• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
What I'd love to see more than anything else in the world:

Someone taking one of the most retarded, "middle-aged-fat-male-crotch-in-face" style, with vomitting and horrible singing, clips from Tim And Eric Awesome Show! Great Job, and uploading it to nicovideo with a flashing red caption of: "ON AMERICAN TV, CODE GEASS'S TIME SLOT WAS MOVED TO 3 AM SO IT COULD BE REPLACED WITH THIS SHOW," in Japanese ww

Something like this (actual clip from the show): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5_2uZ6v_Nw

Edit: Or possibly this for something longer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMLHx_MVLvU

You know, if you really want to, you can DO that. You have the clip already, you can probably find a video-editing program for free. If you have to be a crybaby, you can at least take some initiative. Whining at someone else to whine for you is the epitome of pathetic. Actually, given that the idea is to get JP fans to rant at I suppose Sunrise so that Sunrise can rant at Bandai so that they can rant at CN- you're actually whining at someone to whine for you to people who will whine to people who will whine to other people who will whine to the people that might be able to do something about it. Wow, that's some serious six degrees of emo there. Seriously, though, I'd like to see you try it anyway, if only to watch the JP fans ignore you to death. Do you seriously think they give a crap about american fans? *I* don't give a crap about american fans, and I'm one of them!

Like I said on the other thread, this wouldn't happen if people would WATCH THE SHOW. But most of the people I hear on the internet are boycotting [AS] for not showing good shows, boycotting [AS] for not showing good shows at the time they want, boycotting dubs to get back at 4Kids, boycotting dubs because they prefer subs, boycotting dubs because they hate the U.S. voice talent, functionally boycotting the show in specific because they think it's lame and unoriginal, boycotting the show because it attracts BL girls, or just watching fansubs so they can brag to their friends about being the best otaku evar.

As time goes by, I find it harder and harder to sympathize with American fans. They essentially tell the R1 industry "We demand the highest quality properties, production, and marketing, and if you give it to us we still won't support it because we hate your guts." And we wonder why companies keep picking up kiddy shonen? News flash, morons: kids may be not-so-nice-people, but at least when they like a show, they'll actually watch it.
joshuafer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote
I have to wonder if euphie will ever tell spoiler[ suzaku that lelouch is zero, you know it has to be revealed eventually. Shirley might be a part of it, of course.] I also have to wonder what is up with suzaku, since Lelouch spoiler[ used his geass power to command him to live, it is a rather vague command, not like live through this one battle, so it is still in effect, which might cause him to go ignore orders again. That is what i gather from the glowing eyes thing he had occur to him in the battle this episode.] Looking forward to next week, like always.

I just realized, both Shirley and spoiler[ the silver haired lady do not remember shirley shot the silver haired lady, but if she gets her memories back...of course, shirley can not remember it, wouldn't that be interesting if she showed up and wanted to kick shirley's ass...heh]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21 is out!

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a2505951bc80ed4011c76c420fd079e

And it's the requisite school festival episode with lots of fun school antics with most of your favorite characters! Very Happy

*sigh* This is pretty much the only TV series on Adult Swim where you can experience your usual anime comedy that similarly found in other romance comedy series.

Of course the biggest kicker is that spoiler[Euphie indirectly "defeated" the Black Knights by announcing the Special Administrative Region for the Elevens in which they regain their name and pride back. Pretty much everything Lelouch and the Black Knights were fighting for went out the window!]
GenshikenServo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Another great episode!

I was laughing pretty hard at...

spoiler[Cecile hitting the guy who looks like lloyd, and the Arthur and Lancalot cosplay!]
Laughing
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:07 pm Reply with quote
It's sad. This thread hasn't quite died, but it isn't as well-tended as before. Which is a crying shame, since the Big Episode, where - depending on your views - the show either Gets Good or Falls to Pieces, is next up.

Sigh.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:46 am Reply with quote
That was a hilarious episode, what with all the secret identity mish-mash. The best part was CC and the pizza though. Wink
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:47 am Reply with quote
Haha CC and her pizza fixation, funny. I just hope Lelouch does not try to spoiler[ Kill euphie or anything, she was not doing that out of spite, but he seemed pretty pissed. I hope amnesia chick never gets her memory back...] Looking forward to next weekend, like always.
braves

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
It's sad. This thread hasn't quite died, but it isn't as well-tended as before. Which is a crying shame, since the Big Episode, where - depending on your views - the show either Gets Good or Falls to Pieces, is next up.

Sigh.

I don't really know what you're talking about. This thread already has more pages than the original one had and the first season hasn't even ended its first run yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Sigh.

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Seriously though- funny episode, capped off with a strange and unexpected paradigm shift. But remember that Schneizel approved this whole-heartedly, so chances are that it's a scheme. Like, for example- first it causes the Black Knights to fragment, to the point where they're no longer a threat. Then, after a period of peace and prosperity, the new Japanese district collapses into anarchy and disorder- possibly due to behind-the-scenes mechanations, possibly due to plain old human nature. Tensions between the native Japanese and the Britanians will probably be a factor, since presumably the Britanians will still be in control of the economic and political institutions. Civil disorder becomes common, and people who just want to live in peace get caught in the crossfire. Brittania then takes the opportunity to move in and re-establish control, with the bonus that they become the heroes for restoring order and security to a land steeped in chaos.
freezespell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
Haha CC and her pizza fixation, funny. I just hope Lelouch does not try to spoiler[ Kill euphie or anything, she was not doing that out of spite, but he seemed pretty pissed. I hope amnesia chick never gets her memory back...] Looking forward to next weekend, like always.

Actually you'll have to wait two weeks for the next episode since the winner of the BK Have it Your Way sweepstakes will be running [adult swim] next Saturday and from what I've heard, she's promised us some anime at a reasonable hour. Very Happy
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Just watched my recording of CG.

C2 looked so sad when spoiler[the pizza dough got ruined.] Crying or Very sad Laughing

Man, Lelouch looked so pissed. I totally understand though, that zone will not cause any real solutions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nick0991

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:

i'm not gonna ruin it but if you watch LOST it will make a LOST twist look like nothing.
wolfsbane12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:45 am Reply with quote
I've heard rumors about the ending (man that forum about the sequeal is tempting) but I hope they're false.

I was right there with C2 when the pizza got ruined. For that alone, Suzaku and Euphenia must pay.

Preferably a large, extra pepperoni...I wasn't gonna kill them over a pizza.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote
wolfsbane12 wrote:
I've heard rumors about the ending (man that forum about the sequeal is tempting) but I hope they're false.

Ending to season one or ending to the whole series? I assume the latter. Personally, I found the several episodes leading up to the end to be quite awful (I won't go into detail here) but the last episode was pretty good.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Personally, I found the several episodes leading up to the end to be quite awful (I won't go into detail here) but the last episode was pretty good.

It must have been seeing as it's gone to number 2 in the anime rankings and its median rating is a masterpiece.

Seen in part or in whole by 1927 users, rank: #228
Median rating: Masterpiece
Arithmetic mean: 9.0468 (Excellent+.04), std. dev.: 2.0713, rank: #33
Weighted mean: 8.9506 (Excellent-.04), rank: #53
Bayesian estimate: 8.94091 (Excellent-.05), rank: #2

Just a little bit of hype. Wink

Anyways, looking forward to more Code Geass after the one week break for the Burger King contest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 60