• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shippers Rejoice! 10,000 Anime Fans Pick Their Favorite Same-Sex Pairings

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:56 am Reply with quote
A lot of both terrible and fantastic (and some amusing) pairings.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:18 am Reply with quote
The validity of the poll is questionable at best.
If we're going off sheer numbers and the amount of fan art on Pixiv the top ranks should go to HomuMado, KyouSaya, and NanoFate. KyouSaya and HomuMado over NanoFate by about 8000 entries.

Not to mention the highest rated yuri art Pixiv is KyouSaya stuff.

And for the record, yeah. Kyouko and Sayaka are quite literally perfect for each other.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote
I don't know why anyone would want the Elric brothers as lovers beyond wanting to appease there outrageous shipping fantasies.
Blue21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:26 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I don't know why anyone would want the Elric brothers as lovers beyond wanting to appease there outrageous shipping fantasies.

Who cares? It's not like they're harming anyone by shipping it. Respect other people's preferences if you want others to respect yours.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
What Same-Sex Anime Couple Do You Think Most Suits One Another? (Men)
9. Goku x Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z)
11. Lupin III x Daisuke Jigen (Lupin III)
12. Naruto Uzamaki x Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
13. Edward Elric x Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
14. Gon Freecss x Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter)
15. Accelerator x Toma Kamijo (A Certain... series)
16. Akihisa Yoshii x Yūji Sakamoto (Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts)
18. Sei Iori x Reiji (Gundam Build Fighters)
19. Kira Yamato x Athrun Zala (Gundam Seed)
20. Moritaka Mashiro x Akito Takagi (Bakuman)

Laughing
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
No Kyoko/Sayaka for Madoka? Seriously? That's just tragic. Also needs more Rin/Saber. Happy to see Maki/Nico and Nozomi/Elli though.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm not quite sure why men voting voting for male couples is something that's funny.

I do enjoy the Hinata and Kageyama which is up at the top with Abe x Mihashi and Tajima x Hanai both from Oofuri.

I think others need to remember that many of these pairing are fantasy rather than being put together to make sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
electricpatriot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
How are Yagyu and Hibari (Senran Kagura) not on this list!?
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:

Though I'm surprised that there's nothing from Attack on Titan on this list. Isn't Levi x Eren like, ridiculously popular?

I thought there was something missing. I am just as surprised there wasn't any AoT in here at all.

So happy one of my OTPs made it in here (RinHaru). I figured MakoHaru would beat it but I'm glad it's in there at all considering the dislike The Japanese fans have of him. Surprised there's no NagisaRei though.

KilluaxGon I would probably ship if they were older but because they're kids it's weird. Oddly enough I ship Okumuracent but Elriccest is just wrong...

Kind of wish No.6 was popular enough to have made it on here, it was practically canon. Anime hyper
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
MidoTaka does get a LOT of excellent djs. :3 My fav kurobas ship doesn't even make voting tho... Kagami x Aomine shipper here.

Fun list anyway, sort of surprised GinHiji is so far up, especially with some of the other seemingly more popular pairings in 5-10 on the overall list. Apparently I underestimate the Gintama fans.
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
nichtejager wrote:
Gintoki x Hijikata for the win! Anyone who remembers episode 66 where they were handcuffed together for the whole show by super-sadist Sougo, dancing and sharing bathroom moments... Brings a tear to the eye of any fangirl. LOL!

OMFG that was the best Gin/Hiji episode EVER! That one was a fujoshi's dream episode! Laughing
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
#828832 wrote:
The validity of the poll is questionable at best.
If we're going off sheer numbers and the amount of fan art on Pixiv the top ranks should go to HomuMado, KyouSaya, and NanoFate. KyouSaya and HomuMado over NanoFate by about 8000 entries.

Pixiv is just one website, and over the years more western artists have started using it so it's not a good indication of Japanese popularity or taste. Most Japanese artists upload their artwork to their own persona fc2 or livedoor blogs. Especially some of the more prominent artists.

In general artists are just one section of a fandom. You don't have to know how to draw to have an opinon or weigh in on a poll. Limiting it to just artists is unbalanced.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:
Pixiv is just one website, and over the years more western artists have started using it so it's not a good indication of Japanese popularity or taste.

Perhaps that may explain why I don't see much fan artwork of Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha on deviantart, a Western art site?
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
I do enjoy the Hinata and Kageyama which is up at the top with Abe x Mihashi and Tajima x Hanai both from Oofuri.

It's a shame that Oofuri isn't that well known with the fujoshi fandom. Sad It's such a great show but it's overshadowed by the other sports shows.
Saturn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
yeesh there are a lot of people up in arms about the incest shipping. Did I fall asleep and wake up in an alternate reality where there's not at LEAST one anime per season based around a brother/sister incest relationship?
Or is this only an issue because they're both male?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5