to play Joe.

If there is a god,Durst wouldn't get to sing/rap again, ever! Twisted Evil

What's wrong with fred durst? Why do you hate everything that was once popular.

It's not really a matter of hating "everything" that was once popular. If that was the case, i would hate on Resident evil,Cowboy Bebop,Ninja Scroll,Evangelion..you get where i'm coming from? But Dragon Ball Z, blows regardless of it's popularity. As Flava flav once said; "Don't believe the hype".

Now in Durst's case, he sorely lacks talent and Limp Biskit sucks plain and simple. "I did it all for the nookie"? Oh yeah, that's a real rap/rock band. Rolling Eyes To put it bluntly; he's a hack. and should you disagree further,why don't you take a listen to that godawful "chocalate Hot dogs and Starfish" CD. Razz

The defense rests.

Last edited by the_soultaker on Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MugenKeiji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:14 am Reply with quote
I thought it was "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water", but hey I suck at music so what would I know?
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:44 am Reply with quote
MugenKeiji wrote:
I thought it was "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water", but hey I suck at music so what would I know?

BINGO! you are correct, it was Chocolate Starfish and Hot dog Flavored Water. (The CD's title was so weak, that it was forgetable. Wink ) Anyways,while where on the subject of Game based Animes or vice versa, here's a game that i'm looking forward to. And For a MSRP of $19.99,it's a decent investment.Unfortunetly IMHO the said Game's Anime leaves much to be desired. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3