• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Highschool of the Dead (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 am Reply with quote
Kruszer, you need to embark on a journey and acquire more experience. I know of a old man who seeks a holy relic. But in order to approach the old man, you must appease the guards that protect his castle. But the guards only want the meat taken from a young tiger bear. But only the beggar near the Well of Montegui knows where the bears roam. But the location of the well can only be found by finding the hidden mist groves that only the fairies of the syplish tree know. To find those trees you mus..............(12 connecting quest later)..........nd then the Duck of Mayhem must be placed upon the Beaver of Order. Take these 5 apples. You will need them.

Anyways, The Anime ends around the end of Volume 4 or beginning of 5. Can't remember off hand. But the manga has only just gotten into the 6th volume (4 or 5 chapters into volume 6 I believe) right now because the manga went on hiatus for a while. So unless the anime makes it's own story (ala 90's 26 episode series), we probably won't get a season 2 for a while.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:48 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Anyways, The Anime ends around the end of Volume 4 or beginning of 5. Can't remember off hand. But the manga has only just gotten into the 6th volume (4 or 5 chapters into volume 6 I believe) right now because the manga went on hiatus for a while. So unless the anime makes it's own story (ala 90's 26 episode series), we probably won't get a season 2 for a while.

End of volume 4 (chapter 17). Volume 5 starts off in the mall, which the very end end of volume 4 showed to be the group's next stop after leaving Takagi's parent's compound.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Kruszer, you need to embark on a journey and acquire more experience. I know of a old man who seeks a holy relic. But in order to approach the old man, you must appease the guards that protect his castle. But the guards only want the meat taken from a young tiger bear. But only the beggar near the Well of Montegui knows where the bears roam. But the location of the well can only be found by finding the hidden mist groves that only the fairies of the syplish tree know. To find those trees you mus..............(12 connecting quest later)..........nd then the Duck of Mayhem must be placed upon the Beaver of Order. Take these 5 apples. You will need them.

Damn, can't I just use Dominate Mind to make the guards give me their items and jump off the sky bridge or just kill them with my lightsaber? It gives you Darkside points but it's faster. Twisted Evil
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
TatsuGero23 wrote:

Damn, can't I just use Dominate Mind to make the guards give me their items and jump off the sky bridge or just kill them with my lightsaber? It gives you Darkside points but it's faster. Twisted Evil

And funnier, the thought it was faster too.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
TatsuGero23 wrote:

Well see, if you do that, you gotta roll a D20 for a karma check to see if the guards accidently drop the keys off the bridge as they try to give them to you or if you accidentally melt them with your saber. At your current level you gotta roll 8 under. But luckily there is quest to boost your roll threshold! All you have to do is visit the mountain cleric to the east. But the path is blocked by boulder gerbils and the only way to get through is with either the Gauntlet of Smashy-Smashy or tails of rock snakes. The gauntlets give you +3 smashing while the tails are useful on other creatures. Both can be found in the west but first you must forge a diamond earwig to give to the ranger who has a ship that can cross the acid lake to reach the island where the snakes inhabit or where you can slay the fire elephant that carries the gauntlets. But the ranger is resist to male characters; snake tails can only be obtained with a porcelain spoon; and the fire elephant only comes out on Tuesdays. Otherwise you'll only find pigeon rats who only drop the Mittens of Squeezy-Squeezy.
kuromeru-kitsune

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Alright, so by the looks of it people are probably not paying much attention to this thread anymore. However, if anyone else is reading: What are your thoughts about whether or not season two will be coming along?

Last edited by kuromeru-kitsune on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
hipnox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 pm Reply with quote
kuromeru-kitsune wrote:
Alright, so by the looks of it people are probably not paying much attention to this threat anymore. However, if anyone else is reading: What are your thoughts about whether or not season two will be coming along?

i hope so, i was expecting spoiler[a few character deaths ] that never came. hope Season 2 has some Twisted Evil
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote
@ kuromeru-kitsune
Word is they want to move the manga a bit more ahead first, don't know when they will make it, but it is very likely to continue as it was pretty popular. I myself enjoyed it as there really are not any zombie apocolypse anime.
kuromeru-kitsune

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:27 pm Reply with quote
The weirdest thing is: on Amazon they are apparently selling the entire series. This couldn't possibly be English, could it?

Oh, and yea, as soon as the manga hurries it's little butt along I personally expect to see more anime. Having said that, however, it doesn't seem like spoiler[ there will be much more manga either... ]
kuromeru-kitsune

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote
And since this site wont let me edit my posts, I might as well correct myself by saying that the product i mentioned is subbed.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Definitely bootleged, since Sentai hasn't released any physical discs and thus far it's only available on The Anime Network's website to paying customers. This one won't be released for a while I think, because you can't even pre-order it yet anywhere.
kuromeru-kitsune

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's certainly available for pre-order now. Unfortunately they are labeling it 'the complete series' which gets me a little down.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
kuromeru-kitsune wrote:
Well, it's certainly available for pre-order now. Unfortunately they are labeling it 'the complete series' which gets me a little down.

That's just a naming convention the industry uses and doesn't preclude later seasons. For example, the Strike Witches DVD boxset is labelled "...Complete Series" even though there's a second season.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh, wow... it wasn't so long ago few weeks that I discovered that the Anime Network on-demand had been airing the uncensored dub for the uncut HotD since March 10. For non-registered folks, there are preview clips of the voice actors in their starring roles on the Anime Network site. I've managed able to catch some of the dubbed episodes, and it seems to be really good dub as far as I can tell! There have also been some great one-liners... here are a few of my favorites from what's aired so far (even if one of them is a bit politically tasteless for me, personally):

(from Episode 5)
spoiler[The Context: Shizuka Mirakawa (the nurse, in case you forgot) talks about leaving the bus while Mr. Shido & his cult occupies it.
Shizuka (cutely voiced by Monica Rial): I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I... I think Mr. Shido is kind of a douche bag.]

(from Episode 6)
spoiler[The Context: After Takashi breaks open the gun cabinet with Kota.
Takashi: So she (Shizuka) lives here with a friend of hers, isn't that right? ...Who is she, Sarah f****** Palin?]

spoiler[The Context: A tipsy, mostly naked Shizuka collapses on Takashi, who then asks Kota to help him out some. Kota walks onto the balcony and raises his nosebleeding face towards the camera:
Kota: I LIKE TURTLES.]

Yep, this is going to be a real riot to watch in English. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kuromeru-kitsune

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Yea, most of the episodes sound really good as far as their voice actors are concerned. I didn't like episode seven for some reason, but it's all great.

The OVA was terrible though Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 25