• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bakemonogatari (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quote
not wrote:
About Aya Hirano on the cast...

I had actually heard that SHAFT was planning on animating the Koyomi Vamp arc dealing with spring break but decided not to go for it and the animation they had already completed was worked into episode 1 of Bakemonogatari for a little background information. So I guess she would of voiced Shinobou but being show business, plans change.

Great show by the way, there was not a second I did not enjoy.

Kizu is far larger than any single arc in Bakemonogatari and considering Bake went from 12 episodes to 15 than no SHAFT were not planning to animate it.

Aya Hirano was on the drama cd for Bakemonogatari as Shinobu reading "chapter" titles, that's it.

Shinobu really isn't a factor in Bakemonogatari but she plays a much bigger part in Nisemonogatari the sequel to Bake. Not to mention being one of the most important characters in the prequel.
se7en-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote
it really took me some time to realize that the series if finally over. *sigh*
cashballer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quote
dirkusbirkus wrote:
Senjougahara remains, for me, the greatest modern female anime character. Haruhi who? Laughing

I have to second that.

Amazing series; I've been waiting for this last episode and now that it's here, I'm sad that it's over. I'll definitely be buying the DVDs as well.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I honestly stumbled across the last episode by chance when I thought of this series for some reason, hoping they had finally released the last episode. Low and behold, I did a little searching and found episode 15 available. I thoroughly enjoyed this series, but the way they handled the last 3 episodes...terrible. For the record, I did not like the live action OP for this episode, although the song rocked.

Onto the ep-it's moderately satisfying. spoiler[Cat and Araragi go back and forth over the revelation of Hanekawa's feelings-and it eventually results in a do or die situation. Curious how they'd resolve it, I was a little disappointed when Deus Ex Machina enters and ties up all the loose ends. Why do we basically know nothing of Araragi's past (except for hints), but the climax of this arc is dependent on that knowledge for the resolution to make sense. I am disappoint. I'm glad Araragi stuck to his guns though and remained faithful to Hitagi. I would've thrown a fit if he had a change of heart. ]

I was a little giddy to reminiscence over the ending song again...I wonder if Bakemono will ever make it to the small screen in Japan again, or by some miracle manage to cross the Pacific? Haters gonna hate on this series and I can understand, but you know what-something about Bakemono just does it for me.
kiddtic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quote
Finally completed the series today. its been such a good show, the character development was excellent I realy hope they licence it. I will definetly buy this series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote
With sales of 21,000 DVD/51,000 BD in the first week, the final volume of Bakemonogatari is on track to be the highest selling volume so far. The average per volume has been about a combined 78,000 (overall sales, not just first week).
Alestal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Well I FINALLY got around to watching the last episode! I've had a busy summer.

I have to say that even though it's been a whole YEAR since this series premiered I remember a great deal of the fantastic art scenes and dialogue. The art direction of this series was sublime! I loved the twilight settings, contrasted with the flowing darkness scenes, beautiful. I especially loved the park scene.

What a innovative and original anime this was. Senjougahara was an inspirational character filled with mystique and depth, with one of the BEST character designs I've ever seen. I really loved this anime, it was a really special series and I will remember it for a long time.
MASTERPIECE

EDIT:
500th post, been loving anime here for 5 years... since the tender age of 13. Smile
adisapi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:44 am Reply with quote
Is there anyone know's whether the basis of this anime? whether the novel or manga.I was curious about the past of araragi. how he meet with the vampire shinobu. how can he become a vampire?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:51 am Reply with quote
It is based on a series of light novels, the reason we end up with the big walls of writing was to add things they could not quite fit from the novels. Also there is a prequel season called Kizumonogatari is comeing out some time which should answer some questions. But my understanding of it is that spoiler[he met the injured Vampire I belive he tried to help her and she turned him into a vampire, kind of his case of being too kind.] Though I may be wrong, perhaps the flashes in the first episode help a little, but some was also said in the wall of text.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Reviving this thread because no-one has talked about the character commentaries and holy crap they're good. I'd heard other people praise them, but to actually listen to them is another matter entirely. They add so much value and rewatchability to the show. You're essentially getting two series for the price of one, since each episode can be - nay, has to be - watched twice. If you haven't listened to them then go buy (or if you're a cheapskate, download) the Anime right now. The show's been out for a while now, there's no excuse.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 26 of 26