• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2011 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quote
Watched the first ep of Mirai Nikki and freaking loved it. This type of show is right up my alley.

Watched Gundam: AGE...It was okay. Prob scan through the next couple of ep to see where it goes from there.

Watch that Bento show. To main character of show: ...Moe some lawns and/or get a job...ain't worth it the trouble getting your brain kicked in just for a cheap dinner. >.> Funny show though.

Fate Zero: Not interested in the past war. (skipped)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

If the last few minutes are what the rest of the series will be like then the producers made a big mistake with the way that they sandbagged in the first 1.5 episodes. I might stick around for ep 3 to see if the improvements hold, but right now this is looking like a very low priority series for me.

Maybe they're sandbaggin' following the success of Madoka. Laughing

eaglesdome810 wrote:

Watch that Bento show. To main character of show: ...Moe some lawns

I don't even wanna know how ya do that....... Maybe design a face of Azusa like the grass patterns on baseball fields? That may not be much better than watching grass grow though. Laughing
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:02 am Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
opn wrote:
...or is it cause MB licensed it?

That's exactly why they haven't.

If MB would be so kind as to simulcast it, they would, but they aren't, the jerks!
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Key wrote:

If the last few minutes are what the rest of the series will be like then the producers made a big mistake with the way that they sandbagged in the first 1.5 episodes. I might stick around for ep 3 to see if the improvements hold, but right now this is looking like a very low priority series for me.

Maybe they're sandbaggin' following the success of Madoka. Laughing

Different situation entirely. Madoka had at least shown indicators from the very beginning that it could be something special; the art design was extraordinary almost from the first shots, for instance, and there was always something vaguely creepy about Kyubey. (Its average preview grade was also considerably higher.) C3 had a mildly interesting premise but otherwise showed no hope.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote
eaglesdome810 wrote:
Watch that Bento show. To main character of show: ...Moe some lawns and/or get a job...

Best typo EVER!
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
eaglesdome810 wrote:
Watch that Bento show. To main character of show: ...Moe some lawns and/or get a job...

Best typo EVER!
Lol!Ya got me~
humantyphoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote
Just saw gundam AGE. I thought it was pretty terrible.

what do you guys think?
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
I did not see it, but I thought that this is a little kids' show, which here, at ANN, always get "Decent", "So-So" or "Weak" marks. So it could be really terrible, but fun for little kids.

Last edited by MaxSouth on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
blackseer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote
I did not it was terrible, but wasn't good either. And if you've already watched a reboot of the original Gundam (like Gundam Seed or Unicorn) you'll see it's the same story, so nothing new about this, except it looks more focused in the younger audience.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote
Then it is the same as with the new HxH, which is also obviously for a younger audience, comparing to original.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
well samurai girls seems to be screaming BUY THE DVD'S...god well it's nice to know that visual novel/eroge adapts are living up to their sh** teir standards as usual...oh gee..welp it can't be helped I suppose
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
well samurai girls seems to be screaming BUY THE DVD'S...god well it's nice to know that visual novel/eroge adapts are living up to their sh** teir standards as usual...oh gee..welp it can't be helped I suppose

Well that means I can drop it until the BD rips come out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quote
humantyphoon wrote:
Just saw gundam AGE. I thought it was pretty terrible.

what do you guys think?
It was...okay I guess but I really didn't expect to be blown away in the first place.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:46 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

sentai already has it announced for next year, so it will be available then. That's why cr's simulcast is limited to Ursa/Canada Only.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:48 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

sentai already has it announced for next year, so it will be available then. That's why cr's simulcast is limited to Ursa/Canada Only.

I know Sentai already has it, but I am not quite sure if I want to drop money on it or not. The BD rips will help me if I should give Sentai my money for this title or not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 43