• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ro-Kyu-Bu! TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:58 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609, my post was tongue-in-cheek. I thought I'd made it fairly obvious by being so outrageous but perhaps my sense of humour is a tad oblique for you?

I know full well that Naoya is the father of Asuha but not Lotte.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It averaged over 6k copies sold per volume so this isn't particularly shocking to me.

So when will we be hearing about the next season of Kuroko?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:00 am Reply with quote
I had forgotten that Sentai had actually licensed the first season and then for some reason, backed out. I'd love to know the reason for that. Anyway, it was kind of a cute show. I doubt I would have bought the first season if Sentai had released it, but I'll watch the second.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
It averaged over 6k copies sold per volume so this isn't particularly shocking to me.

So when will we be hearing about the next season of Kuroko?

Probably sometime after its been more than a month since the first season ended.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:15 am Reply with quote
OH YES BABY!! I have being waiting for this. I absolutely loved the first season because it had all the good elements of a shonen show and it was friggin hilarious to see Subaru getting into awkward situations involving elementary school girls.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I had forgotten that Sentai had actually licensed the first season and then for some reason, backed out. I'd love to know the reason for that.

They didn't back out of it, the JP licensor sent out a buyback of all non-Asian home video licenses, and Sentai complied.
Which was stated in the PR.

There's been plenty of speculation as to why the JP licensor would want to do that, but the most logical one I've heard so far is:
There was probably something in the seires that they had to pay royalties for per volume, and decided to limit its exposure, thereby limiting their obligation.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 am Reply with quote
@ The Coffee God - yeah, I was sloppy in my wording - I actually knew that Sentai hadn't backed out of its own volition. That assumption you mention strikes me as odd, however - I would think that before a production committee grants a license, it would be aware of its various obligations. It seems somewhat improbable that a license would be granted and then the licensor goes, "doh, we totes forgot about this royalties thing ... erm, could we have our license back, please?" Not saying that's not what happened, but it does seem kinda dopey.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Are.

You.

Freaking.

KIDDING MEEEEEE?!?!?!??!

Of all the horrible shows that need to be erased off the plane of existence you had to slap a second season onto, YOU GAVE IT TO THE VERY WORST, MOST FETISHY, AND MOST OFFENSIVE ONE OF THEM ALL?!?!?!?!? And you wonder why the anime industry is failing!!! Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Wow, you like to complain.
Also, if you think Ro-Kyu-Bu! is the "very worst, most fetishy and most offensive" anime, your experience is hilariously limited.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
No, they call him "Onii-chan"

I could have sworn they called him "goshujinsama" at some point. But as I only watched like two episodes I will take your word for it.

Actually only Hina calls him "onii-chan." The others either call him Hasegawa-san or Subaru-san.
LuScr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
TAN still has the first season streaming, as far as I know. Any word on whether they'll get season 2 as well?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote
LuScr wrote:
TAN still has the first season streaming, as far as I know. Any word on whether they'll get season 2 as well?

Those kind of decisions are not made this early.

Since Sentai was asked by the licensor to relinquish the home video license for the original series, that dims the chances of the second being anything other than a stream only series, which could affect Sentai's interest in it.

If the stream numbers for the first series were good enough, however, they could still get it, and it might even be a setup where Crunchyroll gets it first and TAN a month later in order to spread the cost.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
I think he is supposed to be in his first year of high school and they are in there last year grade school. he's around 15, and they around 11.

There's a massive difference between a fifteen-year-old and an eleven-year-old. Don't try and excuse the indefensible.

a four year difference?? that's nothing my biological parents are 10 years apart, I don't see the problem.

Blood- wrote:
I had forgotten that Sentai had actually licensed the first season and then for some reason, backed out. I'd love to know the reason for that. Anyway, it was kind of a cute show. I doubt I would have bought the first season if Sentai had released it, but I'll watch the second.

I believe this had something to do with it
http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q496/cecilthedarkknight_234/1350798090610.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
The difference being, your parents didn't meet when one was in college and the other was in elementary school.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
The difference being, your parents didn't meet when one was in college and the other was in elementary school.

I understand that fully but it's not big eh or creepy thing to me, Hell don't make me bring up air who had a protag in his mid 20's and the heroines are only 15-16, to me it's the same thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
I'd like to point out to those who haven't watched the first season that there is an established relationship in this series with the leading male and it is not with any of the young girls he's coaching.

Now that that has been established, can you please take your cries of "ew, loli" and go kindly somewhere else and let those who enjoy the fact that kids try to be cute awkwardly at that age and a good story to boot enjoy the show for what it is and not what you're trying to paint it as? Please?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8