• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uran's New Paradise of Innocence Anime Unveils Video, Cast, Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:18 am Reply with quote
Has anyone pointed out that the series was actually censored in a way that fits the definition before an online retailer picket the series out of a hat and wagged their finger. The institution who did that would be the publisher who made the author adhere to editorial guidelines and the standard practice censorship laws by the Japanese government. If anyone wants to be angry about the limitation of free speech then blame these two... Amazon further doesn´t have the monopoly on manga sales, is incapable of tanking a niche publication and one can always buy the digital chapters from Hakusensha. This may be the best advertisement the manga got up till now.

The manga may be the current premier loli title on the market but a TV adaptation is impossible in the current climate (unless one wants to be an ONA rebel. More OVA´s though are a given as long as the manga lasts as these are no budget promotion tools and look how much advertisement this one story has given the series. ANN certainly noticed.

The 90s crackdown on incest/pedophilia changed the (eroge) market way more than anything that went on during the last 3-ish years and don´t worry loli / shota (where are anime based on these ~ i demand equality Razz ) connoisseurs. Our march towards a digitally published future as actually good for you as internet publications can circumnavigate all sorts of red tape so hentai fans will profit of the death of print most of all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ItAintEazy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
The 90s crackdown on incest/pedophilia changed the (eroge) market way more than anything that went on during the last 3-ish years.

You wouldn't believe what they allowed to be published back in the 90's.

But it's still funny how people claim there is a cause-effect relationship between lolicon manga and child sexual abuse, especially when the latter declined over 60% over 20 years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4