• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim to Split from Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marinerzz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote
they need to show all anime. anime rules. and i don't really care for the adult swim original stuff. it's ok, but not as good as anime.

also, they should go from 7 pm until late night. the little kids can watch their miguzi crap until 7 pm. that's more than enough programming for them. think about it, 7 pm to 2 am, 7 hours, more than double their current 3 hours. that'd be frigging sweet.

they should run these shows daily: outlaw star, trigun, cowboy bebop, yu yu hakusho, rurouni kenshin, fullmetal alchemist, ghost in the shell, inuyasha, some other shows i'm forgetting right now, and get some new anime shows too.

i'm drooling at the possibilities! Shocked
emory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:53 pm Reply with quote
guy above me, you're living in dreamy dream land.
biliano

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I agree with emory; it'll never happen.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
marinerzz wrote:
they need to show all anime. anime rules. and i don't really care for the adult swim original stuff. it's ok, but not as good as anime.

yeah, only your taste counts, lets ignore the hundreds of thousands of other people who watch stuff ok.
redknight0620

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:27 am Reply with quote
Don't know if this question was asked but will adult swim be a 24 hour program and be on a totaly deferent channel.

Personally my favorite anime shows are:
Inuyasha
Ruroni Kinshin
Robot chicken
Wolf Rain
that cyborg show that was on last year.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:42 am Reply with quote
redknight0620 wrote:
Don't know if this question was asked but will adult swim be a 24 hour program and be on a totaly deferent channel.

Only about 32,561 times.

The answer is still NO!
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
redknight0620 wrote:

Only about 32,561 times.

The answer is still NO!

Well, in a way I guess you could say they already are, aren't they still doing that whole "Adult Swim Video on Demand in Association With Anime Village.com" thing with Bandai?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
One thing I just thought of, is whether or not this will affect certain yearly events that Cartoon Network tends to throw, like that June Bugs marathon of Bugs Bunny cartoons that runs for like a nonstop week or weekend or whatever. Personally, I hope this actually means that Adult Swim won't get pre-empted anymore, as it's always a tad irritating every so often to flip over to Cartoon Network and expect Family Guy or Cowboy Bebop, but instead get the same fifteen Bugs Bunny shorts (since political correctness is cutting the number of Bugs Bunny cartoons allowed to be played anywhere at anytime ever in half with each successive year) replayed about seventy times in a two-hour span. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
redknight0620

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:04 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
One thing I just thought of, is whether or not this will affect certain yearly events that Cartoon Network tends to throw, like that June Bugs marathon of Bugs Bunny cartoons that runs for like a nonstop week or weekend or whatever. Personally, I hope this actually means that Adult Swim won't get pre-empted anymore, as it's always a tad irritating every so often to flip over to Cartoon Network and expect Family Guy or Cowboy Bebop, but instead get the same fifteen Bugs Bunny shorts (since political correctness is cutting the number of Bugs Bunny cartoons allowed to be played anywhere at anytime ever in half with each successive year) replayed about seventy times in a two-hour span. Confused
well did you hear about the upgraded bugs bunny in the new cartoon loonatics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4